Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dimetapp?
- 2 Uses of Dimetapp
- 3 How does Dimetapp work?
- 4 How to Take Dimetapp?
- 5 Common Dosage for Dimetapp
- 6 When to Avoid Dimetapp?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Dimetapp
- 8 Side-Effects of Dimetapp
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Dimetapp – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Dimetapp
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Dimetapp
1What is Dimetapp?
Dimetapp is a combination medicine used to provide symptomatic relief in patients with common cold/ flu and respiratory allergies. Dimetapp contains a combination of Brompheneramine maleate and phenylephrine hydrochloride which is available in syrup form for oral administration mainly for children. It is always better to use Dimetapp under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like dizziness, constipation and headache.
Dimetapp Composition: 5ml of Dimetapp syrup contains:Brompheneramine maleate – 1mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride – 15mg
Manufactured By – Pfizer
Prescription– Prescription needed
Form – Syrup
Price – Not Available in India
Type of Drug – Cough and cold syrup