Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dimetapp?
- 2 Uses of Dimetapp
- 3 How does Dimetapp work?
- 4 How to Take Dimetapp?
- 5 Common Dosage for Dimetapp
- 6 When to Avoid Dimetapp?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Dimetapp
- 8 Side-Effects of Dimetapp
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Dimetapp
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Dimetapp
- 9.3 3. Effects of Dimetapp on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Dimetapp with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Dimetapp when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Dimetapp when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Dimetapp?
- 10 Dimetapp – Composition, Variant and Price– Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Dimetapp
- 12 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Dimetapp
- 12.1 Q. What is Dimetapp?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Dimetapp?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Dimetapp?
- 12.4 Q. Should Dimetapp be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.5 Q. Does Dimetapp make you drowsy?
- 12.6 Q. What should be the time gap between the intakes of two Dimetapp doses?
- 12.7 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.8 Q. Does Dimetapp effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.9 Q. Is Dimetapp safe for children?
- 12.10 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Dimetapp?
- 12.11 Q. Is Dimetapp legal in India?
- 12.12 Similar Reads:
1What is Dimetapp?
Dimetapp is a combination medicine used to provide symptomatic relief in patients with common cold/ flu and respiratory allergies. Dimetapp contains a combination of Brompheneramine maleate and phenylephrine hydrochloride which is available in syrup form for oral administration mainly for children. It is always better to use Dimetapp under medical supervision as advised as it may lead to adverse effects like dizziness, constipation and headache.
Dimetapp Composition: 5ml of Dimetapp syrup contains:Brompheneramine maleate – 1mg, Phenylephrine hydrochloride – 15mg
Manufactured By – Pfizer
Prescription– Prescription needed
Form – Syrup
Price – Not Available in India
Type of Drug – Cough and cold syrup