Table of Contents
- 1 What is Diprovate?
- 2 Uses of Diprovate
- 3 How Does Diprovate Work?
- 4 How to Take Diprovate?
- 5 Diprovate Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Diprovate
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Diprovate?
- 8 Side-Effects of Diprovate
- 9 Allergic Reactions Reported with Diprovate
- 10 Effects of Diprovate on Organs
- 11 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results after Consuming Diprovate
- 13 Storage Requirements about Diprovate
- 14 Pro Tips When Taking Diprovate
- 15 FAQs – Things to Know About Diprovate
- 16 Is Diprovate addictive?
- 17 Can I have Diprovate with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Diprovate when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Diprovate when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Diprovate?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Diprovate?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Diprovate?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Diprovate?
What is Diprovate?
Diprovate belongs to the class of Glucocorticoid medication. It acts as a steroid drug which is administrated orally through injection or cream application. Diprovate is primarily used to treat rheumatoid disorders such as Rheumatic arthritis.
Uses of Diprovate
Diprovate is used to treat the following:
- Inflammation of Corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses
- Allergic disorders
- Skin problems such as rashes, irritation
- Dermatological problems
- Psoriasis in scalp, feet, and hands
Also Read: Diclogesic Uses | Diamicron Uses | Deviry Uses
How Does Diprovate Work?
Diprovate works by modifying the immune response of the body to various diseased conditions as it is a corticosteroid. It would decrease the inflammation.
How to Take Diprovate?
Apply Diprovate cream in the area of inflammation regularly as per your physician’s advice. The injection should be injected in areas such the as thighs and arms.
Diprovate Price In India
|Diprovate MF Cream: Tube of 20 gm Cream||Rs 69.9|
|Diprovate ES Plus: Tube of 20 gm Ointment||Rs 129.00|
|Diprovate S Plus: Tube of 20 gm Ointment||Rs 124.00|
|Diprovate Plus: Bottle of 50 ml Lotion||Rs 137.00|
|Diprovate S Lotion: Bottle of 30 ml Lotion||Rs 137.00|
Common Dosage for Diprovate
The dosage may differ for different conditions. Consult your doctor before use.
Precautions – When to Avoid Diprovate?
- Don’t wash the area after applying the Diprovate cream.
- Don’t take Diprovate along with other diabetic medications
- Don’t apply it on open wounds, irritated skin.
Side-Effects of Diprovate
Some common side effects of Diprovate are:
- Discoloration of the skin,
Also Read: Dilzem Side Effect | Dipsalic Side Effect
Allergic Reactions Reported with Diprovate
Allergies like itching, reddening, burning, stinging and blistering in the skin have been reported for Diprovate.
Effects of Diprovate on Organs
High dosage of Diprovate may affect kidney, by increasing renal blood flow.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Serious adverse effects will show when the drug interacts with:
- Acetaminophen, and
Effects/Results after Consuming Diprovate
Diprovate will show its effect within a few minutes after taking it.
Storage Requirements about Diprovate
Diprovate can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Also, do not freeze the medicine.
Pro Tips When Taking Diprovate
- Diprovate should not be taken more or less than the prescribed dosage.
- Avoid Diprovate if you have hypersensitivity.
- It should not get into your eyes, nose or mouth.
FAQs – Things to Know About Diprovate
Is Diprovate addictive?
Can I have Diprovate with alcohol?
Effect of Diprovate with alcohol is unknown.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Diprovate when pregnant?
You should only take Diprovate if it is prescribed. It is better to consult your doctor.
Can I have Diprovate when feeding a baby?
It is not recommended to use Diprovate when feeding a baby. It is better yo consult your doctor.
Can I drive after taking Diprovate?
No, it is always safe to avoid driving after taking Diprovate.
What happens if I overdose on Diprovate?
An overdose on Diprovate would cause a poisonous effect which can even cause death.
What happens if I eat expired Diprovate?
It will not be potentially harmful. However, sometimes it may cause some dangerous side effects on the body.
What happens if I miss a dose of Diprovate?
If you miss a dose of Diprovate, take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back to your regular dosage.