Skip to Content
- DishTV Remote: Know About DishTV Remote Price, Features & Review
- DishTV Universal Remote – Special Buttons and Functions
- How to Setup your DishTV Universal Remote: Easy Steps?
- DishTV Remote (Universal) – FAQs
Planning to get a Dish TV connection? Then probably you would want to know about the various functionalities of an accompanying DishTV remote as well. A subsidiary of Zee Entertainment Enterprises, Dish TV is one of the renowned DTH service providers in India. Here is a broad review including the functions, price, and features of DishTV Remote Control.
DishTV Remote: Know About DishTV Remote Price, Features & Review
What is the DishTV Universal Remote?
The DishTV Universal Remote is an all-in-one remote control for your set-top box that works with TVs of all leading brands. It is hassle-free because you no longer need different remote controls for your TVs at home. Just one, and you’re good to go! It is also versatile, convenient to use, especially if you have kids and senior citizens at home. The best part? The DishTV Universal Remote is budget-friendly too!
DishTV Universal Remote Features
- Works with both HD/SD set-top boxes
- Extremely affordable
- Easy fit for hand
- Colorful protruded buttons
- Soft rubber keypad
- Easy to understand functions
DishTV Universal Remote Price
The DishTV remote control is very afforadable and costs just Rs 250
DishTV Remote (Universal) Review
DishTV Remote Pros
- A single remote to operate your TV & Set-Top-Box
- The same remote works with TVs of all Brands
- A sleek, matte finish
- Works with 2 AA Batteries
- Allows program recording
- Enables picture formatting to the desired width
- Single-mode enables watching two programs at once
- Allows controlling of TV volume
Dish TV Remote Cons
- Might seem difficult to operate because of the many buttons
- Not water resistant
DishTV Universal Remote – Special Buttons and Functions
- Home Key – Used for: To Access the Menu.
- When you press the HOME KEY you can access the STB Menu and if TV Mode is ON then access the TV menu.
- Source Key – Used for: To switch between different TV outputs ( TV/AV/HDMI 1/HDMI 2/ USB)
- If you have a regular TV, you can switch between the TV or AV mode.
- If you have an LED or LCD TV, you can switch among TV, AV, HDMI, USB mode.
- TV Mode Key – Used for: To access the TV Menu
- When you press the TV MODE, the Universal Remote will work as a regular TV remote.
How to Setup your DishTV Universal Remote: Easy Steps?
- Take your remote and press the OK and 0 keys together, until the TV mode LED turns red: this shows that the remote is ready to learn.
- Now put the DishTV Universal Remote somewhere on a flat surface. Take your regular TV remote and put it in front of the Universal Remote so that their LED lights face each other directly. The distance between the remotes should be just 5cm.
- Program the Universal Remote’s TV power button –> press the TV power key on the Universal Remote. The red TV Mode LED on the DishTV Remote will blink once which confirms you can now proceed.
Then, press the power key on your TV remote. The red TV Mode LED on the Universal Remote will blink twice which indicates that it has got your command.
Simply follow the same process for VOL UP/DOWN. MUTE, SOURCE & Navigation buttons (UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT/OK).
LASTLY, to save all your commands, press the TV power key on the Universal Remote until the red TV Mode LED blinks thrice.
Check This Video About How to Use DishTV Universal Remote Control
DishTV Remote (Universal) – FAQs
How can I order a new DishTV Remote online?
You can call the Dish TV Helpline number to order a new Dish TV Remote.
Can I Change Channel Frequency With The DishTV Remote?
No. Channel frequencies are predetermined and can not be changed. Check out the Dish TV channel frequency list for more information.
Can I check my account balance with my DishTV remote?
Yes! It is very simple to check your balance with with Dish TV remote. To learn how to do a Dish TV balance check, read our blog of the same.
What are DishTV Helpline numbers?
You can contact the Dish TV Customer Care Team by dialing 18002583474 (toll-free), 18602583474, or 18601203474.
Can I add channels with my DishTV remote?
No you cannot add channels with Dish TV remote control. However, you can learn how to add Dish TV DTH channels and add channels with ease.
Yes, the Dish TV remote contains a Recording button.
- Dish TV Channel List
- Dish TV Frequency
- Latest Dish TV HD Channel List
- Latest Dish TV Sports Pack
- Dish TV HD Pack
- Dish TV South Indian Pack