Table of Contents
- What Is Ditide?
- Uses of Ditide
- How Does Ditide Work?
- Ditide Prices in India
- How to Take Ditide?
- Common Dosage Of Ditide
- When to Avoid Ditide & Precautions To Take?
- Side Effects Of Ditide
- Effect of Ditide on Organs
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to be careful about
- Shows Effects/Results In
- Storage Requirements for Ditide
- Pro Tips When Taking Ditide
Ditide Composition – Benzthiazide (25mg) + Triamterene (50mg)
Manufactured By – Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 52
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Ditide?
Ditide is a diuretic drug that contains Triamterene and Benzthiazide as it’s active ingredients.
Manufactured By – Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Buy & Get 20% Off at Myra Medicines | 1mg | Practo
Uses of Ditide
Ditide is used for the control of high blood pressure, oedema in heart failure, cirrhosis of the liver and nephrotic syndrome.
How Does Ditide Work?
The two active ingredients of Ditide have the following mechanism of action –
- Triamterene is a potassium sparing diuretic that acts by directly inhibiting the exchange of sodium for potassium and hydrogen in the distal renal tubule
- Benzthiazide is a thiazide diuretic that reduces the reabsorption of electrolytes from the renal tubules, thereby increasing the excretion of sodium and chloride ions along with water
Ditide Prices in India
|Ditide Tablet – 10 Tablets||Rs 52|
How to Take Ditide?
Ditide tablet is meant to be taken orally after meals.
Common Dosage Of Ditide
- Common dosage of Ditide is three tablets a day, two being taken after breakfast and one after lunch
- After the first week, treatment should preferably be given on alternative days, to ensure satisfactory maintenance of diuresis without an increase in blood urea levels
- Maintenance dosage may be reduced to one or two tablets every other day, taken after breakfast or after breakfast and lunch
When to Avoid Ditide & Precautions To Take?
Ditide is contraindicated in the following conditions –
- Hyperkalaemia (high potassium levels in blood)
- Progressive kidney failure
- Increasing liver dysfunction
- Diabetic ketoacidosis
- Addison’s disease
Ditide should be used with caution in patients with hepatic or renal insufficiency.and in patients predisposed to gout.
Side Effects Of Ditide
Common side effects of Ditide include –
- Glucose intolerance
- Muscle cramps
- Increased levels of blood lipids and uric acid
- Kidney stones
- Dry mouth
- Excessive thirst
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Skin rashes
Effect of Ditide on Organs
Ditide may impair kidney function.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Allergic reactions to the drug have been reported. Symptoms include difficulty in breathing, severe skin rashes, headache, dizziness, dry mouth, fever etc. Seek immediate medical attention in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be careful about
Ditide shows interaction with the following drugs –
- Oral contraceptives
Shows Effects/Results In
- Onset of action of Ditide can be seen within one hour of oral dose
- Duration of effect lasts for about 7 to 9 hours
Storage Requirements for Ditide
- Store in a dry place at temperatures not exceeding 30ºC
- Keep out of reach of children
Pro Tips When Taking Ditide
- Ditide may cause the urine to be coloured fluorescent blue, there is nothing to worry about, if this happens
- It is advisable to monitor blood urea, serum potassium levels and electrolytes periodically in the elderly patients taking Ditide
Is Ditide addictive?
Can I have Ditide with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Ditide when pregnant?
Can I have Ditide when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Ditide?
Avoid if dizziness occurs.
What happens if I overdose on Ditide?
Overdosing with Ditide may lead to irritation in stomach, pain in the abdominal area, nausea and other adverse effects. Consult your doctor in such a case.
What happens if I eat expired Ditide?
No major side effect is seen upon consumption of a single dose of expired medicine. However, if you notice any severe side effects, immediately inform your doctor.
What happens if I miss a dose of Ditide?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember.
If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.