Walnuts are seeds of the Juglans genus tree and are often referred to as “brain foods”. This is mostly because of their structure but, many studies have found that they do actually serve as brain foods.
Interesting Facts About Walnuts
- Walnuts are one of the oldest tree foods consumed by man
- California produces 75% of the world’s supply of walnuts
- Walnuts contain alpha linoleic acid, which is a type of Omega-3 fatty acid
- These prevent blood clots and help maintain cardiovascular health
- Walnut trees can live for over 250 years
- Walnuts contain phosphorous and magnesium that benefit bone mass and muscle function
- A study conducted in 2010 by the NYS Institute for Basic Research in Developmental Disabilities, NY, USA showed that walnuts reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s Disease in Mice
- Walnuts help reduce cholesterol and inflammation and improving blood vessel function
- Walnuts also improve body stamina and make for healthy snacks
- They help control diabetes thanks to polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats
- Walnuts are rich in minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, manganese that facilitate growth
- Walnuts also have vitamin B- complex that is essential for foetus growth & are great for pregnant women
- The vitamin E present in walnuts prevent wrinkles and dry skin
- Walnuts also help your body detox by removing toxins and wastes
These were some interesting facts we learned about. Do you know something about Walnuts that we missed? Tell us in the comments section!
Where To Buy Walnuts?
Save money when you buy Walnuts online by using these coupons: