Table of Contents
- 1 What is Dolokind?
- 2 Uses of Dolokind
- 3 How Does Dolokind Work?
- 4 How to Take Dolokind?
- 5 Dolokind Price In India
- 6 Common Dosage for Dolokind
- 7 Precautions – When to Avoid Dolokind?
- 8 Side-Effects of Dolokind
- 9 Allergic Reactions Reported
- 10 Effects of Dolokind on Organs
- 11 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 12 Effects/Results after Consuming Dolokind
- 13 Storage Requirements about Dolokind
- 14 Pro Tips When Taking Dolokind
- 15 FAQs – Things to Know About Dolokind
- 16 Is Dolokind addictive?
- 17 Can I have Dolokind with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Dolokind when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Dolokind when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Dolokind?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Dolokind?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Dolokind?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Dolokind?
- 25 When was Dolokind made?
Dolokind Composition – Aceclofenac 100 MG
Manufactured By – Mankind Pharma Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 24.14
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Dolokind?
Dolokind is made up of a combination of Aceclofenac and Paracetamol. It is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAI) Of Propionic Acid Class. Dolokind is used as a common medication for pain, fever, swelling or stiffness. It is usually sold as a sodium salt in the form of nonselective COX inhibitor.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Med Life | Netmeds Coupons
Uses of Dolokind
- Dolokind is used to treat various pains from a headache, swelling, dental pain, etc.
- The pain caused by swelling and stiffness due to conditions such as arthritis can also be reduced by Dolokind.
- It is also used to treat gout disorder.
Also Read: Dilzem Uses | Diprovate Uses | Dipsalic Uses
How Does Dolokind Work?
As Dolokind is an Antidepressant, it enhances the activity of neurotransmitters such as noradrenaline and serotonin which act as chemical messengers between nerve cells. As they are bound to the nerve cells of the brain, they would no longer have an effect on our mood.
How to Take Dolokind?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Dolokind can be taken with or without food.
- This drug is recommended 3 times a day for a maximum three days.
Dolokind Price In India
|Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 43.17|
|100mg Strip of 10 Tablets SR||Rs 21.95|
|Dolokind AA:Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 66.55|
Common Dosage for Dolokind
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- The normal dosage is about 100 g which can be taken twice in a day.
- For the first time, the drug is recommended as double dosage.
- For gout, the dosage is about 750mg for the first time and then it is reduced to 250 mg which can be taken 3 times a day for about three days.
Also read about other medicine Dosage: Ebast Dosage
Precautions – When to Avoid Dolokind?
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Dolokind along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
Side-Effects of Dolokind
Some common side effects of Dolokind are:
- Upset stomach
- Heart burn
- Ringing in the ear
- Dark urine
- Skin or eyes yellowing
Allergic Reactions Reported
Allergic reactions such as rashes, itching, swelling, trouble breathing have been reported with Dolokind.
Effects of Dolokind on Organs
These NSAI drugs have the capacity to elevate liver enzymes and induce liver disease. It may result in hepatic damage.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Dolokind are Lisinopril which reduces the effect of Lisinopril on the blood sugar level and also causes kidney failure. The other medications which should be avoided while taking Dolokind are Alvin, Aspirin, Cymbalta, etc.
Effects/Results after Consuming Dolokind
Dolokind will show its effect within 1 to 2 weeks but you should follow this medication for 4 to 5 months for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Dolokind
Dolokind can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Dolokind
- Dolokind should be taken in prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Dolokind as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking this drug.
FAQs – Things to Know About Dolokind
Is Dolokind addictive?
Can I have Dolokind with alcohol?
No. Having Dolokind with alcohol will increase stomach bleeding.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are recommended by your doctor along with green leafy vegetables, grapefruits, etc.
Can I have Dolokind when pregnant?
You can take advice from your doctor though it is not much recommended during pregnancy.
Can I have Dolokind when feeding a baby?
Taking Dolokind while breastfeeding can cause negative effects on infants
Can I drive after taking Dolokind?
No. You may feel drowsy or dizzy after taking Dolokind.
What happens if I overdose on Dolokind?
It would cause dizziness, drowsiness and stomach pain.
What happens if I eat expired Dolokind?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Dolokind?
If you miss a dose of Dolokind take it as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back to your regular dosage.
When was Dolokind made?
Dolokind was made in the 1990’s.
Also read about other medicine's: Deviry | Diamicron | Diclogesic