What is Dolonex DT?
It is a medicine which is used to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis). Abdominal pain and indigestion are the most commonly seen side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of liver, kidney impairment and gastric ulcers.
Dolonex DT Composition: Piroxicam 20mg
Manufactured By: Pfizer Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but also available as OTC
Form: Tablet, injections, capsules and gel.
Price: Rs. 159.03 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic+ Antipyretic.
Uses of Dolonex DT
Dolonex DT is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain caused by sciatica and arthritis.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis to treat symptoms like pain and stiffness.
- Frozen Shoulder: Used to treat pain in cases of frozen shoulder
- Menstrual Pain: Used to treat and manage pain during periods (menstruation pain) and provides relief in menstrual cramps.
- Dental Pain: Used to treat tooth pain caused by infection and decay of tooth.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis and provides relief in joint pain and stiff muscles.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fever: Used in cases of mild to moderate fever as it contains Paracetamol.
- Headache: Also used to treat mild to moderate headache.
- Post Surgical pain: Used to manage the post operative or post surgical pain.
- Others: Used to treat mild cases of fever due to its antipyretic property.
Also Read: Dexorange Uses
How does Dolonex DT work?
- Dolonex DT contains Piroxicam as its main active ingredient.
- Piroxicam is a Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms like pain, fever and swelling.
How to take Dolonex DT?
- Dolonex DT is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Dolonex DT Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after meals as food helps to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Dolonex DT Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Dolonex DT Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses, if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosagefor Dolonex DT
- Dolonex DT dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Dolonex DT Tablet is a single tablet once or twice a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children below 12 years of age without pediatric consultation.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
On this page:
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Dolonex DT?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Dolonex DT?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Dolonex DT?
- Q. Onset time of Dolonex DT?
- Q. Till when does the effect of Dolonex DT stays?
- Warnings When Taking Dolonex DT
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Dolonex DT?
- 1. Food Interactions with Dolonex DT
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Dolonex DT
- 3. Effects of Dolonex DT on Lab Tests
- 4. Dolonex DT’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Dolonex DT with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Dolonex DT when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Dolonex DT when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Dolonex DT?
- Storage requirements for Dolonex DT
- Q. What is Dolonex DT?
- Q.How effective it is/ How long does it take for Dolonex DT to show results?
- Q. Should Dolonex DT be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Dolonex DT make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Dolonex DT doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Dolonex DT effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Dolonex DT safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Dolonex DT?
- Q. Is Dolonex DT legal in India?
Q. What happens if I overdose on Dolonex DT?
Overdose of Dolonex DT can cause undesirable effects and can also lead to complications in a few cases. Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Dolonex DT?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Dolonex DT?
Consuming expired Dolonex DT tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Dolonex DT?
The effect of Dolonex DT can be seen within 30 minutes to 1 hour of oral administration of the drug.
Q. Till when does the effect of Dolonex DT stays?
Duration of drug effect is 48 hours, time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Disodium Hydrogen Citrate Dosage
When to Avoid Dolonex DT?
Do not Consume Dolonex DT if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Dolonex DT or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Bleeding disorders: In cases of patients with bleeding disorders.
- Asthma: In cases of patients with Asthma.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
Precautions While Taking Dolonex DT:
- Elderly patients: Dolonex DT or any other NSAID should be used with caution in elderly patients as they are at high risk of serious side effects and fatalities.
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Dolonex DT should be used with extra caution in patients with history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Dolonex DT
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Consume plenty of fluids to counteract the potential undesirable effects of the drug.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Do not take two different kinds of pain killer concomitantly.
Side-Effects of Dolonex DT:
The side effects associated with Dolonex DT are:
- Abdominal pain (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Constipation (common)
- Itching (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Swelling of feet (less common)
- Blurred vision (less common)
- Photo sensitivity (rare)
- Swelling in the legs (less common)
- Redness on hands and other parts of the body (less common)
- Flatulence (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Dizziness (less common)
- Restlessness (less common)
- Change in appetite (less common)
- Abnormal kidney function (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Dolonex DT?
- Dolonex DT is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat and loss of consciousness.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Dolonex DT on organs?
- Dolonex DT should used with caution in patients with kidney impairment as Dolonex DT can affect the kidneys if consumed for longer period of time.
- It can cause stomach bleeding in patients with gastric ulcer.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Dolonex DT. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Dolonex DT. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Dolonex DT
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Dolonex DT
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Prednisolone (mild)
- Lithium (moderate)
- Furosemide (mild)
- Cidofovir (mild)
- Captopril (mild)
- Lasartan (moderate)
- Lisinopril (mild)
- Valsartan (moderate)
3. Effects of Dolonex DT on Lab Tests
Dolonex DT can affect kidney function test as it is known to affect the kidney function.
4. Dolonex DT’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Dolonex DT with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Dolonex DT therapy as it can increase the chances of liver disorder. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Dolonex DT.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Dolonex DT when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy as it is known to cross placental barrier and harm the foetus. Always inform the doctor before taking Dolonex DT in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Dolonex DT when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Dolonex DT tablet to Lactating mothers as it can be secreted in human milk and can harm the baby. Always inform the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Dolonex DT?
Dolonex DT tablet can cause dizziness in few patients. Hence, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Buyer’s Guide, Dolonex DT Composition, Variant and Price
|Dolonex 1ml Injection||Piroxicam 20mg/ml||Rs. 23.95 for 1 pack|
|Dolonex 40mg/2ml Injection||Piroxicam 20mg/ml||Rs. 43.92 for 1 pack|
|Dolonex Rapid 20mg Tablet||Piroxicam 20mg||Rs. 123.78 for 10 tablets|
|Dolonex 20mg Capsule||Piroxicam 20mg||Rs. 85.08 for 10 capsules|
|Dolonex 15gm Gel||Piroxicam 5mg||Rs. 79.75 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount from: Pharmeasy
Substitutes of Dolonex DT
The following are alternative drugs for Dolonex DT:
- Pirox 20mg Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Cipla
- Price – Rs. 41.25
- Mobicam DT Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Cipla
- Price – Rs. 37.5
- Pirox DT Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Cipla
- Price – Rs. 69
- Feldex 20mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 109
Also check: Medlife Offer Code
Storage requirements for Dolonex DT
- Store the Dolonex DT tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Dolonex DT
Q. What is Dolonex DT?
Ans. Dolonex DT is a drug that contains Piroxicam as its main active ingredient.
Dolonex DT is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q.How effective it is/ How long does it take for Dolonex DT to show results?
Ans. The effect of Dolonex DT can be seen within 30 minutes to 1 hour of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Dolonex DT be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Dolonex DT should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Dolonex DT make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Dolonex DT may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Dolonex DT doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Dolonex DT should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Dolonex DT.
Q. Does Dolonex DT effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Dolonex DT safe for children?
Ans. Dolonex DT should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Dolonex DT?
Ans. Any liver disorder, bleeding disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Dolonex DT.
Q. Is Dolonex DT legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Also check: 1mg coupons