Dolopar Composition – Caffeine (25mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen (500mg)
Manufactured By – Micro Labs Ltd
Prescription – Prescription not Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 42
Quantity – 15 tablets in 1 strip
What is Dolopar?
Dolopar contains Paracetamol as its chief ingredient.
Buy & Enjoy 20% OFF: Pharmeasy Coupon Code | Myra Medicines Coupon Code
Uses of Dolopar
- It is prescribed for patients suffering from fever, tooth pain, gynaecological pain, osteoarthritis and headache.
- It is one of the best drugs to be used for fever, especially in children.
Also Read: Ifosfamide Uses | Gamma Benzene Hexachloride Uses
How Does Dolopar work?
- DOLOPAR works by inhibiting the effects of cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzymes.
- These enzymes are naturally present in our body and they aid in production of certain chemicals (known as prostaglandins) which are responsible for causing pain, swelling and redness at the site of injury.
- Therefore, with inhibition of effects of COX enzymes; prostaglandin production is inhibited which in turn eases pain, and increases the blood flow across the skin, heat loss and sweating.
Also Read: Gamma Benzene Hexachloride Composition
Price of Dolopar In India
|Dolopar Tablet Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs. 42.00|
|250mg 60ml bottle of Oral suspension||Rs. 38.30|
|125mg 60ml Bottle of Oral suspension||Rs. 21.50|
|Dolopar Gel 30gm tube of Gel||Rs. 89.00|
|Dolopar Drops 15ml packet of Oral Suspension||Rs. 33.50|
|Dolopar Ointment 30gm tube of Ointment||Rs. 76.18|
Also Read: Farxiga Price
How to Take Dolopar?
- Dolopar usually comes in the form of tablets and suspension forms.
- Tablets are usually taken by mouth with a glass of water as directed by your doctor. The tablets are to be taken with food or after food, but never on an empty stomach.
- Never crush or chew the tablet.
- Always shake the suspension liquid before consuming to mix the medication evenly. Use a measuring cup to consume the correct dosage of medicine.
Common Dosage For Dolopar
- The drug dosage and form is decided by the physician based upon:
- age and body weight of the patient
- health status/medical condition of the patient
- disease severity
- reaction to the first dose
- history of allergy/drug reactions
- The commonly available combination for tablets is – Paracetamol 500mg, 625mg. For syrup – Paracetamol 120mg in each 5ml.
Also Read: Harvoni Dosage
Precautions – When To Avoid Dolopar?
- Use of Dolopar should be avoided in premature infants (< 2 kg) for fear of liver toxicity.
- Use of Dolopar should be avoided if you are allergic to DOLOPAR or any other constituent present in DOLOPAR tablet
- Use of Dolopar should be avoided if you are suffering from a liver or kidney disease.
- Use of Dolopar should be avoided if you had taken DOLOPAR before and suffered from an attack of asthma, irritation of nose, swelling on face, itchy red bumps on skin or bleeding in stomach
- Use of Dolopar should be avoided if you have heart disease / heart failure / stroke
- Use of Dolopar should be avoided if you are an alcoholic
Also Read: Farxiga Precaution | Gleevec Precaution
Side-Effects of Dolopar?
- When appropriate dosage of Dolopar (containing paracetamol) is used, (maximum dose of 4 g/24 h) – no serious side effects have been observed, besides possible allergic skin reactions, although after higher doses or prolonged duration of taking the drug, some side effects may occur, especially in the liver.
- Long-term application may cause: kidney functioning disorder, higher blood pressure, increased prevalence of heart infarction, liver toxicity, jaundice, and enhanced previous liver damage caused by alcohol consumption.
Effects of Dolopar on organs?
- Dolopar should be taken only after consultation with your doctor if you suffer from a liver, heart or kidney disease.
- Suitable adjustment of dose and monitoring of liver and kidney functions is mandatory in such cases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Possible allergic reactions reported are
- difficulty in breathing,
- rashes and itching on skin,
- painful, tender wounds on lips and mouth.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use.
- No severe drug interactions with therapeutic doses of Dolopar have been established in humans.
- You must inform your physician if you are using Warfarin (blood thinner) or Ketoconazole (anti-fungal medicine).
- You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
Shows Effects / Results After Consuming Dolopar:
- DOLOPAR shows its peak effect or result in about 1 hour after oral administration.
- You must wait for at least 4 hours before taking the next dose.
Storage Requirements about Dolopar
Store below 25°C and away from direct light and heat.
Pro Tips When Taking Dolopar
- Always inform your doctor if you are allergic to Dolopar or paracetamol, or any other ingredients in DOLOPAR tablets.
- Gastric irritation is insignificant—mucosal erosion and bleeding occur rarely only in overdose. It does not affect platelet function or clotting factors.
- Always keep a minimum 4 hours time between 2 doses.
FAQs – Things to Know About Dolopar
Is Dolopar Addictive?
Can I have Dolopar with alcohol?
No. There is greater risk of liver damage in chronic alcoholics.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Dolopar When Pregnant?
- Although Paracetamol is considered to be safe in pregnancy but you must always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Paracetamol used by the mother during pregnancy is associated with an increased risk of childhood asthma.
Can I have Dolopar when feeding a baby?
- You must always inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding your child.
- Paracetamol present in Dolopar is known to pass in the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Dolopar?
You should avoid driving if you feel dizzy, drowsy or sleepy after taking DOLOPAR Tablets.
What happens if I overdose on Dolopar?
- If you have taken an over-dose, it is advisable to contact your consulting physician immediately.
- An overdose of Paracetamol can cause potentially life-threatening liver damage, which is the most serious side effect.
- Early symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, profuse sweating, and general tiredness.
- Kidney damage, decreased platelet count and coma may also occur.
What happens if I eat expired Dolopar?
- It is very unlikely for a single dose of expired DOLOPAR to produce an adverse event.
- However, please consult your physician if you feel unwell or sick after consuming an expired medicine.
- An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using an expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Dolopar?
- The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.