Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Doxt SL?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Doxt SL?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Doxt SL?
- Q. Onset time of Doxt SL and till when does the effect of Doxt SL stays?
- Warnings When Taking Doxt SL
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Doxt SL?
- What are the effects of Doxt SL on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Doxt SL
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Doxt SL
- 3. Effects of Doxt SL on Lab Tests
- 4. Doxt’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Doxt SL with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Doxt SL when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Doxt SL when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Doxt SL?
- Storage requirements for Doxt SL
- Q. What is Doxt SL?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Doxt SL to show results?
- Q. Should Doxt SL be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Doxt SL make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Doxt SL doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Doxt SL effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Doxt SL safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Doxt SL?
- Q. Is Doxt SL legal in India?
1What is Doxt SL?
Used mainly to prevent or treat bacterial infections like sinusitis, respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pharyngitis) and urinary tract infections. Liver toxicity and photosensitivity are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney diseases and patients suffering from myasthenia gravis.
Doxt SL Composition: Doxycycline 100mg + Lactobacillus 5 billion spores.
Manufactured By: Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 83 for 10 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic.