Table of Contents
- 1 What is Doxt SL?
- 2 Uses of Doxt SL
- 3 How does Doxt SL work?
- 4 How to take Doxt SL?
- 5 Common Dosage for Doxt SL
- 6 When to Avoid Doxt SL?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Doxt SL
- 8 Side-Effects of Doxt SL
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Doxt SL
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Doxt SL
- 9.3 3. Effects of Doxt SL on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Doxt’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Doxt SL with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Doxt SL when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Doxt SL when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Doxt SL?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Doxt SL Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Doxt SL
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Doxt SL
- 12.1 Q. What is Doxt SL?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Doxt SL to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Doxt SL be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Doxt SL make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Doxt SL doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Doxt SL effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Doxt SL safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Doxt SL?
- 12.10 Q. Is Doxt SL legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Doxt SL?
Used mainly to prevent or treat bacterial infections like sinusitis, respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pharyngitis) and urinary tract infections. Liver toxicity and photosensitivity are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney diseases and patients suffering from myasthenia gravis.
Doxt SL Composition: Doxycycline 100mg + Lactobacillus 5 billion spores.
Manufactured By: Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 83 for 10 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic.