Table of Contents
- 1 What is Doxt SL?
- 2 Uses of Doxt SL
- 3 How does Doxt SL work?
- 4 How to take Doxt SL?
- 5 Common Dosage for Doxt SL
- 6 When to Avoid Doxt SL?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Doxt SL
- 8 Side-Effects of Doxt SL
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Doxt SL Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Doxt SL
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Doxt SL
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Doxt SL?
Used mainly to prevent or treat bacterial infections like sinusitis, respiratory tract infections (bronchitis, pharyngitis) and urinary tract infections. Liver toxicity and photosensitivity are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney diseases and patients suffering from myasthenia gravis.
Doxt SL Composition: Doxycycline 100mg + Lactobacillus 5 billion spores.
Manufactured By: Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 83 for 10 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antibiotic.