Table of Contents
What is Dudhi?
- Dudhi, bottle gourd or lauki is commonly used in households as a vegetable
- It is cultivated in Sri Lanka, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, China, tropical Africa and South America, which have a humid climate
- Consumption of Dudhi has a wide range of health benefits
Benefits and Uses of Dudhi
- It has a rich fiber content. Thus, it helps in digestion and treating constipation.
- The vitamin and mineral content keeps the body well-nourished and curbs appetite. Thus, promoting weight loss.
- It has minimal fat and cholesterol content.
- It is rich in iron, vitamin B, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
- It is suggested by Ayurvedic physicians to treat liver related dysfunctions.
- It prevents fatigue
Also Read - Brahma Rasayana Uses | Baidyanath Vita Ex Gold Benefits
How to Consume Dudhi
- The most effective way to consume Dudhi is by extracting its juice.
- Dudhi itself is 96% water, so owing to its various other benefits, it is widely popular among health enthusiasts.
- It can also be consumed as a vegetable by boiling it and adding bare minimum spices to retain its health benefits.
Also Read - Boswellia Dosage
Side effects of Dudhi
- Be wary of bitter tasting Dudhi
- Avoid consumption of vegetable if it tastes bitter
- In case of vomiting, diarrhea or any discomfort post consumption, immediately seek medical care
Also Read - Boswellia Side Effects