Skip to Content
- What is Duloxetine?
- Uses of Duloxetine
- How Does Duloxetine Work?
- How to Take Duloxetine?
- Duloxetine Price in India
- Common Dosage for Duloxetine
- Precautions – When to Avoid Duloxetine?
- Side-Effects of Duloxetine
- Effects of Duloxetine on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Duloxetine
- Storage Requirements about Duloxetine
- Pro Tips When Taking Duloxetine
- FAQs – Things to Know About Duloxetine
- Is Duloxetine addictive?
- Can I have Duloxetine with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Duloxetine when pregnant?
- Can I have Duloxetine when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Duloxetine?
- What happens if I overdose on Duloxetine?
- What happens if I eat expired Duloxetine?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Duloxetine?
- When Was Duloxetine Made?
What is Duloxetine?
Duloxetine is sold under the brand name Cymbalta. It is a toupee derivative and belongs to the class of heterocyclic depressants. Duloxetine is used to as a common medication for disorders such as depressive disorder and anxiety disorder.
Manufactured By – Primus Remedies Pvt Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy Promo Code | Practo Online
Uses of Duloxetine
- Duloxetine is used to treat fibromyalgia and neuropathic pain which is a nerve pain.
- It is also used to treat the musculoskeletal pain.
- Duloxetine is used for diabetic people who are suffering from arthritis and chronic back pain.
Also Read: Adderall Uses | Diltiazem Uses | Diphenhydramine Uses
How Does Duloxetine Work?
Duloxetine triggers the effect of serotonin and norepinephrine, by blocking its re-entry to the cells. In turn, it increases the level of substances which relieve pain from fibromyalgia.
How to Take Duloxetine?
Take Duloxetine as recommended by your doctor. This drug should be taken in an amount which is prescribed. The dosage may gradually increase or decrease according to the condition.
Duloxetine Price in India
|Duloxetine (A strip)||Rupees 51.00|
Also Read: Hydrochlorothiazide Price | Hydroxychloroquine Price
Common Dosage for Duloxetine
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- For depression- 20 mg per day, which may gradually increase to up to 120 mg per day if advised by a physician.
- Fibromyalgia-30 mg per day which may increase to up to 60 mg per day for one week.
- Anxiety- 60 mg per day and may increase to up to 120 mg per day.
- Pain- Such as neuropathic and musculoskeletal pain it would be from 30 mg to 60 mg per day.
Precautions – When to Avoid Duloxetine?
While taking the Duloxetine you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Duloxetine along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Duloxetine.
Side-Effects of Duloxetine
Some of the common side effects of Duloxetine are:
- Dark urine
- Dry mouth
- Allergies like rashes or irritation
- Loss of appetite
Also Read: Estradiol Side Effect | Folic Acid Side Effect
Effects of Duloxetine on Organs
Patients who have liver problems will have more damaging effects on the liver while consuming Duloxetine. Sometimes, it may cause Urinary tract infections too.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Duloxetine are:
- trazadone, etc.,
- The drugs which may show moderate effect are oxycodone,
- Neurontin, etc.,
Effects/Results after Consuming Duloxetine
Duloxetine will show its effect within 1 to 2 weeks but you should follow this medication for 4 to 5 months for full recovery.
Storage Requirements about Duloxetine
Duloxetine can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Duloxetine
- Duloxetine should be taken in the prescribed dosage and one must only increase the dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Duloxetine as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Duloxetine.
FAQs – Things to Know About Duloxetine
Is Duloxetine addictive?
No. But it can cause adverse effects when it is abruptly stopped.
Can I have Duloxetine with alcohol?
No. Having Duloxetine with alcohol will cause liver damage and depression.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items which are recommended by your doctor.
Can I have Duloxetine when pregnant?
No. Duloxetine is not recommended during pregnancy as it causes neonatal withdrawal in the baby. Although you can take advice from your doctor.
Can I have Duloxetine when feeding a baby?
Taking Duloxetine while breastfeeding can cause difficulty in breathing and sleeping as it is an anti-depressant.
Can I drive after taking Duloxetine?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Duloxetine?
It would cause hypo or hypertension, vomiting, sleepiness and even coma.
What happens if I eat expired Duloxetine?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Duloxetine?
If you miss a dose of Duloxetine, take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Duloxetine Made?
Duloxetine was made in the year 1986 by Eli Lily.