Table of Contents
- 1 What is Duolin?
- 2 Uses of Duolin
- 3 How does Duolin work?
- 4 Duolin Price In India
- 5 How to take Duolin?
- 6 Common dosage of Duolin
- 7 When to avoid Duolin & Precautions to take?
- 8 Side Effects of Duolin
- 9 Effect on organs?
- 10 Reported allergic reactions?
- 11 Drug interactions to be careful about?
- 12 Shows effects
- 13 Storage Requirements for Duolin
- 14 Pro Tips when taking Duolin
- 15 FAQs – Things to Know About Duolin
- 16 Is Duolin addictive?
- 17 Can I have Duolin with alcohol?
- 18 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 19 Can I have Duolin when pregnant?
- 20 Can I have Duolin when feeding a baby?
- 21 Can I drive after taking Duolin?
- 22 What happens if I overdose on Duolin?
- 23 What happens if I eat expired Duolin?
- 24 What happens if I miss a dose of Duolin?
Duolin Composition – Ipratropium bromide 500 MCG+Levosalbutamol 1.25 MG /ML
Manufactured By – Cipla
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Inhaler
Price – Rs 12.65
Quantity – 200 MDI in 1 packet
What is Duolin?
- Duolin contains two active ingredients namely, Ipratropium bromide and Salbutamol.
- Duolin is a short acting adrenergic receptor antagonist used in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma.
- It is also used for constriction of airways, lungs inflammation and other related conditions.
Buy & Get Up to 30% OFF: 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Uses of Duolin
Duolin is prescribed for:
- Treatment of reversible bronchospasm associated with obstructive airway disease
- Respiratory disease
- Nasal cavity blockage
- Lung disorder
- Inflammation of mucous membrane
Also Read: Dextrose Uses
How does Duolin work?
- Duolin works by relaxing smooth muscles in the bronchial tubes.
- This opens air passages to the lungs, thus helping in shortening or reversing an acute attack of shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing.
Also Read: Dynapar Composition | Eptoin Composition
Duolin Price In India
|1.25mg/500mcg Respules 2.5ml||Rs. 58.20|
|1.25mg/500mcg Respules 3ml||Rs. 77.50|
Also Read: Duphalac Price
How to take Duolin?
- Prepare the nebuliser according to the instructions.
- Open one duolin respule by twisting the top and squeeze the contents into the nebuliser reservoir then assemble the nebuliser and use.
- Discard any solution left in the nebuliser, as well as any partly used.
Common dosage of Duolin
For adults including elderly, one respule per day. In severe cases, three or four times a day.
Also Read: Dettol Dosage | Dexona Dosage
When to avoid Duolin & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Duolin if you are allergic to atropine or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- It is contraindicated in patients with hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy and tachyarrhythmia.
- This medicine should be used with caution in patients with urinary retention, bladder neck obstruction and prostatic hypertrophy and glaucoma (narrow-angle).
Side Effects of Duolin
- Hypersensitivity reaction
- Stomach pain
- Racing heartbeat
- Tremors in hand
Effect on organs?
- Ear, nose and throat reactions- Dysphonia.
- Cardiovascular system reactions- Palpitations, tachycardia, arrhythmias, increases in blood pressure.
- Respiratory system reactions- Bronchospasm.
- Gastrointestinal system reactions- Dry mouth.
- Musculoskeletal system reactions- Skeletal muscle tremor.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Concurrent use of other anticholinergics may potentiate the effects of ipratropium bromide or vice versa.
- Use of beta-blockers with duolin may result in mutual inhibition of therapeutic effects.
- Diuretics, digitalis glycosides, methylxanthines and corticosteroids may increase the hypokalemic effect of this medicine and lead to an increased disposition to arrhythmias in patients treated with digitalis glycosides.
- Inhalation of enflurane, halothane and trichloroethylene may increase the susceptibility to the cardiovascular side effect of this medicine.
After inhalation, effect usually develop over 30 to 90 minutes, lasting for four to six hours.
Storage Requirements for Duolin
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store at temperature below 25°C.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Duolin
- Duolin is not recommended for use in children below 12 years of age.
- Keep this medicine away from flame or source of heat.
FAQs – Things to Know About Duolin
Is Duolin addictive?
Can I have Duolin with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Duolin when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Duolin when feeding a baby?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Duolin?
What happens if I overdose on Duolin?
Overdose of duolin may cause tachycardia, hypertension, hypotension, palpitations, tremor, widening of the pulse pressure, arrhythmia and flushing.
What happens if I eat expired Duolin?
Expired duolin may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Duolin?
If you miss a dose of Duolin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.