Skip to Content
- What is Dysmen?
- Uses of Dysmen
- How does Dysmen work?
- How to take Dysmen?
- Price of Dysmen In India:
- Common dosage of Dysmen
- When to avoid Dysmen & Precautions to take?
- Side Effects of Dysmen
- Effect on organs?
- Reported allergic reactions?
- Drug interactions to be careful about?
- Shows effects
- Storage Requirements for Dysmen
- Pro Tips when taking Dysmen
- Is Dysmen addictive?
- Can I have Dysmen with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Dysmen when pregnant?
- Can I have Dysmen when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Dysmen?
- What happens if I overdose on Dysmen?
- What happens if I eat expired Dysmen?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Dysmen?
What is Dysmen?
- Dysmen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), used for dysmenorrhea and other pain.
- It is a combination drug, including dicyclomine and mefenamic acid.
- This drug helps in decreasing inflammation and uterine contractions.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy | Myra Medicines
Uses of Dysmen
Dysmen is prescribed for:
- Menstrual pain
- Colicky pain associated with biliary, intestinal and ureteric colic.
How does Dysmen work?
- One of the constituent of Dysmen is an anticholinergic which works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and gut. It stops sudden muscle contractions, thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort.
- Another constituent is a NSAID which works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause abdominal pain and inflammation.
How to take Dysmen?
- Dysmen is administered orally in the form of tablet or capsule.
- Swallow the tablet as a whole and not chew or crush it.
- Dysmen can be taken with food to help avoid stomach upset.
Price of Dysmen In India:
|Dysmen, Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 39.90|
|Dysmen 10mg/250 mg, Vial of 10ml Injection||Rs. 12.03|
Common dosage of Dysmen
The recommended dose of Dysmen is 500 mg as an initial dose which can be followed by 250 mg every 6 hours, if needed.
Also Read: Kidpred Dosage | Gefitinib Dosage
When to avoid Dysmen & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Dysmen if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- This drug is contraindicated in patients who have experienced asthma after taking aspirin or other NSAIDs.
- Dysmen is not recommended for use in patient with peri-operative pain, ulcer or kidney disease.
- Caution is advised in patients with history of high blood pressure, blood disorders, bleeding or clotting problems, heart disease, dehydration, elderly, and children.
- This medicine may cause dizziness or drowsiness, do not drive a vehicle or perform any activity that may require mental alertness.
- Prolonged use of this drug may develop stomach ulcer or bleeding.
Side Effects of Dysmen
- Dryness in mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
Effect on organs?
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, indigestion, flatulence, perforation, peptic ulcers, heartburn, nausea, mouth ulcer, vomiting, anemia, elevated liver enzymes, and blood vomiting.
- Cardiovascular reactions- Heart failure, high blood pressure, fast heart rate and fainting.
- Hepatic reactions- Liver inflammation and jaundice.
- Hematological reactions- Eosinophilia, decrease in white blood cells, bruising, blood in stool and rectal bleeding.
- Metabolic reactions- Weight changes.
- Central nervous system reactions- Anxiety, weakness, confusion, depression, dream abnormalities, drowsiness, dizziness, sleeplessness, uneasiness, headache, nervousness, tingling and tremors.
- Respiratory reactions- Asthma and difficulty in breathing.
- Dermatological reactions- Hair loss, sensitivity to light, itching and increased sweating.
- Genitourinary reactions- Bladder inflammation, painful urination, blood in urine and kidney failure.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Concomitant use of following drugs is not recommended:
- Antidiabetic medications
Dysmen blocks chemicals that cause pain and lowers fever by changing the body’s thermostat in the brain.
Storage Requirements for Dysmen
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store it at room temperature between 20- 25°C.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Dysmen
- Dysmen is used to provide relief from short-term abdominal pain, cramps and spasms.
- Take this drug with food to avoid irritation in stomach.
Is Dysmen addictive?
Can I have Dysmen with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Dysmen when pregnant?
Yes; only if benefit outweigh the risks.
Can I have Dysmen when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Dysmen?
What happens if I overdose on Dysmen?
Overdose of Dysmen may cause muscular weakness, confusion, pain or headache.
What happens if I eat expired Dysmen?
Expired Dysmen may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Dysmen?
If you miss a dose of Dysmen, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.