Table of Contents
- What is Dytor Plus?
- Uses of Dytor Plus
- How does Dytor Plus work?
- How to take Dytor Plus?
- Common Dosage for Dytor Plus
- When to Avoid Dytor Plus?
- Precautions While Taking Dytor Plus:
- Side-Effects of Dytor Plus
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Dytor Plus Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Dytor Plus
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Dytor Plus
- Authored by –
1What is Dytor Plus?
Used mainly for treatment of fluid retention and decreased potassium levels in cases of kidney or liver diseases. Leg cramps and appetite changes are the common side effects seen at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of Anuria (no urine output), and in patients with Hyperkalaemia (increased potassium levels) and Addison’s disease.
Also Read in Hindi: About Dytor Plus
Dytor Plus Composition: Torsemide 10mg + Spironolactone 50mg
Manufactured By: Cipla Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’ but it is also available as OTC
Form: Tablets and Injections
Price: Rs 67.10 (15 tablets)
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Diuretic
2Uses of Dytor Plus
Dytor Plus is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Fluid retention: Used to treat fluid retention in cases of patients with kidney or liver diseases.
- High Blood Pressure: Used to treat the high blood pressure caused due to excess retention of sodium inside the body.
- Heart failure: Used in cases of heart failure.
- Decreased Potassium levels: Dytor plus is also used to maintain the potassium levels inside the body.
- Increased Aldosterone levels: Used to maintain the Aldosterone levels inside the body.
- Lung inflammation: Used to treat the swelling or inflammation of the lungs.
3 How does Dytor Plus work?
- Dytor Plus is composed of Torsemide and Spironolactone as its main active ingredient.
- Torsemide inhibits the sodium, potassium, and chloride ion carrier system.
- Torsemide increases the urinary excretion of sodium, chloride, and water and maintains the potassium level inside the body.
- Spironolactone also helps in treating fluid build up due to heart failure, liver and kidney diseases and also treats hypertension.
- Thus, Dytor Plus helps in treating fluid retention, edema, and hypertension.
Also read about other medicine's: Domstal | Domperidone
4 How to take Dytor Plus?
- Dytor Plus is usually available in tablet and syrup form.
- Tablets are usually administered orally (Via mouth) with a glass of water as instructed by the doctor. It should be taken with food or after food, and not with an empty stomach as it can affect the stomach.
- The tablet should never be crushed or chewed.
- The tablet should be consumed at the around same time every day to avoid chances of missing the dose or overdosage.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding about the drug.
5 Common Dosage for Dytor Plus
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history and health status of the patient.
- The common dose of Dytor Plus is decided as per the severity of the symptoms and at least a gap of 4-6 hours should be there between the two doses.
- Usually, a single tablet of 10mg is advised once a day unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Dytor Plus?
The overdose of Dytor Plus can increase the chances of side effects like dehydration, hypotension, and hypokalemia. The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Dytor Plus overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Dytor Plus?
Dytor Plus may not exhibit the desired effects as a certain amount of drug should always be present in the systemic circulation of the body to exhibit beneficial effects. The missed dose of Dytor Plus should be consumed as soon as you remember it. But, it is not advisable to consume the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Dytor Plus?
A single dose of expired Dytor Plus is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Dytor Plus and till when does the effect of Dytor Plus stay?
Dytor Plus shows its effect within 1 hour of oral administration.
- Dytor Plus tablet reaches its peak effect or maximum action within about 1-2 hours of oral administration.
- The average duration of action is 6-8 hours.
- It is advised to keep 4-6 hours interval between two doses of Dytor Plus.
Also read about other medicine's Dosage: Doxinate Dosage | Dulcoflex Dosage
6 When to Avoid Dytor Plus?
Do not Consume Dytor Plus Tablets:
- Allergy: In known cases of the history of allergy to Dytor Plus or any of its constituents.
- Arrhythmias: In known cases of cardiac arrhythmias.
- Anuria: In cases of Anuria (no urine output).
- Low BP: In cases of low blood pressure as Dytor Plus further reduces the blood pressure.
- Hyperkalaemia: In cases of increased potassium levels as the drug further increases the potassium levels in the body.
- Hepatic Coma: In cases of hepatic coma, it should be avoided.
- Addison’s Disease: In cases of Addison’s disease.
7Precautions While Taking Dytor Plus:
- Empty Stomach: Do not consume Dytor Plus empty stomach especially in cases of gastric diseases as it can worsen the condition of the stomach and can cause acid reflux.
- Allergic Reaction: Any allergic reaction after taking Dytor Plus should be immediately reported to the doctor.
- Avoid Overdosage: Drug overdose should be avoided as it can lead to toxicity.
- Time Interval: A gap of 6-8 hours should be maintained between the two doses to avoid increased levels of the drug in the blood as it can lead to toxicity.
Warnings When Taking Dytor Plus
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose may lead to toxicity or other undesirable effects.
- Dytor Plus is not advisable in patients with low BP.
- Dytor Plus should preferably be consumed after meals for better drug absorption.
Also read about other mdicine's Precautions: Duphaston Precautions
8 Side-Effects of Dytor Plus
The side effects associated with Dytor Plus Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Gynaecomastia (enlarged male breasts) (less common)
- Nausea (common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Dehydration and dry mouth (common)
- The liver problem (less common)
- Constipation (common)
- Appetite changes (common)
- Decreased blood pressure(common)
- Leg cramps (common)
- Hair loss (less common)
- Acute renal failure (less common)
- Decreased sodium, magnesium and calcium levels and increased uric acid levels in the blood. (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Dytor Plus?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Dytor Plus tablets are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Redness and itching on the skin (less common)
What are the effects of Dytor Plus tablets on organs?
The dose of Dytor Plus is modified and adjusted depending on the condition of the patient with liver or kidney diseases.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Dytor Plus. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Dytor Plus. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Dytor Plus
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Dytor Plus
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician ab of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Cisplatin (mild)
- Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs like Aspirin (moderate)
- Anti-diabetic medications (moderate)
- Carbenoxolone (mild)
- Antibiotics like Cephalosporins (mild)
- Cholestyramine (mild)
- Corticosteroids (moderate)
- Digoxin (mild)
- Indomethacin (moderate)
- Lithium (moderate)
3. Effects of Dytor Plus on Lab Tests
Dytor Plus leads to decreased sodium, magnesium and calcium levels and increased uric acid levels.
4. Dytor’s Plus interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any allergy, Addison’s disease and low blood pressure should be taken into consideration.
Q. Can I have Dytor Plus with alcohol?
No. There is an increased risk of inducing low BP and drowsiness with alcohol so, alcohol should be avoided. The consulting physician should be informed if you’re consuming alcohol.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Dytor Plus.
Q. Can I have Dytor Plus when pregnant?
No, Dytor Plus is not recommended for pregnant women as animal studies have shown adverse effects on foetus. Hence, the doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Dytor Plus when feeding a baby?
No, Dytor Plus is not recommended for lactating mother. The doctor should always be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Dytor Plus?
It can cause drowsiness/dizziness. Therefore, one should avoid driving in such cases.
Also Read: ECONORM Side Effect | Drotaverine Side Effect | Doxt SL Side Effect
10 Buyer’s Guide – Dytor Plus Composition, Variant and Price
|Dytor Plus Variants||Dytor Plus Composition||Dytor Plus Price|
|Dytor 10mg Tablet||Torsemide 10mg||Rs. 63.80 for 15 tablets|
|Dytor 2ml Injection||Torsemide 10mg/ml||Rs. 16.50 for 1 injection|
|Dytor Plus 20mg tablet||Torsemide 10mg + Spironolactone 50mg||Rs. 87.45 for 15 tablets|
|Dytor Plus LS Tablet||Torsemide 10mg + Spironolactone 25mg||Rs. 31.35 for 10 tablets|
|Dytor 5mg Tablet||Torsemide 5mg||Rs. 44.55 for 15 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Myra Medicines | Netmeds Medicines
11Substitutes of Dytor Plus
The following are alternative drugs for Dytor Plus:
- Dyloop Plus 10mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Sinsan
- Price – Rs. 35.64
- Torkid Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Econ healthcare.
- Price – Rs. 56.99
- Tor Plus 10mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 50
- Torget plus 10mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Zydus Healthcare Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 85.9
Storage requirements for Dytor Plus Tablets
- Dytor Plus Tablet should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place at a temperature below 25o C
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Dytor Plus
Q. What is Dytor Plus?
Ans. Dytor Plus is a combination of Torsemide and Spironolactone and is used to treat and manage fluid retention, high blood pressure etc.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Dytor Plus to show results?
Ans. Dytor Plus tablet reaches its peak effect or maximum action within about 1-2 hours of oral administration.
Q. Should Dytor Plus be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Dytor Plus should not be taken empty stomach as it may cause stomach irritation.
Q. Does Dytor Plus make you drowsy?
Ans. Dytor Plus may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Dytor Plus Tablets?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 6-8 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Dytor Plus toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Dytor Plus should never be stopped in between the cycle without consulting with the doctor. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Dytor Plus.
Q. Does Dytor Plus effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle. Always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Dytor Plus safe for children?
Ans. Dytor Plus should not be administered to children without consulting paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Dytor Plus?
Ans. Any allergy, Addison’s disease and low blood pressure are to be taken into consideration before taking Dytor Plus
Q. Is Dytor Plus legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.