Table of Contents
- What is Ebast?
- Uses of Ebast
- How does Ebast work?
- How to take Ebast?
- Common Dosage for Ebast
- When to Avoid Ebast?
- Precautions While Taking Ebast
- Side-Effects of Ebast
- Drug Interactions with Ebast to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Ebast Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Ebast
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Ebast
- Authored By –
1What is Ebast?
It is used to prevent or treat allergic conditions like red itchy skin and eyes, urticaria and rhinitis. Dry mouth, dizziness and weakness are the common side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of severe liver or kidney disorders and underage patients.
Ebast Composition:Ebastine 10mg
Manufactured By:Micro Labs Ltd
Prescription:Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but is also available as OTC
Form:Table and syrup.
Price:Rs. 90.00 for 10 tablets (10mg tablet).
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti allergic.
2Uses of Ebast
Ebast is used to provide relief of following symptoms in allergic conditions:
- Hay fever: Used to treat Hay fever.
- Urticaria: Used to treat cases of acute and chronic cases of urticaria.
- Eyes: Used to manage irritation in the eyes.
- Skin: Used to cure red and itchy skin.
- Allergic Rhinitis: Used in cases of patients with allergic rhinitis.
3How does Ebast work?
- Ebast contains Ebastine as its main active ingredient.
- Ebastine belongs to the class of antiallergic /antihistamine.
- Ebastine works by blocking the histamine H1 receptors in the body.
- Ebast blocks the histamine responsible for allergic symptoms and thereby clears the allergic symptoms like itching, rashes etc.
4How to take Ebast?
- Ebast is usually available in the form of tablets and syrups.
- Ebast Tablet is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after food as it prevents any potential gastric irritation caused by the drug when taken empty stomach.
- Ebast Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Ebast syrup bottle should be shaken up well before consumption.
- Ebast Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Common Dosage for Ebast
- Ebast dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Ebast Tablet is 10mg tablet 1-2 times a day depending on the condition being treated or stated by the doctor.
- The dose can be altered by the doctor depending on the condition or response by the patient.
- Paediatrician should be consulted when administering paediatric dose.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Ebast?
Overdose of Ebast can cause undesirable effects like excessive drowsiness, dizziness and can also lead to complications in few cases of high dose.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Ebast?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Ebast?
Expired Ebast might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. What is the Onset time of Ebast?
The effect of Ebast can be seen within 1-2 hours of oral administration of the drug.
- It may take the drug almost 8 hours to get eliminated completely after drug administration.
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Deviry Uses | Diamicron Uses | Diclogesic Uses
6When to Avoid Ebast?
Do not Consume Ebast if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Ebast or any other Antihistamine or any of its constituents.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
- Low potassium levels: In cases of patients with low potassium levels.
- Heart conditions: In some cases of heart conditions, where known prolongation of QTc interval on ECG is there. This drug should be avoided in such cases.
7Precautions While Taking Ebast
- Concomitant use of antibiotics: In cases of patients using antibiotics with Ebast, extra caution is advised.
- Underage: In cases of children under 2 years of age, it should be avoided
- Liver/ Kidney Impairment: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with severe kidney or liver impairments.
- Dose Alteration: Avoid dose alteration without proper medical consultation.
Warnings When Taking Ebast
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
- Preferably the drug should be consumed at night before going to sleep to avoid any drowsiness during the daytime.
Also Read: Dilzem Dosage | Diprovate Dosage | Dipsalic Dosage
8Side-Effects of Ebast
The side effects associated with Ebast are:
- Dry mouth (common)
- Headache (common)
- Epistaxis (nasal bleeding) (less common)
- Stomachache (less common)
- Nausea (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Weakness (common)
- Drowsiness (common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Dark colored urine (less common)
- Appetite loss (less common)
- Vomiting (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Ebast?
- Ebast is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, itching on the skin.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Ebast on organs?
Ebast should be used with caution in patients with severe liver impairment as dose modification may be required in such cases.
9Drug Interactions with Ebast to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Ebast. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Ebast. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Ebast
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interaction with Ebast
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Antidepressants (Mild)
- Sedatives (severe)
- Antihistamines (moderate)
- Anti anxiety drugs (moderate)
- Tranquilizers (mild)
3. Effects of Ebast on Lab tests
Ebast does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Ebast’s Interaction with Diseases/Pre-existing condition
Any Liver or kidney diseases and allergic reaction to the drug.
Q. Can I have Ebast with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption with Ebast may cause excessive drowsiness. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Ebast.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Ebast when pregnant?
Ebast during pregnancy should be used only when necessary and advised by the doctor. Always inform the doctor before taking Ebast in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Ebast when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should not use it as it is known to be excreted in human milk. Therefore, the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Ebast?
Ebast can cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in some patients and one must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10Buyer’s Guide – Ebast Composition, Variant and Price
|Ebast 20mg Tablet||Ebastine 20mg||Rs. 105.00 for 10 Tablets|
|Ebast DC Tablet||Phenylephrine 10mg + Ebastine 10mg||Rs. 95.50 for 10 Tablets|
|Ebast M Tablet||Ebastine 10mg + Montelukast 10mg||Rs. 141.00 for 10 Tablets|
|Ebast 60ml Suspension||Ebastine 5mg/5ml||Rs. 57.00 for 1 pack|
|Ebast DT Tablet||Ebastine 10mg||Rs. 78.00 for 10 Tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1Mg Discount Code | Medlife Discount Coupon
11Substitutes of Ebast
The following are alternative drugs for Ebast:
- Ebay Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Bal Pharma Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 49 for 10 tablets
- Ebasil 10mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Abbott.
- Price – Rs. 80.81 for 10 tablets
- Ebal 10mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Bal Pharma Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 39.75 for 10 tablets
- Erostin 10mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Micro Labs Limited.
- Price – Rs. 59.5 for 10 tablets
Storage requirements for Ebast
- Store the Ebast tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Ebast
Q. What is Ebast?
Ans. Ebast is a drug that contains Ebastine as its main active ingredient and is used to treat conditions like itching, hay fever, urticaria and allergic rhinitis.
Q. How long does it take for Ebast to show results?
Ans. The effect of Ebast can be seen within 1-2 hours of oral administration of the drug.
Q. Should Ebast be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Ebast should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Ebast make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Ebast may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Ebast doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Ebast should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Ebast.
Q. Does Ebast effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Ebast safe for children?
Ans. Ebast should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Ebast?
Ans.Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Ebast.
Q. Is Ebast legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Other medicine to read: Dolokind
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –