Table of Contents
- 1 What is Ecitalop?
- 2 Uses of Ecitalop
- 3 How does Ecitalop work?
- 4 How to Take Ecitalop?
- 5 Common Dosage for Ecitalop
- 6 When to Avoid Ecitalop?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Ecitalop
- 8 Side-Effects of Ecitalop
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Ecitalop
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Ecitalop
- 9.3 3. Effects of Ecitalop on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Ecitalop’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Ecitalop with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Ecitalop when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Ecitalop when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Ecitalop?
- 10 Ecitalop Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Ecitalop
- 12 FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Ecitalop
- 12.1 Q. What is Ecitalop?
- 12.2 Q. What are the uses of Ecitalop?
- 12.3 Q. What are the side effects of Ecitalop?
- 12.4 Q. How effective is Ecitalop?
- 12.5 Q. How long does it take for Ecitalop to show results?
- 12.6 Q. Should Ecitalop be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.7 Q. Does Ecitalop make you drowsy?
- 12.8 Q. What should be the time gap between the intake of 2 Ecitalop tablets?
- 12.9 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.10 Q. Does Ecitalop effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.11 Q. Is Ecitalop safe for children?
- 12.12 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Ecitalop?
- 12.13 Q. Is Ecitalop legal in India?
1What is Ecitalop?
The name of this medication is Ecitalop. It contains escitalopram and is manufactured by east-west Pharma. It can be used to treat depression and anxiety. It is also known as a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It helps to treat CNS disorders. It requires a prescription by the doctor.
Ecitalop Composition – escitalopram
Manufactured By – east-west Pharma
Prescription – not Available as OTC, Rx needed
Form – tablet (most commonly consumed form)
Price – ₹55.60 (10 tablets per strip)
Expiry/Shelf Life – 2 years
Type of Drug –SSRI