Table of Contents
- 1 What is Eldoper?
- 2 Uses of Eldoper
- 3 How does Eldoper work?
- 4 How to take Eldoper?
- 5 Common Dosage for Eldoper
- 6 When to Avoid Eldoper?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Eldoper
- 8 Side-Effects of Eldoper
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Eldoper
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Eldoper
- 9.3 3. Effects of Eldoper on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Eldoper’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Eldoper with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Eldoper when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Eldoper when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Eldoper?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Eldoper Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Eldoper
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Eldoper
- 12.1 Q. What is Eldoper?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Eldoper to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Eldoper be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Eldoper make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Eldoper doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Eldoper effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Eldoper safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Eldoper?
- 12.10 Q. Is Eldoper legal in India?
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Eldoper?
Used mainly to treat Diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders. Intestinal paralysis and severe stomach ache are the major side effects seen at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in the case of acute colitis and allergic cases.
Eldoper Composition: Loperamide Hydrochloride
Manufactured By: Micro Labs Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Tablets and Capsules.
Price: Rs. 24 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antidiarrheal