Table of Contents
- 1 What is Electral?
- 2 Uses of Electral
- 3 How does Electral work?
- 4 How to take Electral?
- 5 Common Dosage for Electral
- 6 When to Avoid Electral?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Electral:
- 8 Side-Effects of Electral:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Electral
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Electral
- 9.3 3. Effects of Electral on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Electral’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Electral with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Electral when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Electral when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Electral?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Electral Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Electral
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Electral
- 12.1 Q. What is Electral?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Electral to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Electral be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Electral make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Electral doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Electral effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Electral safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Electral?
- 12.10 Q. Is Electral legal in India?
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Electral?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like fluid loss, electrolyte imbalance in cases of dehydration and diarrhoea. Hyperosmolar syndrome, high blood pressure and increased heart beats are the major side effects at repetitive high doses.
It should be totally avoided in case of hypertension, diabetes and impaired kidney functions with no urine output (Anuria).
Also Read in Hindi: About Electral
Electral Composition: Anhydrous Dextrose 2.7gm + Potassium chloride 0.3gm + Sodium Chloride 0.52gm + Sodium Citrate 0.58gm/ Sachet
Manufactured By: FDC Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC.
Form: Sachet and liquid.
Price: Rs 3.83 for 1 sachet of 4.4gm.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Electrolytes.