Table of Contents
- What is Enoxaparin?
- Uses of Enoxaparin
- How Does Enoxaparin Work?
- How to Take Enoxaparin?
- Enoxaparin Price In India
- Common Dosage for Enoxaparin?
- When to Avoid Enoxaparin?
- Side-Effects of Enoxaparin
- Effects of Enoxaparin on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Effects/Results After Consuming Enoxaparin
- Is Enoxaparin addictive?
- Can I have Enoxaparin with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Enoxaparin when pregnant?
- Can I have Enoxaparin when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Enoxaparin?
- What happens if I overdose on Enoxaparin?
- What happens if I eat expired Enoxaparin?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Enoxaparin?
- Storage Requirements
- Pro Tips When Taking Enoxaparin
Enoxaparin Composition – Enoxaparin 20 MG
Manufactured By – United Biotech Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Injection
Price – Rs 292.38
Quantity – 0.2Ml
What is Enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin is an anticoagulant medication which is used for the treatment of blood clots in the blood vessels.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Netmeds Medicines | Practo Medicines
Uses of Enoxaparin
- Deep vein thrombosis
- Pulmonary embolism
- Prevention of blood clots
- Heart attack
- Myocardial Infarction
Also Read: Ethambutol Uses | Famotidine Uses | Filgrastim Uses
How Does Enoxaparin Work?
Thrombin is a protein that is responsible for the clotting of blood within the body. Enoxaparin acts by deactivating this protein thereby preventing the formation of new blood clots and stops the existing ones from getting bigger in size. This results in preventing blood vessel blockage within the body.
How to Take Enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin comes in the injectable form. You must inject this medication under the skin of your abdomen.
Enoxaparin Price In India
|Vial of 20/0.2 ml Injection||Rs 607.00|
|Vial of 40/0.4 ml Injection||Rs 1060.00|
|Vial of 60 ml Injection||Rs 1323.00|
Also Read: Aminophylline Price | Doxorubicin Price
Common Dosage for Enoxaparin?
Enoxaparin is generally prescribed once or twice daily. Your doctor may alter your dosage and its frequency depending upon the severity of your condition.
When to Avoid Enoxaparin?
Avoid Enoxaparin if:
- You are allergic to any component of this drug
- You have a spinal procedure
- You have an epidural procedure
- You have bleeding problem
Side-Effects of Enoxaparin
- Blood platelet count decrease
- Increased liver enzymes
- Reduced number of RBCs
- Feeling tired or weak
- Stomach upset
- Injection site pain and irritation
- Coughing up blood
Also Read: Griseofulvin Side Effect | Imatinib Side Effect | Isoniazid Side Effect
Effects of Enoxaparin on Organs?
Long term use of Enoxaparin is not safe for the patients with kidney and liver disease. Your doctor may adjust your dose as per your requirement.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Some of the common allergic reactions reported with Enoxaparin are hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
Effects/Results After Consuming Enoxaparin
The effect of Enoxaparin can be observed within 1 hour of administration. Your disease symptoms will start to improve after taking this medication.
Things to Know About Enoxaparin
Is Enoxaparin addictive?
Enoxaparin is not addictive in nature
Can I have Enoxaparin with alcohol?
It is better to avoid alcohol when on Enoxaparin. Consult your doctor about limiting alcohol with this medication. Co-consumption of alcohol with this medication causes excessive sleepiness and drowsiness.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
You must consult your doctor regarding the foods to be avoided.
Can I have Enoxaparin when pregnant?
In most cases, it is safe to take Enoxaparin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking this medication if you are pregnant.
Can I have Enoxaparin when feeding a baby?
Enoxaparin is known to pass in mother’s milk to baby. Consult your doctor if it is absolutely necessary to take this medication while you are breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Enoxaparin?
It is generally safe to drive while taking Enoxaparin. However, if you experience drowsiness, dizziness, a headache or any side effect that alters your consciousness then it may not be safe to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Enoxaparin?
Overdose of Enoxaparin will not improve your symptoms. It may even cause serious side-effects like bleeding, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Consult your doctor immediately in case of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired Enoxaparin?
If by mistake you consume a dose of expired Enoxaparin, the chances of harm are very less. It is advised to check the label for expiry date always before use.
What happens if I miss a dose of Enoxaparin?
As soon as you remember, take the missed dose. However, if it is already time for next dose, carry on with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Always store Enoxaparin at a temperature around 25 degree Celsius
- Storing in moisture-prone places like bathroom may damage the medication
- Keep Enoxaparin away from direct heat and sunlight
- Store it where your children and pets can’t reach
Pro Tips When Taking Enoxaparin
- Do not try to self-adjust the dose. Take it in the quantity prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not share your medication with anyone even if they have a similar condition.
- Discuss the pros and cons of Enoxaparin if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy or if you are breastfeeding.
- This medication increases your risk of bleeding so take precautions in your day to day activities.
- Your doctor must know about your medical history before prescribing Enoxaparin.