Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Enterogermina?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Enterogermina?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Enterogermina?
- Q. Onset time of Enterogermina?
- Q. till when does the effect of Enterogermina stays?
- Warnings When Taking Enterogermina
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Enterogermina?
- What are the effects of Enterogermina on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Enterogermina
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Enterogermina
- 3. Effects of Enterogermina on Lab Tests
- 4. Enterogermina’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Enterogermina with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Enterogermina when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Enterogermina when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Enterogermina?
- Storage requirements for Enterogermina
- Q. What is Enterogermina?
- Q. What are the uses of Enterogermina?
- Q. What are the side effects of Enterogermina?
- Q. How long does it take for Enterogermina to show results?
- Q. Should Enterogermina be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Enterogermina make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Enterogermina doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Enterogermina effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Enterogermina safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Enterogermina?
- Q. Is Enterogermina legal in India?
What is Enterogermina?
Enterogermina is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders. Acute toxicity and abdominal pain are the major side effects seen at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of intestinal perforation and allergic cases.
Enterogermina Composition: Bacillus Clausii 2 Billion spores.
Manufactured By: Sanofi India Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Capsule, Vials
Price: Rs. 121.95 for 4 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturingType of Drug: Probiotic
Also read in Hindi: Enterogermina
Uses of Enterogermina
Enterogermina is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Diarrhoea: Used to treat diarrhoea including Traveller’s diarrhoea and diarrhoea caused due to antibiotics.
- Indigestion: Used to prevent or treat digestion problems.
- Immunity building: Used as an immunity booster in cases of low immunity.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS): Used to treat conditions like Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD): Used to treat inflammatory bowel disease.
- GI Disorders: Used to treat gastrointestinal disorders like gastroenteritis, colitis
- RTI: Used in cases of respiratory tract infection
- Others: Used to treat other conditions like amoebic dysentery.
How does Enterogermina work?
- Enterogermina Contains Bacillus Clausii as its main active ingredient.
- Enterogermina is a combination of good bacterias, which is introduced in the intestine intentionally to balance the microbial flora (internal environment) of the intestine.
- Use of Antibiotics and other conditions can cause a disbalance between the good and bad bacterias and can lead to pathologies (diseases)
- Introduction of good bacteria inside the body leads to a competition between good and bad bacterias for nutrients.
- Eventually the bad bacterias die because of loss of nutrients.
How to take Enterogermina?
- Enterogermina is usually available in the form of capsules, vials.
- Enterogermina capsule is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after food as it prevents any potential gastric irritation caused by the drug when taken empty stomach.
- Enterogermina capsules should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Enterogermina should be taken with equal time interval between two doses if consumed more than once a day.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Also Read: Enteroquinol Side Effect | Enzoflam Side Effect | Enzomac
Enterogermina Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Enterogermina capsule/vial is 2-3 vials a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses.
- The dose can be altered by the doctor depending on the condition or response by the patient.
- In children upto 14 years of age, 1-2 vials a day.
- In Infants, 1vial a day is advised but the pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Enterogermina?
Overdose of Enterogermina can cause undesirable effect and can also lead to complications in few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Enterogermina?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Enterogermina?
Expired Enterogermina might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Enterogermina?
The effect of Enterogermina can be seen within the first 2-3 days of starting the Enterogermina therapy.
Q. till when does the effect of Enterogermina stays?
Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Eltroxin Dosage | Eldoper Dosage | Ecosprin 75 Dosage
When to Avoid Enterogermina?
Do not Consume Enterogermina if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Enterogermina or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Perforation: In cases of patients with intestinal perforation.
- Intolerance: In cases of drug intolerance, Enterogermina should be avoided.
Read about other medicine's: Ethamsylate | Etizolam
Precautions While Taking Enterogermina:
- Allergy: Should be used with caution in allergic cases.
Warnings When Taking Enterogermina
- Vial once opened should be used within 15-20minutes to prevent drug contamination.
- Enterogermina provides temporary relief but proper treatment for underlying cause is advisable.
Side-Effects of Enterogermina:
The side effects associated with Enterogermina are:
- Acute toxicity (less common)
- Nausea (common)
- Rashes (common)
- Bloating (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Enterogermina?
- Enterogermina is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip, and throat
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Enterogermina on organs?
Enterogermina has no adverse effects on organs if consumed in the prescribed dose.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Enterogermina. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Enterogermina. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Enterogermina
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Enterogermina
Enterogermina does not exhibit drug interactions and shows interactions in few rare cases.
3. Effects of Enterogermina on Lab Tests
Enterogermina does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Enterogermina’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any intestinal perforation.
Q. Can I have Enterogermina with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption with Enterogermina may cause an increased risk of side effects. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Enterogermina.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Enterogermina when pregnant?
Yes, it can be used during pregnancy as it is safe. But always inform the doctor before taking Enterogermina in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive as a precautionary measure.
Q. Can I have Enterogermina when feeding a baby?
Yes, Lactating mothers can use it and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Enterogermina?
Enterogermina generally doesn’t cause drowsiness but one must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Buyer’s Guide – Enterogermina Composition, Variant and Price
|Enterogermina Variants||Enterogermina Composition||Enterogermina Price (Rs.)|
|Enterogermina 5ml Suspension||Multi-antibiotic resistant Bacillus Clausii 2 billion spores/ 5ml||Rs. 46.19 for 1pack|
|Enterogermina Capsule||Multi-antibiotic resistant Bacillus Clausii 2 billion cells||Rs. 134.14 for 4 capsules|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo first time user coupon code
Substitutes of Enterogermina
The following are alternative drugs for Enterogermina:
- Bacigerm 5ml Suspension:
- Manufactured by Myol Pharma
- Price- Rs. 35
- RiniClausi 30ml Dry Syrup:
- Manufactured by Elan Pharma
- Price- Rs. 180
- Novogermina 5ml Oral Suspension:
- Manufactured by Alkem Laboratories Ltd
- Price- Rs. 36.25
Storage requirements for Enterogermina
- Store the Enterogermina tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Enterogermina
Q. What is Enterogermina?
Ans. Enterogermina is a probiotic that contains beneficial bacteria which helps to improve gastrointestinal problems.
Q. What are the uses of Enterogermina?
Ans. Enterogermina is mainly used to prevent or treat conditions like diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders.
Q. What are the side effects of Enterogermina?
Ans. The most common side effects of Enterogermina are Acute toxicity, Nausea, Rashes, Bloating, Abdominal pain
Q. How long does it take for Enterogermina to show results?
Ans.The effect of Enterogermina can be seen within first 1-3 days of starting the administration of the drug.
Q. Should Enterogermina be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans.Enterogermina should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Enterogermina make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Enterogermina may cause drowsiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Enterogermina doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Enterogermina should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Enterogermina.
Q. Does Enterogermina effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Enterogermina safe for children?
Ans. Enterogermina is safe for children but should be administered in children only after proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Enterogermina?
Ans. Any intestinal perforation or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Enterogermina.
Q. Is Enterogermina legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
You can use buy Enterogermina using latest Coupons & Offers from below store:
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.