Table of Contents
- What is Enterogermina Oral Suspension?
- Uses of Enterogermina Oral Suspension
- Enterogermina Composition
- How does Enterogermina work?
- Enterogermina Price in India
- How to Take Enterogermina?
- Common Dosage & when to take Enterogermina
- Precautions- When to avoid Enterogermina Oral Suspension
- Side effects of Enterogermina Oral Suspension
- What is the Effect of Enterogermina on Organs?
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In
- Storage Requirements for Enterogermina
- Pro Tips When Taking Enterogermina Oral Suspension
- Is Enterogermina Addictive?
- Can I have Enterogermina oral suspension with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Enterogermina when Pregnant?
- Can I have Enterogermina when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Enterogermina?
- What happens if I overdose on Enterogermina?
- What happens if I eat expired Enterogermina oral suspension?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Enterogermina?
What is Enterogermina Oral Suspension?
Enterogermina is a type of oral probiotic (live bacteria and yeast which are good for health) primarily used for anti-diarrheal purposes.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo Medicines | Saveonmedicals Medicines
Uses of Enterogermina Oral Suspension
Enterogermina is most commonly used in the prevention and treatment of the following conditions:
- Antibiotic-associated diarrhoea
- Amoebic dysentery
- Traveler’s diarrhoea
- Gastrointestinal disorders like colitis, gastroenteritis.
- Respiratory tract infection
- Irritable bowel syndrome & Inflammatory bowel disease
- Immunity building
Enterogermina may also be used for a purpose not mentioned above.
Enterogermina has 2 billion spores of Bacillus Clausii as active ingredients.
How does Enterogermina work?
- Probiotics are live microorganisms (bacteria, yeast etc) which when taken by mouth benefit your health by altering the balance of flora (microbes) in the intestine. They are what we call as “good bacteria”.
- They are most commonly used when the balance of good bacteria in our gut (intestine) is hampered by administration of antibiotics or when bad bacteria (pathogens) have overgrown in our body and cause illness.
- In probiotic therapy like with Enterogermina Oral Suspension, these beneficial microorganisms are ingested and thereby introduced to the intestinal microflora intentionally. This results in high numbers of beneficial bacteria which compete with harmful bacteria for nutrients and thus starve off harmful bacteria.
Enterogermina Price in India
|Strip of 4 Capsules||Rs 121.95|
How to Take Enterogermina?
Enterogermina medicine is available in the following forms:
- Enterogermina capsule
- Enterogermina vials
- It is advised to take this medicine with food or immediately after food.
- If taking a capsule, swallow capsule as a whole. Do not chew, break, or crush. If taking more than one capsule per day, keep enough time gap between each dosage.
- When using suspension form, shake the contents well before use. Discard the vial if abnormal smell or colour is noticed or if the vial is kept open for a long time.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
- In case of non-improvement of symptoms or symptoms getting worse, seek medical attention immediately.
Common Dosage & when to take Enterogermina
- Dosage and form of Enterogermina (capsule, suspension etc) depend upon the age of the patient and severity of ailment or as prescribed by the doctor.
- For adult patients, 2-3 vials/capsules of Enterogermina per day can be given depending upon the severity of symptoms or as advised by the doctor.
- In children up to 14 years of age, 1-2 vials/capsules of Enterogermina per day is recommended based upon the severity of symptoms.
- In the case of infants, 1-2 vials of Enterogermina can be taken but only under strict observation of a pediatrician.
Also Read: Eltroxin Dosage | Eldoper Dosage | Ecosprin 75 Dosage
Precautions- When to avoid Enterogermina Oral Suspension
Enterogermina oral suspension should not be used when:
- Allergy to any of its components
- Patients with Intestinal perforation
- Intolerance to the drug
Side effects of Enterogermina Oral Suspension
Enterogermina is relatively safe when taken orally in adults, infants, pregnant and lactating females. Few observed side effects may include:
- Skin rash
- Abdominal pain
- Acute toxicity
In such cases, tell your doctor immediately and seek medical attention.
What is the Effect of Enterogermina on Organs?
No such harmful effect on any organ observed.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Allergy with Enterogermina may exhibit the following symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Drug interactions refer to the effect of drugs on each other and on the human body after ingestion. Large numbers of medicine have shown to interact with each other.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
- Using all these medicines along with Enterogermina can influence the therapeutic effect of these medicines and also can increase the chances of side effects.
- Consult your doctor before administering any other drugs concomitantly with Enterogermina.
Shows Effects / Results In
- You should start to feel recovered on the same day or in the first three days of treatment with Enterogermina.
- A complete dose prescribed by your doctor must be taken for the complete cessation of symptoms from your body
Also Read: Enteroquinol Side Effect | Enzoflam Side Effect | Enzomac
Storage Requirements for Enterogermina
- Storage at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
- Do not keep the vial open for long and consume the product immediately.
Pro Tips When Taking Enterogermina Oral Suspension
- Once the vial of Enterogermina is open, it should be consumed within 15-20 minutes to avoid contamination.
- Enterogermina oral suspension only provides temporary relief of symptoms and does not cure the underlying problem.
- Enterogermina can be prescribed along with antibiotics to prevent the side effects of antibiotics like oral ulcers, diarrhoea.
Read about other medicine's: Ethamsylate | Etizolam
Is Enterogermina Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Enterogermina oral suspension with alcohol?
Interaction of Enterogermina with alcohol may increase the risk of side effects, therefore, it is not recommended to consume alcohol while taking Enterogermina.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Enterogermina when Pregnant?
Enterogermina oral suspension is safe to use in pregnancy but still should be used only after consultation with a doctor. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Can I have Enterogermina when feeding a baby?
Enterogermina is safe for use in breastfeeding women as it has shown no adverse effects on foetus.
Can I drive after taking Enterogermina?
You should use Enterogermina with caution while driving or operating heavy machinery if you exhibit drowsiness, dizziness or a headache
What happens if I overdose on Enterogermina?
It should not be administered in more than prescribed dose. Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms; rather they may cause serious side-effects.
What happens if I eat expired Enterogermina oral suspension?
The medicine may not work as well. Please inform your physician regarding the same.
What happens if I miss a dose of Enterogermina?
The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose. Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.