Table of Contents
- 1 What is Entresto?
- 2 Uses of Entresto
- 3 How does Entresto work?
- 4 How to take Entresto?
- 5 Common Dosage for Entresto
- 6 When to Avoid Entresto?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Entresto
- 8 Side-Effects of Entresto
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Entresto
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interaction with Entresto
- 9.3 3. Effects of Entresto on Lab tests
- 9.4 4. Entresto’s Interaction with Diseases/Pre-existing condition
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Entresto with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Entresto when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Entresto when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Entresto?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Entresto Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Entresto
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Entresto
- 12.1 Q. What is Entresto?
- 12.2 Q. How long does it take for Entresto to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Entresto be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Entresto make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Entresto doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Entresto effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Entresto safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Entresto?
- 12.10 Q. Is Entresto legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
1What is Entresto?
It is used to reduce risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization in patients with heart failure. Angioedema, renal impairment and low blood pressure are the major side effects seen with this drug. It should be totally avoided in case of patients with history of Angioedema and allergic to the drug or any of its components.
Entresto Composition: Sacubitril 24mg + Valsartan26mg
Manufactured By: Novartis.
Price: Rs.53 for 10 tablets (50mg).
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Angiotensin II blocker + Antihypertensive.