Table of Contents
- What is Enuff?
- Uses of Enuff
- How does Enuff work?
- How to take Enuff?
- Enuff Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Enuff?
- Precautions While Taking Enuff:
- Side-Effects of Enuff:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Enuff Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Enuff
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Enuff
- Authored By –
1What is Enuff?
It is predominantly used for prevention or treatment of acute diarrhoea. Angioedema and sore throat at repetitive high doses are the major side effects. It should be totally avoided in case of Liver or kidney diseases and pregnant or lactating women.
Enuff Composition: Racecadotril 100mg.
Manufactured By: Hetero Healthcare Limited.
Form: Capsules, Tablets and Sachets.
Price: Rs.92.70 for 10 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Type of Drug: Anti diarrhoeal.
2Uses of Enuff
Enuff is used for the prevention and treatment of following conditions:
- Acute Diarrhoea: Used in the cases of patients suffering from acute diarrhoea.
Enuff can also be used for purposes not listed above.
3How does Enuff work?
- Enuff contains Racecadotril as its main active ingredient.
- Racecadotril is an anti diarrhoeal drug which acts as peripherally acting enkephalinase inhibitor and inhibits the enzymes responsible for breakdown of endogenous enkephalin opioid peptides.
- Racecadotril reduces the water and electrolytes into the intestine and manages diarrhoea.
- Therefore, Enuff capsule helps in managing the cases of acute diarrhoea.
4How to take Enuff?
- Enuff is usually available in tablet, capsules, suspension and sachets form.
- Capsules and tablets are usually administered orally (Via mouth) with a glass of water or as instructed by the doctor. It can be consumed with or without food as food has no effect on its bioavailability.
- The tablet should not be crushed or chewed but should be swallowed as a whole.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Enuff Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history and health status of the patient.
- The most common dose of Enuff for adults is 100mg and can be repeated after every 8 hours depending on the condition of patient.
- The common dose for children is 5mg/kg 2-3 times a day depending on the condition.
- Always consult a paediatrician before administering the drug to children.
- The dose should not be altered without medical consultation; dose should be gradually reduced as per the doctor’s advice in case of improvement in patient’s health.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Enuff?
Overdose of Enuff can increase the chances of serious side effects. The doctor should be consulted immediately in case of Enuff overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Enuff?
Enuff may not exhibit the desired effects as a certain amount of drug should always be present in the systemic circulation of the body to exhibit beneficial effects.
The missed dose of Enuff should be consumed as soon as you remember it. But, it is not advisable to consume the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Enuff?
A single dose of expired Enuff is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Enuff?
Enuff Tablets reaches its peak effect in about 60 minutes after oral administration.
Q. Till when does the effect of Enuff stay?
It is advised to keep a time interval of 6-8 hours between two doses of Enuff.
6When to Avoid Enuff?
Do not Consume Enuff Tablets:
- Severe kidney or liver diseases: In cases of severe kidney or liver diseases, the drug should be avoided as it is metabolized and excreted through liver and kidneys respectively.
- Hypersensitivity: In cases of patients sensitive or allergic to the drug or its ingredient.
- Blood in stools: In cases of blood in stools, it should be avoided as it can worsen the condition.
- Pregnancy: In cases of pregnancy, it should be avoided unless necessary and stated by doctor.
7Precautions While Taking Enuff:
- Lactating Women: Lactating women should avoid this drug as it is not considered safe.
- Empty Stomach: Do not consume Enuff empty stomach if there is history of gastric problems.
- Allergic Reaction: Any allergic reaction after taking Enuff should be immediately reported to the doctor.
- Avoid Over dosage: Drug overdose should be avoided.
- Time Interval: A gap of 6-8 hours should be maintained between the two doses to avoid increased levels of drug in the blood as it can lead to toxicity.
Warnings When Taking Enuff
- Consuming more than the daily prescribed dose may lead to serious side effects.
- In patients with carbohydrate intolerance, this drug should be used with caution as it contains saccharose as an ingredient of drug.
Read More: Fefol precaution | Flotral precaution | Flunarin precautions
8Side-Effects of Enuff:
The side effects associated with Enuff Tablets used for different treatments are:
- Rashes (common)
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Headache (less common)
- Angioedema (less common)
- Sore throat (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Enuff?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Enuff tablets are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eyelids, face (common)
What are the effects of Enuff tablets on organs?
Enuff capsule should be used with caution and after proper dose modification in cases of patients with liver and kidney impairment as the drug is mainly metabolised and excreted through liver and kidneys respectively.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
One needs to be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Enuff. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Enuff. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Enuff
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Enuff
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Amikacin (mild)
- Sotalol (moderate)
- Tobramycin (mild)
- Quinidine (moderate)
- Amiodarone (moderate)
- Procainamide (mild)
3. Effects of Enuff on Lab Tests
Enuff does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Enuff’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases, pregnancy or lactating women.
Q. Can I have Enuff with alcohol?
No. Avoid consuming the drug with alcohol. The doctor should be consulted before consuming alcohol with Enuff.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food items should be avoided.
Q. Can I have Enuff when pregnant?
No, Enuff should be avoided during pregnancy as its safety has not been established yet. The doctor should always be notified if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Enuff when feeding a baby?
No, as Enuff is not tested in lactating women and the doctor should always be informed in such cases as a precautionary measure.
Q. Can I drive after taking Enuff?
Yes, as Enuff does not affect the ability to drive but it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if symptoms like dizziness or drowsiness occurs after taking Enuff.
Read More: Desrol side effect | Dramamine side effect | Etilaam side effect
10Buyer’s Guide – Enuff Composition, Variant and Price
|Enuff O 30ml Suspension||Ofloxacin 50mg + Racecadotril 15mg/5ml||Rs.54.50 for 1 Pack.|
|Enuff 10mg 1gm Sachet||Racecadotril 10mg/gm||Rs. 10.00 for 1 Pack.|
|Enuff DT 10mg Tablet||Racecadotril 10mg||Rs. 40.00 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Medlife coupon code | Netmeds coupon code
11Substitutes of Enuff
The following are alternative drugs for Enuff:
- Cadotril 100mg Capsules:
- Manufactured by Ordain Healthcare.
- Price- Rs. 163.6
- AD 100mg Capsules:
- Manufactured by Genix Pharma
- Price- Rs. 93.5
- Racedot Capsule:
- Manufactured by Macleods Phamaceuticals Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 69
- Zomatril DT 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by FDC Limited.
- Price- Rs. 93
Storage requirements for Enuff Tablets
- Enuff Tablet should be stored in a cool, moisture-free place at temperature below 25o C
- Drug should be kept out of children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Enuff
Q. What is Enuff?
Ans. Enuff is a solo drug containing Racecadotril as its main ingredient. It acts as an anti diarrhoeal drug as it treats and manages the cases of acute diarrhoea.
Q. What are the uses of Enuff?
Ans. It acts as an anti diarrhoeal drug as it treats and manages the cases of acute diarrhoea.
Q. What are the side effects of Enuff?
Ans. The most common side effects of Enuff are Rashes, Nausea, Vomiting, Headache, Angioedema, Sore throat
Q. How long does it take for Enuff to show results?
Ans. Enuff shows its affect in 60 minutes of administration of drug.
Q. Should Enuff be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Enuff can be taken empty stomach but should be avoided on empty stomach as it may cause stomach irritation in patients with history of gastric problems.
Q. Does Enuff make you drowsy?
Ans. Enuff does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Enuff Tablets?
Ans. Ideal time gap of atleast 6-8 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Enuff toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Enuff should never be stopped in between the cycle without consulting with the doctor. The doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Enuff.
Q. Does Enuff effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle. Always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Enuff safe for children?
Ans. Enuff can be administered to children after proper consultation with the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Enuff?
Ans. Any hypersensitivity and liver problems are to be taken into consideration before taking Enuff
Q. Is Enuff legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Similar Reads –
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –