Table of Contents
- What is Envas?
- Uses of Envas
- How Does Envas Work?
- How to Take Envas?
- Envas Price In India
- Common Dosage for Envas
- Precautions – When to Avoid Envas?
- Side-Effects of Envas
- Allergic Reactions Reported
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Envas
- Storage Requirements about Envas
- Pro Tips When Taking Envas
- FAQs – Things to Know About Envas
- Is Envas addictive?
- Can I have Envas with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Envas when pregnant?
- Can I have Envas when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Envas?
- What happens if I overdose on Envas?
- What happens if I eat expired Envas?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Envas?
- When was Envas made?
What is Envas?
Envas is made up with an active ingredient known as Elanapril. It is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor drug. Envas is an ACE inhibitor which is hydrophilic and not metabolized in the liver. It is used to treat congestive heart failure and high blood pressure (Hypertension).
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: 1Mg Online | Medlife New User Offer
Uses of Envas
- Envas is used to prevent or reduce the effect of strokes and heart attack.
- It is also used to treat kidney problems and diabetic nerve pain.
- Envas improves the chance of survival after suffering from a heart attack.
Other medicine's Uses: Gaviscon Uses | Gemer Uses | Glibenclamide Uses
How Does Envas Work?
Envas causes the tightening of blood vessels by blocking a substance in the body. This results in relaxation of the blood vessels which lowers the blood pressure and increases the supply of blood and oxygen to the heart.
How to Take Envas?
- Swallow the tablet wholly.
- Do not crush, chew or break it.
- Envas can be taken with or without food.
- It can be taken by opening the capsule and sprinkling the medicine.
- Envas can be taken with water, apple juice which can make swallowing easier.
Envas Price In India
|Envy IV1.25mg Vial of 1 ml Injection||Rs 214.00|
|2.5mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 30.41|
|5 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 50.57|
|10 mg Strip of 15 Tablets||Rs 82.35|
|Envas H 5mg/12.5mg Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs 66.5|
Also Read: Gabaneuron Price | Ganaton Price | Fruselac Price
Common Dosage for Envas
- The dosage is different for different conditions. So it is safe to consult the doctor before taking the dosage.
- Hypertension – 10 mg per day and may gradually increase to up to 80 mg per day by the physician.
- Congestive heart failure – 2.5 mg for twice per day which may increase to up to 5 mg per day.
- Myocardial infarction – The initial dose is 5mg per day and the maximum dose is 110 mg per day.
- Diabetic Nephropathy – The initial dose is between 10 and 20 mg per day.
Precautions – When to Avoid Envas?
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Envas along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking this drug.
- Avoid Envas during pregnancy or if you have kidney problems.
Side-Effects of Envas
Some common side effects of Envas are:
- Faintness (Due to low blood pressure)
- Chest pain
- Weakness or tiredness
- Stomach pain
Other medicine's Side Effect: Etophylline Side Effect | Formet Side Effect
Allergic Reactions Reported
Allergic reactions reported with Envas is swelling in body parts.
Effects of Envas on Organs
There are evidences that consuming Envas which hydrolyses in the liver and causes liver damage and jaundice. It may also affect the blood vessels and kidney which results in kidney damage.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Drugs which cause serious effects while interacting with Envas are Allopurinol, Januvia, Lasix, Lantus, Metformin, etc., The drugs which can be taken under certain circumstances and show moderate effect are amlodipine, aspirin, aspirin 81, ibuprofen, etc.,
Effects/Results after Consuming Envas
Envas will show its effect within a few hours to treat high blood pressure and may take up to 2 weeks for full recovery. In case of heart diseases, it may take up to weeks or months to show its effects.
Storage Requirements about Envas
Envas can be stored in a closed container at room temperature away from heat, moisture, and direct light.
Pro Tips When Taking Envas
- Envas should be taken in the prescribed dosage and must only be increased in dosage when the physician prescribes it.
- Do not abruptly stop taking this drug as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Envas.
- People who are allergic to ACE inhibitors should avoid this drug.
FAQs – Things to Know About Envas
Is Envas addictive?
Can I have Envas with alcohol?
No. Having Envas with alcohol will lower your blood pressure.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Milk, banana, grapefruit, kale and other leafy greens.
Can I have Envas when pregnant?
No, Envas is not recommended during pregnancy as it causes under development and death of the foetus.
Can I have Envas when feeding a baby?
Avoid Envas as it can pass through the breast milk which can cause side effects in the baby.
Can I drive after taking Envas?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Envas?
An overdose on Envas would cause dizziness, weakness, light-headedness, diarrhoea, heartburn, etc.
What happens if I eat expired Envas?
It will not cause any apparent harm. But take advice from your doctor immediately.
What happens if I miss a dose of Envas?
If you miss a dose of Envas take it as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. If you don’t, just go back to your regular dosage.
When was Envas made?
Envas was made in the year 1985.