Table of Contents
- What is Enzomac?
- Uses of Enzomac
- How does Enzomac work?
- How to take Enzomac?
- Enzomac Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Enzomac?
- Precautions While Taking Enzomac:
- Side-Effects of Enzomac:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Enzomac Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Enzomac
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Enzomac
- Authored By –
1What is Enzomac?
It is mainly used to prevent or treat swelling and inflammation in conditions like traumatic injuries, dental abscess and osteoarthritis. Flatulence and nausea are the common side effect at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of liver or kidney disorders and coagulation disorders.
Enzomac Composition: Trypsin 48mg + Bromelain 90mg + Rutoside trihydrate 100mg
Manufactured By: Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’ but is also available as OTC
Form: Tablet and ointment.
Price: Rs. 205 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anti inflammatory + Anti oxidant
2Uses of Enzomac
Enzomac is used to prevent or treat following conditions:
- Osteoarthritis: Used in management of osteoarthritis.
- Colitis: Used in management of ulcerative colitis.
- Tooth extraction: Used in management of socket after tooth extraction.
- Skin infections: Used in management of bacterial skin infections.
- Cancer: Used in the treatment of cancer.
- Trauma: Used in the treatment of swelling and inflammation associated with traumatic injuries.
- Dental abscess: Used in the management of swelling associated with dental abscess.
- Wounds: Used to treat swelling associated with surgical wounds.
- Sports Injuries: Used in management of sports injuries.
- Cellulitis: Used in management of cellulitis.
- Tendonitis: Used to treat tendonitis (inflammation of tendons like Tennis elbow)
- Bursitis: Used to treat bursitis (inflammation of lubricating fluid sacs in joints)
Read about other medicine's Uses: Betadine Ointment Uses | Evion Lc Uses
3How does Enzomac work?
- Enzomac contains Trypsin, Bromelain and Rutoside.
- Enzomac contains two proteolytic enzymes, Trypsin and Bromelain that helps in breakdown of proteins into smaller peptides.
- Trypsin acts by removing the dead and necrotic tissue and prevents pathogenic growth.
- Bromelain acts as anti inflammatory agent by inhibiting growth of thromboxane and bradykinin at inflammation site.
- Rutoside is effective anti oxidant and increases strength of blood vessels so normalize permeability of vessels.
Also read about other medicine's: Eldoper | Ecosprin 75
4How to take Enzomac?
- Enzomac is usually available in the form of tablets and ointments.
- Enzomac Tablet is taken via mouth with a glass of water preferably with or after food as it prevents any potential gastric irritation caused by the drug when taken empty stomach.
- Enzomac Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Enzomac ointment is for external use only.
- Enzomac Tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5Enzomac Common Dosage
- The dosage of the drug is to be decided by the doctor for every individual as per the age, weight, mental status, allergic history of the patient.
- Common Adult dose of Enzomac Tablet is 1-2 tablets 2-3 times a day with an interval of at least 4-6 hours between two doses or as stated by the doctor.
- The dose can be altered by the doctor depending on the condition or response by the patient.
- Pediatrician should be consulted when administering pediatric dose.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Enzomac?
Overdose of Enzomac can cause undesirable effects and can also lead to complications in few cases.
Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Enzomac?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Enzomac?
Expired Enzomac might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Enzomac?
The effect of Enzomac can be seen within 3-7 days of starting the drug therapy.
Q. Till when does the effect of Enzomac stays?
Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Etizolam Dosage | Ethamsylate Dosage | Eltroxin Dosage
6When to Avoid Enzomac?
Do not Consume Enzomac if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Enzomac or any of its constituents.
- Coagulation disorders: In cases of patients with coagulation disorders.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Enzomac:
- Allergic reactions: try to avoid in cases of patients with allergic reactions
- Liver/ Kidney Impairment: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
Warnings When Taking Enzomac
- Always stop Enzomac 2 weeks prior to any surgical procedure as it may increase chances of bleeding during or after the surgery.
- There should be equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
Also Read: Krimson Price
8Side-Effects of Enzomac:
The side effects associated with Enzomac are:
- Nausea (common)
- Rashes (less common)
- Flatulence (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Enzomac?
- Enzomac is known to cause allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, breathing difficulty, swelling of face, lip and throat and loss of consciousness.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Enzomac on organs?
- Enzomac should used with caution in patients with liver or kidney impairment as Enzomac can affect the liver.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Enzomac. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Enzomac. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Enzomac
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Enzomac
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Amoxicillin (mild)
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Clopidogrel (mild)
- Tetracyclines (moderate)
3. Effects of Enzomac on Lab Tests
Enzomac does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Enzomac’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and coagulation disorders.
Q. Can I have Enzomac with alcohol?
No, alcohol consumption with Enzomac may cause undesirable effects. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Enzomac.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Enzomac when pregnant?
No, it is not advisable to consume Enzomac during pregnancy. Always inform the doctor before taking Enzomac in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Enzomac when feeding a baby?
Lactating mothers should not use it. The doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Enzomac?
Enzomac does not affect the ability to drive but one must avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
10Buyer’s Guide – Enzomac Composition, Variant and Price
|Enzomac Forte Tablet||Trypsin 96mg + Bromelain 180mg + Rutoside trihydrate 200mg||Rs. 398.00 for 10 tablets|
|Enzomac Plus Tablet||Trypsin 48mg + Bromelain 90mg + Rutoside trihydrate 100mg + Diclofenac 50mg||Rs. 193.00 for 10 tablets|
|Enzomac 5gm Ointment||Bromelain 25%w/w + Mupirocin 2%w/w||Rs. 126.60 for 1 pack|
|Enzomac CM 5ml Particles||Mupirocin 2%w/w + Metronidazole 1%w/w||Rs. 400.00 for 1 pack|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Myra Medicines | Netmeds
11Substitutes of Enzomac
The following are alternative drugs for Enzomac:
- Enzoheal Tablet:
- Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 187
- Enzomoov Tablet:
- Manufactured by Vasu Organics
- Price- Rs. 185.3
- Inflachek Tablet:
- Manufactured by Indoco Remedies
- Price- Rs. 186.3
- Actiheal Tablet:
- Manufactured by Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price- Rs. 187
Storage requirements for Enzomac
- Store the Enzomac tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature and keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Enzomac
Q. What is Enzomac?
Ans. Enzomac is a combinational drug that contains Bromelain, Rutoside and Trypsin as its main ingredient. Enzomac is used mainly to treat inflammatory conditions like dental abscess, swelling due to trauma etc.
Q. What are the uses of Enzomac ?
Ans. Enzomac is used mainly to treat inflammatory conditions like dental abscess, swelling due to trauma etc
Q. What are the side effects of Enzomac ?
Ans. The most common side effects of Enzomac are Nausea, Rashes, Flatulence
Q. How long does it take for Enzomac to show results?
Ans. The effect of Enzomac can be seen within 3-7 days of starting drug therapy.
Q. Should Enzomac be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Enzomac should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Enzomac make you drowsy?
Ans. No, Enzomac does not cause drowsiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Enzomac doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Enzomac should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Enzomac.
Q. Does Enzomac effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Enzomac safe for children?
Ans. Enzomac should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Enzomac?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Enzomac.
Q. Is Enzomac legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored By –