Table of Contents
- What is Estradiol?
- Uses of Estradiol
- How Does Estradiol Work?
- How to Take Estradiol?
- Estradiol Price in India
- Common dosage for Estradiol
- Precautions – When to Avoid Estradiol?
- Side-Effects of Estradiol
- Effects of Estradiol on Organs
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Effects/Results after Consuming Estradiol
- Storage Requirements about Estradiol
- Pro Tips When Taking Estradiol
- FAQs – Things to Know About Estradiol
- Is Estradiol addictive?
- Can I have Estradiol with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Estradiol when pregnant?
- Can I have Estradiol when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Estradiol?
- What happens if I overdose on Estradiol?
- What happens if I eat expired Estradiol?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Estradiol?
- When Was Estradiol Made?
What is Estradiol?
Estradiol is a medication which is also known as Oestradiol. It is a naturally occurring steroid hormone and is a bioidentical oestrogen. Estradiol is used as a common medication to treat menopausal hormone therapy and low sex hormones level.
Manufactured By – Cipla Ltd
Buy at Best Price: Netmeds Medicines
Uses of Estradiol
- For women, Estradiol is used to treat hormonal birth control.
- It is also used in hormone therapy for transgender women.
- Estradiol is used to treat cancers like prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women.
- It is also used in infertility and in breast development.
- Estradiol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia and hypogonadism.
Also Read: Hydrochlorothiazide Uses | Hydroxychloroquine Uses
How Does Estradiol Work?
Estradiol is used to decrease the amount of oestrogen produced so that the symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes and vaginal dryness get reduced.
How to Take Estradiol?
- Estradiol is taken orally with or without water.
- Swallow the tablet wholly. Do not crush, chew, break or dissolve it in water.
- Take it with food or after food so that you don’t have an upset stomach.
Estradiol Price in India
|Estradiol (Volume of 10-2mg)||Rupees 115.00|
Also Read: Duloxetine Price | Folic Acid Price
Common dosage for Estradiol
The dosage for various conditions such as menopausal symptoms, urethritis, osteoporosis, prostate cancer is between 1 and 2 mg per day. It needs to be taken orally.
Precautions – When to Avoid Estradiol?
While taking you should follow the following steps:
- Don’t delay or miss a scheduled meal or snack
- Don’t take Vancomycin along with other certain medications.
- Avoid consuming alcohol for initial days while taking Estradiol.
Side-Effects of Estradiol
Some reported side effects of Estradiol are:
- Scalp hair loss
- Breast pain, tenderness, swelling
- Irregular menstrual period
- Stomach cramps
- Mild headache or body pain
Effects of Estradiol on Organs
The oral therapy of Estradiol for prostate cancer may cause some liver and cardiovascular side effects.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
Do not take Estradiol with
- melatonin, etc. as it may cause severe side effects.
Effects/Results after Consuming Estradiol
Estradiol shows its effect after 2 or 4 days and will cause a full recovery when it is used for about 6 to 8 weeks.
Storage Requirements about Estradiol
Estradiol tablets can be stored in room temperature away from heat and moisture.
Pro Tips When Taking Estradiol
- Do not take Estradiol more than once in a day.
- Do not extend the dosage to more than the dose prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not abruptly stop taking Estradiol as it may cause negative effects on the body.
- Avoid alcohol and certain recommended foods while taking Estradiol.
FAQs – Things to Know About Estradiol
Is Estradiol addictive?
Can I have Estradiol with alcohol?
No. Having Estradiol with alcohol will increase the oestrogen level.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid food items like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower.
Can I have Estradiol when pregnant?
Estradiol is not reported to have any side effects on mother or baby in the time of pregnancy.
Can I have Estradiol when feeding a baby?
There is no evidence that reports Estradiol causing any side effects during breastfeeding.
Can I drive after taking Estradiol?
You should avoid driving if you feel drowsy.
What happens if I overdose on Estradiol?
It would cause excessive vaginal bleeding, Headache, nausea and fluid retention.
What happens if I eat expired Estradiol?
It will not be effective but take advice from your doctor immediately as it may cause some serious side effects.
What happens if I miss a dose of Estradiol?
If you miss a dose of Estradiol take it as soon as you remember it within the next 12 hours. If you don’t, then just go back to your regular dosage.
When Was Estradiol Made?
Estradiol was made in the year 1933