Etilaam Composition – Etizolam 0.5 MG
Manufactured By – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 49
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Etilaam?
Etilaam is an anti-anxiety drug used for managing anxiety disorder and for treatment of insomnia.
Manufactured By – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Myra Medicines offers | Practo offers
Uses Of Etilaam 0.5 MG Tablet
Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet can be used in the prevention, control, and treatment of the following diseases:
- Insomnia (inability to sleep)
- A tension headache
- Sleep disorders
- Panic attacks
Etilaam contains etizolam as it’s active ingredient.
How Does Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet Work?
Etilaam works by increasing the activity of a chemical messenger (GABA) which suppresses the abnormal and excessive activity of brain cells in the body.
Etilaam Prices in India
|Strip of 15 tablets of 0.5mg||Rs. 49|
Read More: Flurbiprofen Price | Longifene Price | Lorfast Price
How to Take Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet?
- Etilaam tablet is to be consumed orally, with or without food, usually once daily in the morning or evening.
- For ideal results, it should always be taken at a fixed time and at evenly spaced intervals (if taking more than 1 tablet in a day) to maintain a certain amount of drug in the body all the time.
- Etilaam tablets should not be used for the treatment of anxiety and insomnia on a long-term basis (not more than 3-4 weeks) as the effect of these medicines may become less over a period of time.
Common Dosage Of Etilaam
Common adult dosage for Etilaam is 0.5mg per day.
When to Avoid Etilaam 0.5 MG Tablet & Precautions To Take?
Etizolam 0.5 MG tablet should be avoided or used with caution in:
- Patients with allergy to any of its components
- Pregnant and breastfeeding patients
- Patients suffering from liver and kidney diseases
- Patients with a history of alcoholism and recreational drug abuse
- Bed ridden patients
- Patients suffering from glaucoma
Use of Etilaam should not be stopped abruptly because the drug shows withdrawal symptoms.
Side Effects Of Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet
Common side effects of Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet are –
- Muscle weakness
- Memory loss
- Skin rashes
- Blurring of vision
Read More: Fefol side effects | Flotral side effects | Flunarin side effects
What Are The Effects of Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet on Organs?
- Etilaam may impair liver and kidney functions.
- Etilaam may have an adverse effect on the cardiovascular system.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Allergic reactions to Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet are very rare.
Drug Interactions to be careful about?
You must inform your doctor if you frequently use other drugs that make you drowsy or sleepy, such as sleeping pills, other allergy drugs like Cetrizine, narcotic pain medicine, muscle relaxants, and drugs used for fits, depression, or anti-anxiety drugs. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet may interact with the following drugs and products:
- Ketoconazole, Itraconazole
Shows Effects/Results In
- Onset of action of Etilaam can be seen within 30-60 minutes of the oral dose.
- Duration of effect lasts for about 6-8 hours.
Storage Requirements for Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet.
- Do not consume this medicine at a dose higher or lesser than that prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly, taper off the doses slowly as per doctor’s instructions.
Is Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet addictive?
Yes. Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet must not be used for a period of more than 4 weeks or more as it can become habit forming. Also, the effects shown by the drug seem to reduce over a period of time when used for longer duration
Can I have Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet with alcohol?
No. Administration of Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet along with alcohol increases the risk of adverse effects associated with nervous system depression like excessive drowsiness and calmness, fall in blood pressure etc.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid taking grapefruit juice as it may have alcoholic content that can interact with Etilaam and cause adverse effects.
Can I have Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet when pregnant?
No, one should not consume Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet when pregnant.
Can I have Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet when feeding a baby?
No, one should not consume Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet when feeding a baby.
Can I drive after taking Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet?
No, one should not drive after taking Etilaam 0.5 MG tablet.
What happens if I overdose on Etilaam?
Seek medical attention upon overdosing of medicine.
What happens if I eat expired Etilaam?
No major side effect is seen upon consumption of a single dose of expired medicine. However, if you notice any severe side effects, immediately inform your doctor.
What happens if I miss a dose of Etilaam?
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose.
Read More: Deslor Tablet | Dramamine | Enuff 100mg Capsule