Table of Contents
- What is Etizola?
- Uses of Etizola
- How does Etizola work?
- How to take Etizola?
- Common Dosage for Etizola
- When to Avoid Etizola?
- Precautions While Taking Etizola
- Side-Effects of Etizola
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Etizola Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Etizola
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Etizola
- Authored by –
What is Etizola?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like depression, anxiety, panic attacks and sleep disorders. Memory loss, visual disturbances and changes in libido are the major side effects. It should be totally avoided in cases of glaucoma, liver and kidney diseases and allergic reactions to the drug.
Etizola Composition: Etizolam 0.5 mg.
Manufactured By: Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs. 49.00 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing.
Type of Drug: Antidepressant, Anxiolytic and Sedative.
Uses of Etizola
Etizola serves a great purpose in the prevention or treatment of the following conditions:
- Insomnia: Used in cases where the patient is not able to sleep (Insomnia).
- Panic Attacks: Used in cases patients suffering from panic attacks, as the drug helps the patient to calm down.
- Sleep Disorder: Used in cases of patients suffering from sleep disorder, where the patient is not able to have sound sleep and experiences disturbed sleep.
- Anxiety: Used in cases of patients suffering from anxiety as the drug helps to elevate the mood of the patient to calm them down.
- Depression: Used in cases of patients with depression and treats signs of depression.
- Tension Headache: Used in cases of patients with constant headache due to taking lot of stress and tension.
How does Etizola work?
- Etizola contains Etizolam as its active ingredient.
- Etizolam works by increasing the level of chemical messengers (GABA) that helps to regulate the mood and treats depression and anxiety.
How to take Etizola?
- Etizola is present in the form of tablets.
- Etizola tablet can be taken by mouth with a glass of water with or without food as food has no effect on its absorption.
- Etizola tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Etizola tablet should be taken with equal time interval between two doses.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Etizola
- Etizola dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per: Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common adult dose of Etizola is 0.25mg -0.5mg tablet 2-3 times a day or as stated by the doctor.
- Dose of Etizola is decided by the doctor depending on the severity of the condition.
- Long term use of Etizola for treatment of anxiety and insomnia for more than 3-4 weeks should be avoided as it leads to decreased effect of the medicine.
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
- It is not advisable to administer the drug to pediatric population without proper consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Etizola?
Overdose of Etizola can cause serious undesirable effects like confusion, drowsiness and hallucinations and can lead to complications in some cases.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Etizola?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Etizola?
Expired Etizola might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Etizola and till when does the effect of Etizola stays?
- The effects of Etizola can be seen within 30 minutes to 1 hour of oral administration of the drug.
- The average duration of action of Etizola can last up to 6-8 hours.
- Although, the time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual patient.
When to Avoid Etizola?
Do not Consume Etizola if:
- Pregnant/Lactating women: In cases of patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding their child.
- Renal impairment: In cases of patients with kidney (renal) impairment.
- Liver disease: In cases of patient with liver diseases or impairment.
- Allergy: In cases of patient hypersensitive/allergic to the drug or its component.
- Glaucoma: In cases of patients with glaucoma
- Alcoholic patients: In cases of chronic alcoholic patients.
- Bed ridden patients: In cases of bed ridden patients.
Precautions While Taking Etizola
- Kidney impairment: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney impairments.
- Pregnancy: Avoid use of Etizola in pregnant women as it is not considered safe.
Warnings When Taking Etizola
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Sudden withdrawal of the drug should be avoided; instead, the dose should be tapered before the complete withdrawal.
- The drug must be used with caution in patients with liver and renal impairment
Side-Effects of Etizola
The side effects associated with Etizola are:
- Visual disturbances (common)
- Changes in libido (common)
- Memory impairment (common)
- Headache (common)
- Dryness in mouth
- Fatigue (common)
- Uncoordinated body movements (less common)
- Loss of appetite (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Vertigo (less common)
- Fall in Blood pressure (common)
- Weakness of muscles (common)
- Slurred speech (common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Etizola?
- In case of any allergic signs like
- Breathing difficulty (less common)
- Swelling of face, lips (less common)
- Immediate medical help should be taken in case of any above signs appear.
What are the effects of Etizola on organs?
Etizola should used with caution in patients with liver and kidney impairment as it can affect the liver and kidneys. Dose modification is required in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Etizola. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Etizola. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Etizola
No food item is to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Etizola
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Itraconazole (moderate)
- Fluvoxamine (moderate)
- Clozapine (moderate)
- Cimetidine (moderate)
- Disulfiram (moderate)
- Alcohol (moderate)
- Carbamazepine (moderate)
3. Effects of Etizola on Lab Tests
Etizola does not affect any laboratory tests as such.
4. Etizola’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Renal impairment, glaucoma.
Q. Can I have Etizola with alcohol?
No, consuming alcohol with Etizola may cause drowsiness. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Etizola.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No food items are to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Etizola when pregnant?
Etizola should not be consumed during pregnancy as it is not safe for the developing foetus. The doctor should always be informed if you are pregnant or planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Etizola when feeding a baby?
No, lactating mothers should not consume Etizola unless absolutely necessary. Therefore, the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Etizola?
Etizola can cause drowsiness or sleepiness. Therefore, one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs after taking Etizola
Buyer’s Guide – Etizola Composition, Variant and Price
|Etizola Variants||Etizola Composition||Etizola Price|
|Etizola Plus 10mg Tablet||Etizolam 0.5mg + Escitalopram 10mg||Rs. 119.00 for 10 Tablets.|
|Etizola Beta 0.5mg Tablet||Etizolam 0.5mg + Propranolol 20mg||Rs. 62.50 for 10 tablets|
|Etizola 1mg Tablet||Etizolam 1mg||Rs. 72.50 for 10 tablets|
|Etizola Lite 10mg Tablet||Etizolam 0.25mg + Escitalopram10mg||Rs. 69.00 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy | Practo | Medlife Coupons
Substitutes of Etizola
The following are alternative drugs for Etizola:
- Ezolent 0.5mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Talent India.
- Price – Rs. 45.95
- Solopose MD 0.5mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Mankind Pharma
- Price – Rs. 49.5
- Lam ET 0.5mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Tas Med India Pvt Ltd
- Price – Rs. 46.5
- Etilaam 0.5mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Price – Rs. 54.5
Storage requirements for Etizola
- Store the Etizola tablet at a dry, moisture free place away from direct heat or sunlight at room temperature.
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Etizola
Q. What is Etizola?
Ans. Etizola is a single component drug that contains Etizolam as its main active ingredient. It is being used in cases of depression, anxiety and panic attacks
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Etizola to show results?
Ans. The effect of Etizola depends on the condition being treated.
Q. Should Etizola be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Etizola should not be taken empty stomach.
Q. Does Etizola make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Etizola does cause drowsiness/sleepiness but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Etizola doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Etizola should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Etizola.
Q. Does Etizola effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Etizola safe for children?
Ans. Etizola is not to be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Etizola?
Ans. Any kidney disease or allergic reactions and glaucoma are to be taken into consideration before taking Etizola.
Q. Is Etizola legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored by –