Table of Contents
- What is Etoshine 90?
- Uses of Etoshine 90
- How does Etoshine 90 work?
- How to take Etoshine 90?
- Common Etoshine 90 Dosage
- When to Avoid Etoshine 90?
- Precautions While Taking Etoshine 90
- Side-Effects of Etoshine 90:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Etoshine 90 Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Etoshine 90
- FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Etoshine 60
- Authored by –
1What is Etoshine 90?
Used mainly to prevent or treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain etc. (back pain, osteoarthritis). Fluid retention and High Blood Pressure are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of severe heart diseases, allergic reactions and gastric ulcers.
Etoshine 90 Composition: Etoricoxib 90mg
Manufactured By: Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription: Required as it belongs to Schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs. 97.50 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: NSAID + Analgesic
2Uses of Etoshine 90
Etoshine 60 is used to treat the following conditions:
- Back pain: Used to treat back pain.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Used in cases of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Osteoarthritis: Used in cases of Osteoarthritis.
- Gouty Arthritis: Used in cases of Gouty Arthritis.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Used in cases of psoriatic arthritis.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis: Used in cases of ankylosing spondylitis.
- Musculoskeletal Pain: Used in cases of musculoskeletal pain.
3 How does Etoshine 90 work?
- Etoshine 90 contains Etoricoxib as its active main ingredient.
- Etoricoxib is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain and other signs of inflammation.
- It works by inhibiting the COX (Cyclo oxygenase) enzymes which further blocks prostaglandin secretion.
- Prostaglandins are accountable for producing inflammatory signs and inhibition of prostaglandin aids in providing relief from the symptoms.
4 How to take Etoshine 90?
- Etoshine 90 is usually available in the form of tablets.
- Etoshine 90 Tablet is taken by mouth with a glass of water with or without food but should be taken after food to prevent any potential gastric irritation the drug might cause when taken empty stomach.
- Etoshine 90 Tablet should never be chewed or crushed. It should be swallowed as a whole.
- Etoshine 90 Tablet should be taken with an equal time interval between two doses if more than one dose a day is prescribed.
- It is advisable to go through the pack insert properly before consuming the drug to have a better understanding of the drug.
5 Common Etoshine 90 Dosage
- Etoshine 90 dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- The common Adult dose of Etoshine 90 Tablet is a single tablet of 60mg once a day or maximum to 120mg or as prescribed by the doctor depending on the severity of the condition being treated.
- It is not recommended to be administered to children without pediatric consultation
- Dose alteration should be avoided without proper medical consultation.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Etoshine 90?
An overdose of Etoshine 90 can cause undesirable effects like gastrointestinal or cardio-renal events and can also lead to complications in a few cases. Therefore, strictly adhere to the prescribed dose and seek medical help immediately in case of any symptoms of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Etoshine 90?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug
Q. What happens if I eat expired Etoshine 90?
Consuming expired Etoshine 60 tablet might not exhibit desirable effects or any side effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Etoshine 90 and till when does the effect of Etoshine 90 stays?
- The effect of Etoshine 90 can be seen within 30minutes of oral administration of the drug.
- Time is taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Also Read: Flagyl 400 Dosage | Femilon Dosage | Febrex Plus Dosage
6 When to Avoid Etoshine 90?
Do not Consume Etoshine 90 if:
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to Etoshine 90 or any other NSAIDs or any of its constituents.
- Gastric bleeding: In cases of patients with a history of gastric ulcer, bleeding or perforations as it can cause swelling and bleeding of stomach, colon or anus.
- Heart diseases: In cases of patients with heart diseases.
- Reactions to NSAIDs: In cases of patients with experience of nasal polyp and allergic reactions after taking Etoshine 90.
- Liver/ Kidney impairment: In cases of patients with liver disease and kidney disease or impairment.
7Precautions While Taking Etoshine 90
- Liver/ Kidney diseases: Dose alteration may be required by the physician in patients with kidney, heart or liver impairments.
- GI lesions: Etoshine 90 should be used with extra caution in patients with a history of gastrointestinal lesions.
Warnings When Taking Etoshine 90
- There should be the equally spaced time interval between two doses.
- Avoid prolonged use in patients with heart disease as it can lead to increased chances of heart attack.
- Always consume the tablet with or after meals to prevent any gastric irritation.
Also Read: Flexon MR Precautions | EVION 400 Precautions | EVION LC Precautions
8 Side-Effects of Etoshine 90:
The side effects associated with Etoshine 90 are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Abdominal pain (less common)
- Diarrhoea (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Indigestion (common)
- Upper respiratory infection and urinary tract infection (less common)
- Constipation (less common)
- Cough and breathlessness (less common)
- Blurred vision and ringing sensation in the ear (less common)
- Altered taste sensation (less common)
- Confusion and hallucinations (rare)
- Fluid retention (common)
- Edema (less common)
- Hypersensitivity Reactions (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Etoshine 90?
- Etoshine 90 is known to cause an allergic reaction with symptoms like rashes, itching, swelling of face and neck.
- In case of any such signs, immediate medical help should be taken.
What are the effects of Etoshine 90 on organs?
- Etoshine 90 should be used with caution in patients with liver impairment as it can affect the liver.
- The maximum dose of only 90mg is allowed to be given in patients with mild to moderate liver dysfunction.
- Etoshine should not be administered to patients with kidney impairment.
9Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Etoshine 90. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Etoshine 90. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Etoshine 90
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Etoshine 90
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- ACE Inhibitors (mild)
- Aspirin (moderate)
- Beta-blockers (moderate)
- Corticosteroids (mild)
- Fluconazole, Ketaconazole (mild)
- Lithium (moderate)
- Loop diuretics (mild)
- Methotrexate (moderate)
- Oral contraceptives
- Prostaglandin analogues (moderate)
- Rifampicin (mild)
- Thiazide diuretics (mild)
- Warfarin (mild)
3. Effects of Etoshine 90 on Lab Tests
Etoshine 90 does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Etoshine 90’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases and gastric ulcer.
Q. Can I have Etoshine 90 with alcohol?
No, it is advisable to avoid alcohol consumption while on Etoshine 90 therapy. The doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Etoshine 90.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item is to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Etoshine 90 when pregnant?
No, it is not safe to consume during pregnancy as animal studies have shown harmful effects on foetus. Always inform the doctor before taking Etoshine 60 in cases of pregnancy or if you’re planning to conceive.
Q. Can I have Etoshine 90 when feeding a baby?
No, it is not safe to administer Etoshine 90 tablet to Lactating mothers as its excretion in human milk is not known. Always inform the doctor about the case.
Q. Can I drive after taking Etoshine 90?
It is safe to drive after consuming Etoshine 90 tablet but one should avoid driving or operating heavy machinery if drowsiness or dizziness occurs.
Also read: Flexura D Side Effect | Flunarizine Side Effect
10 Buyer’s Guide – Etoshine 90 Composition, Variant and Price
|Etoshine Variants||Etoshine Composition||Etoshine Price|
|Etoshine 90mg Tablet||Etoricoxib 90mg||Rs. 117 for 10 tablets|
|Etoshine 120mg Tablet||Etoricoxib 120mg||Rs. 150 for 10 tablets|
|Etoshine MR Tablet||Etoricoxib 60mg + Thiocolchicoside 4mg||Rs. 192 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get 20% Minimum Discount from: Pinhealth Medicines | Practo Medicines
11Substitutes of Etoshine 90
The following are alternative drugs for Etoshine 60:
- Etoxib 90mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Unichem.
- Price – Rs. 125.17
- Ect 90mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Icon Lifesciences.
- Price – Rs. 103
- Retoz 60mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 115.50
- Etody 90mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Abbott.
- Price – Rs. 147.50
Storage requirements for Etoshine 90
- Store the Etoshine 90 tablet at a dry place away from direct heat or sunlight at temperature below 25O
- Keep it at a place away from children’s reach.
12FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Etoshine 60
Q. What is Etoshine 90?
Ans. Etoshine 90 is a unicomponent drug. Etoricoxib is a Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) with analgesic (Pain reliever) and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used mainly to treat signs of inflammation like redness, swelling, pain, etc. and conditions like the pain of osteoarthritis
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Etoshine 60 to show results?
Ans. The effect of Etoshine 90 can be seen within 30 minutes of oral administration of the drug and the time taken by the drug to show the desired effects may vary with every individual patient.
Q. Should Etoshine 90 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Etoshine 90 should not be taken empty stomach to prevent any potential stomach upset.
Q. Does Etoshine 90 make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Etoshine 90 may cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Etoshine 90 doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Etoshine 90 should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken.
And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Etoshine 90.
Q. Does Etoshine 90 effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Etoshine 90 safe for children?
Ans. Etoshine 90 should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Etoshine 90?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Etoshine 90.
Q. Is Etoshine 90 legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
13Authored by –