Table of Contents
- 1 What is Euthyrox?
- 2 Uses of Euthyrox
- 3 How does Euthyrox work?
- 4 How to Take Euthyrox?
- 5 Common Dosage for Euthyrox
- 6 When to Avoid Euthyrox?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Euthyrox
- 8 Side-Effects of Euthyrox
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Euthyrox Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
- 11 Substitutes of Euthyrox
- 12 FAQs – 13 Important Questions Answered about Euthyrox
1What is Euthyrox?
The name of this medication is Euthyrox tablet. It is manufactured by merck group. It is similar to the composition of the hormones produced by the thyroid gland in the body. This medicine can be used to treat disorders of the thyroid gland. This medication can be used in the treatment of hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is a disorder in which the thyroid gland is unable to produce adequate amount of hormones. Therefore hormonal deficiency is created. It is a schedule h drug.
Euthyrox Composition – synthetic form of levothyroxine
Manufactured By – merck group
Prescription –it not Available as OTC, it requires a doctor’s prescription.
Form – the forms available for this medication are oral capsules, tablets and injection powder for solution. However the most commonly used form is the tablet one.
Price – Rs.103
Expiry/Shelf Life – 24 months
Type of Drug –thyroid medication