The one product that can instantly transform your look but comes with its own fair share of application problems is eyeliner. If you are new to the world of eyeliners and craving for a little guidance, read below to figure out which eyeliner will work best for you:
- Easier to work with as compared to other options
- Need to be sharpened which leads to product wastage
- Glide on easily
- Twist up mechanism also available to avoid product wastage
- Some formulas allow for usage on waterline also
Pro tip: Choose a pencil eyeliner with a creamy formula so that there’s no tugging on your eyelids.
Shop them: Faces Canada long wear eyepencil, Available on Jabong store | Lakme Absolute forever silk eye liner, Available on Jabong.com | Colorbar I Glide eye pencil, Available on Flipkart store
- Difficult to work with, for beginners
- Take time to dry
- Take a lot of practice
- Perfect for sharp lines
- Can flake by mid-evening if the formula isn’t top notch
Pro tip: Ensure that the bristles of the liquid eyeliner are tightly packed to achieve a neat finish. Also, go for a shorter length in handle to make your work easier.
Shop them: Maybelline hyper glossy liquid eyeliners, Available on Amazon store | Lakme Absolute gloss artist, Available on Flipkart.com | Sugar Eye Told You So! SmudgeProof Eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com
- Combine the texture of a liquid eyeliner and comfortof a pencil eyeliner
- Low chances of messing up with the thin and flexible tip
- Should be stored upside down to prevent it from drying out
- Prone to smudging and fading
Pro tip: Line using pencil liner first and then, go over it with a pen eyeliner to increase the staying power.
Shop them: Lakme Absolute precision liquid eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com | Maybelline New York Colossal pen eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com | CAL Los Angeles draw me sketch eye liner, Available on Flipkart.com | L’oreal Paris super liner blackbuster, Available on Flipkart.com
- To be used with an eyeliner brush
- Highly pigmented
- Serve as a great base for dark smokey eyes
- Stays for long
- Formula prone to drying
- To be stored upside down
Pro tip: If you like a thick line, choose a thick brush. Similarly, a thin brush will create thin lines. For the most accurate application, go with a bent liner brush.
Shop them: Maybelline lasting drama gel eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com | L’oreal Paris super line 24h waterproof gel eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com | Real Techniques eyeliner starter set, Available on Flipkart.com | Megaga eyeliner brush, Available on Flipkart.com
- Made using natural ingredients
- Protect against infections and harsh rays of sun
- To be used on waterline
- Prone to smudging by mid-day because of natural ingredients
- Ideal for tight-lining
Pro tip: To create smokey eyes using just kohl, warm the tip with a lighter and then, smudge. It will be much easier.
Shop them: Catrice kohl kajal, Available on Flipkart.com | Chambor smokey eyes intense kohl, Available on Flipkart.com | L’oreal Paris color riche le kohl, Available on Amazon.in
- For the experts
- Meant to achieve a wet, intense look
- To be used with a damp eyeliner brush
- Take time to dry
- Long lasting
Pro tip: Depending on the look you are aiming for, you can easily adjust the intensity with the right amount of pressure.
Shop them: Coloressence cake eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com | Meilin cake eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com | Stargazer cake eyeliner, Available on Flipkart.com
Happy drawing ^_^