Table of Contents
- What is Evion 400?
- Uses of Evion 400
- How does Evion 400 work?
- How to take Evion 400?
- Common Dosage for Evion 400
- When to Avoid Evion 400?
- Precautions While Taking Evion 400
- Side-Effects of Evion 400
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- Buyer’s Guide – Evion 400 Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Evion 400
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Evion 400
What is Evion 400?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like Neuropathies, skin and hair damage repair and improvement in cholesterol & hormonal balance. Nausea and mild dizziness are one of the usual side effects of Evion 400 when consumed in more than the recommended dose. Evion 400 should never be used in cases of liver and heart diseases and also in cases of diabetes mellitus.
Evion 400 Composition: Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) 400mg + Methylparaben and Propylparaben (Preservative in capsule)
Manufactured By: Merck Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as Over the Counter Drug (OTC)
Form: Capsules creams and suspensions.
Price: Rs 24.58 for 10 capsules
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin Supplement
Uses of Evion 400
Evion 400 is used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like:
- Prevention of free radicals: Fights free radical and disease prevention.
- Hair and skin damage: Repairs damaged skin and thicken hair
- Hormonal imbalance: Balances hormones and cholesterol
- Vision problem: Helps to improve the vision
- Cancer prevention: Lowers cancer development risk
- Pregnancy: Improves physical endurance and helps in the growth of foetus during pregnancy.
- Debilitating diseases: Used to improve the condition of patients with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- Neuropathy: To treat nerve damage (Neuropathies) due to chemotherapy.
- Fertility problems: To help male patients with infertility
- Bleeding problems: To prevent bleeding in the skulls of premature infants.
- Cystic fibrosis: To treat cystic fibrosis (inability of the body to absorb fat-soluble vitamins)
- Hypertension: To treat hypertension as an adjunct therapy
- Others: Used to treat conditions like Fibrocystic Breast disease & Dyspraxia (a movement disorder).
Also read about other medicine's: Etoshine 90 | EVION LC
How does Evion 400 work?
- Evion 400 contains a synthetic form of Vitamin E i.e. Tocopheryl Acetate.
- Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin and it reacts with the free radicals responsible for causing oxidative damage to the cells.
- Vitamin E also prevents further formation of free radicals and works by slowing down the damage process.
How to take Evion 400?
- Evion 400 is usually available in capsule form.
- Evion 400 capsule is a gelatin capsule usually taken by mouth with a glass of water with or without food.
- It should be taken at fixed evenly spaced time intervals between two doses for effective results.
- Evion 400 capsule should be swallowed as a whole instead of crushing or chewing it.
- Evion 400 can also be opened and mixed with creams and moisturizers for better skin results
- Complete dose/therapy as prescribed by the doctor should be taken.
- It is advisable to go through the drug leaflet available in the packet insert.
Common Dosage for Evion 400
- The dosage of the drug can be decided by the doctor as per the Weight, Age, Mental status of the patient, Severity of the condition being treated
- Common Adult dose 1 capsule daily, unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Consult a Pediatrician before administering to children below 6 years of age
- Prolonged use or dose alteration should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Pack insert should be read thoroughly if using Evion 400 as an Over the counter drug.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Evion 400?
An overdose of any drug may increase the chances of serious side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose of the drug and immediately consult the medical team in case of any signs of drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Evion 400?
One should consume the missed dose as soon as he/she remembers but try to avoid taking the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose as it may lead to a drug overdose.
Missing a dose is not recommended and one should strictly adhere to the dosing schedule.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Evion 400?
A single dose of expired Evion 400 is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Evion 400 and till when does the effect of Evion 400 stay?
- Effects/result depends on the condition being treated.
- The complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
- The onset of action and relief in symptoms vary with every patient and condition being treated.
When to Avoid Evion 400?
Do not Consume Evion 400:
- Heart diseases: In cases of a known history of heart diseases like stroke.
- Liver disorders/ diseases: In cases of a known history of kidney/hepatic dysfunction or any severe active liver disease.
- Diabetes mellitus: In cases of patients with diabetes mellitus
- Cancer: In cases of known history or current head and neck cancer
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to any of its constituents
- Post-surgical cases: In cases after angioplasty as it can interfere with the healing process, consult the doctor in such cases.
- Bleeding disorders: In cases of bleeding disorders
- Eye Disorders: In cases of eye disorder like Retinitis Pigmentosa
Precautions While Taking Evion 400
- Allergic reactions: In case of an allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.
- Dose Alteration: Dose alteration without medical consultation should be avoided.
- Diabetes mellitus: Evion 400 should be used with caution in a patient with diabetes mellitus and only if necessary.
Warnings When Taking Evion 400
- It is advisable to add natural food which is rich in vitamin E like cereals, vegetable oil, eggs, fruits and wheat germ oil to the daily diet.
- Always inform the doctor about any concomitant medication you are taking at the present time.
Also Read: Flexon MR Dosage | Flexura D Dosage | Flunarizine Dosage
Side-Effects of Evion 400
The side effects associated with Evion 400 used for different treatments are:
- Loose stools – common
- Nausea – common
- Headache – Less common
- Dizziness – Less common
- Blurred vision – Less common
- Weakness – Less common
- Stomachache – Less common
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Evion 400?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Evion 400 are:
- Itching on skin – less common
- Swelling of eyes, face, lips, mouth or tongue – less common
- Rashes – less common
What are the effects of Evion 400 on organs?
Evion 400 is not known to have any adverse effects on organs when taken in the appropriate dose.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
A patient should be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Evion 400. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Evion 400. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Evion 400
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Evion 400
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Warfarin (Mild)
- Niacin (Moderate)
- Cyclosporine (Mild)
- Oral contraceptive pills (Mild)
- Clopidogrel (Moderate)
- Colesevelam (Mild)
- Aspirin (Mild)
- Tipranavir (Mild)
- Heparin (Mild)
- Ferrous fumarate (Mild)
3. Effects of Evion 400 on Lab Tests
No particular lab tests are affected by Evion 400 but it is advisable to consult your treating doctor before going for any lab investigation
4. Evion 400’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Liver and heart disorders.
Q. Can I have Evion 400 with alcohol?
No, as consuming alcohol with Evion 400 can increase the risk of side effects.. The doctor should be consulted before consuming alcohol with Evion 400.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided while consuming Evion 400.
Q. Can I have Evion 400 when pregnant?
Yes, no adverse effects on foetus are reported yet the doctor should always be informed in case of pregnancy or plans of conceiving.
Q. Can I have Evion 400 when feeding a baby?
Yes, it is safe to consume Evion 400 for lactating mothers. The doctor should still be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Evion 400?
It may cause dizziness or drowsiness in some cases. And in such cases, one should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Also Read: Febrex Plus Precautions | Femilon Precautions | Flagyl 400 Precautions
Buyer’s Guide – Evion 400 Composition, Variant and Price
|Evion 400 Variants||Evion 400 Composition||Evion 400 Price|
|Evion 200||Tocopheryl Acetate 200 mg||Rs. 14.41 for 10 capsules|
|Evion 400||Tocopheryl Acetate 400 mg||Rs. 24.58 for 10 capsules|
|Evion 600||Tocopheryl Acetate 600 mg||Rs. 35.42 for 10 capsules|
|Evion 20 gm Cream||Tocopheryl Acetate (1%w/w) and Aloe Vera||Rs. 58.15 for 1 pack|
|Evion 15ml Drops||Vitamin E 50mg||Rs. 9.70 for 1 pack|
Buy Here: Pharmeasy Coupon Codes | 1MG Coupon Codes | Medlife Coupon Codes | Netmeds Coupons
Substitutes of Evion 400
The following are alternative drugs for Evion 400:
- Elvitamin 400mg Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Elder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Price – Rs. 65
- New EEE 400mg Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Price – Rs. 180
- Evillin 400mg Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Le Meridian Healthcare
- Price – Rs. 72
- Enu 400mg Capsule:
- Manufactured by – German Remedies.
- Price – Rs. 89
Storage requirements for Evion 400
- Store the drug protected from light, moisture and direct heat at a cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze the medication.
- Keep at a place where it is out of reach of children.
FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Evion 400
Q. What is Evion 400?
Ans. Evion 400 is a synthetically derived drug which contains Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) as its main active ingredient. Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) is an antioxidant and is essential in providing nutrition to the body and helps the body to perform various daily activities. Dietary deficiency of vitamin E is rare but people with genetic disorders and low birth weight infant are at increased risk.
Vitamin E is naturally found in food sources like oils, wheat germ, nuts, grains and fruits.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Evion 400 to show results?
Ans. Evion 400 shows its effect in a few days of therapy. Effects/result depends on the condition being treated.
The complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
Q. Should Evion 400 be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. It can be taken empty stomach.
Q. Does Evion 400 make you drowsy?
Ans. Evion 400 might cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Evion 400 Tablets?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Evion 400 toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to complete the whole prescribed dose of Evion 400 even if the symptoms disappear.
One should never stop Evion 400 without consulting with the doctor.
Q. Does Evion 400 affect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consults the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Evion 400 safe for children?
Ans. Evion 400 should only be administered to paediatric population if recommended by the paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Evion 400?
Ans. Any liver and kidney disorders or bleeding disorders are to be taken into consideration before taking Evion 400
Q. Is Evion 400 legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.