Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Evion LC?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Evion LC?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Evion LC?
- Q. What is the onset time of Evion LC?
- Q. Till When Does the Effect of Evion LC Stay?
- Warnings When Taking Evion LC
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Evion LC?
- What are the effects of Evion LC tablets on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Evion LC
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Evion LC
- 3. Effects of Evion LC on Lab Tests
- 4. Evion LC’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Evion LC with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Evion LC when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Evion LC when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Evion LC?
- Storage requirements for Evion LC
- Q. What is Evion LC?
- Q. What are the uses of Evion LC?
- Q. What are the side effects of Evion LC?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Evion LC to show results?
- Q. Should Evion LC be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Evion LC make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Evion LC Tablets?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Evion LC effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Evion LC safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Evion LC?
- Q. Is Evion LC legal in India?
What is Evion LC?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like Neuropathies, skin and hair damage repair and improvement in cholesterol & hormonal balance. Nausea and mild dizziness are one of the usual side effects of Evion LC when consumed in more than the recommended dose. Evion LC should never be used in cases of liver and heart diseases and also in cases of diabetes mellitus.
Evion LC Composition: Vitamin E 200mg + Levocarnitine 150mg
Manufactured By: Merck Ltd
Prescription: Not required as it is available as Over the Counter Drug (OTC)
Form: Tablets, capsules, creams, and suspensions.
Price: Rs 38.96 for 10 Tablets
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Vitamin Supplement
Uses of Evion LC
Evion LC is used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like:
- Prevention of free radicals: Fights free radical and disease prevention.
- Hair and skin damage: Repairs damaged skin and thickens hair
- Hormonal imbalance: Balances hormones and cholesterol
- Vision problem: Helps improving the vision
- Cancer prevention: Lowers cancer development risk
- Breast disease: Used to treat conditions like Fibrocystic Breast disease
- Pregnancy: Improves physical endurance and helps in growth of foetus during pregnancy.
- Debilitating diseases: Used to improve condition of patients with Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease
- Neuropathy: To treat nerve damage (Neuropathies) due to chemotherapy.
- Fertility problems: To help male patients with infertility
- Bleeding problems: To prevent bleeding in skulls of premature infants.
- Cystic fibrosis: To treat cystic fibrosis (inability of body to absorb fat soluble vitamins)
- Hypertension: To treat hypertension as an adjunct therapy
- NASH: Used in cases of Non Alcoholic Steato hepatitis
- Movement disorder: Used to treat and manage Dyspraxia (movement disorder).
Also Read about other medicine's: Febrex Plus | Femilon
How does Evion LC work?
- Evion LC contains synthetic form of Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate) and Levocarnitine.
- Evion LC shows its antioxidant property and prevents release of free radicals in the body.
- Vitamin E is a fat soluble vitamin and it reacts with the free radicals responsible for causing oxidative damage to the cells.
- Vitamin E also prevents further formation of free radicals and works by slowing down the damage process and prevents occurrence of various diseases.
How to Take Evion LC?
- Evion LC can aggravate liver and kidney disease, if administered to patients with liver and kidney impairment without proper caution and dose modification.
Common Dosage for Evion LC
- The dosage of the drug can be decided by the doctor as per the: Weight, Age, Mental status of the patient and Severity of the condition being treated
- Common Adult dose 1 tablet daily, unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Consult a Pediatrician before administering to children below 6 years of age
- Prolonged use or dose alteration should be avoided unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Pack insert should be read thoroughly if using Evion LC as an Over the counter drug.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Evion LC?
Ans. An overdose of any drug may increase the chances of serious side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to strictly adhere to the prescribed dose of the drug and immediately consult the medical team in case of any signs of drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Evion LC?
Ans: One should consume the missed dose as soon as he/she remembers but try to avoid taking the missed dose if it’s time for the next dose as it may lead to a drug overdose. Missing a dose is not recommended and one should strictly adhere to the dosing schedule.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Evion LC?
Ans. A single dose of expired Evion LC is very unlikely to cause an adverse event as it might have lost its efficacy and potency. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug and the doctor should be immediately consulted if one feels any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. What is the onset time of Evion LC?
- Effects/result depends on the condition being treated.
- Complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
- Onset of action and relief in symptoms vary with every patient and condition being treated.
- Effect of Evion LC tablet stays in the body for around two days and is excreted via urine.
Q. Till When Does the Effect of Evion LC Stay?
Ans. The effect of Evlon C stays in the body for around two days in the body and the metabolism of the drug happens in the kidney and excreted via urine.
When to Avoid Evion LC?
Evlon C must be avoided in the following conditions or situations :
- Heart diseases: In cases of known history of heart diseases like stroke.
- Liver or kidney disorders/ diseases: In cases of known history of kidney/hepatic dysfunction or any severe active liver disease.
- Diabetes mellitus: In cases of patients with diabetes mellitus
- Cancer: In cases of known history or current head and neck cancer
- Allergy: In cases of known allergy to any of its constituents
- Bleeding disorders: In cases of bleeding disorders and vitamin K deficiency.
- Eye Disorders: In cases of eye disorder like Retinitis Pigmentosa
Precautions While Taking Evion LC
- Allergic reactions: In case of any allergic reaction, seek medical help immediately.
- Dose Alteration: Dose alteration without medical consultation should be avoided.
- Diabetes mellitus: Evion LC should be used with caution inpatient with diabetes mellitus and only if necessary.
Warnings When Taking Evion LC
- It is advisable to add natural food which is rich in vitamin E like cereals, vegetable oil, eggs, fruits and wheat germ oil to the daily diet.
- Always inform the doctor about any concomitant medication you are taking at the present time.
- Avoid consuming extreme hot, spicy and oily food when consuming Evion LC to prevent acidity.
Also Read: EVION 400 Dosage | Etoshine 90 Dosage | Flagyl 400 Dosage
Side-Effects of Evion LC
The side effects associated with Evion LC used for different treatments are:
- Loose stools ( less common)
- Nausea (common)
- Headache (less common)
- Dizziness (less common)
- Blurred vision (less common)
- Weakness (less common)
- Stomachache (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Evion LC?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Evion LC are:
- Itching on the skin (less common)
- Swelling of eyes, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Rashes. (less common)
What are the effects of Evion LC tablets on organs?
Liver and Kidney diseases: For patients with pre-existing kidney and liver diseases, please administer Evlon C under proper supervision and clinical monitoring. Otherwise, medicine aggravates both kidney and liver disease.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
A patient should be careful of certain drug interactions when consuming Evion LC. These may span from certain food items to other medicines to some tests which should not be taken right after consuming Evion LC. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Evion LC
Hot, spicy and oily food items are to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Evion LC
All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must also inform about the herbal products that you are consuming. You must not modify the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Warfarin (Moderate)
- Cyclosporine (Mild)
- Clopidogrel (moderate)
- Colesevelam (Mild)
- Aspirin (Moderate)
- Tipranavir (Severe)
- Heparin (moderate)
- Ferrous fumarate (Mild)
- Carbonyl iron (moderate)
3. Effects of Evion LC on Lab Tests
No particular lab tests are affected by Evion LC but it is advisable to consult your treating doctor before going for any lab investigation
4. Evion LC’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
liver and heart disorders.
Q. Can I have Evion LC with alcohol?
Ans. No, as consuming alcohol with Evion LC can increase the risk of side effects.. The doctor should be consulted before consuming alcohol with Evion LC.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
Ans. Avoid hot, spicy and oily food and maintain a balanced diet with green vegetables and nutritious food.
Q. Can I have Evion LC when pregnant?
Ans. Yes, no adverse effects on foetus are reported yet the doctor should always be informed in case of pregnancy or plans of conceiving.
Q. Can I have Evion LC when feeding a baby?
Ans. Yes, it is safe to consume Evion LC for lactating mothers. The doctor should still be informed if you are breastfeeding your child.
Q. Can I drive after taking Evion LC?
Ans. It may cause dizziness or drowsiness in some cases. And in such cases, one should avoid driving if any dizziness or drowsiness occurs.
Evion LC Composition, Variant and Price – Buyer’s Guide
|Evion LC Variants||Evion LC Composition||Evion LC Price|
|Evion 200||Tocopheryl Acetate 200 mg||Rs. 14.41 for 10 capsules|
|Evion 600||Tocopheryl Acetate 600 mg||Rs. 35.42 for 10 capsules|
|Evion 20 gm Cream||Tocopheryl Acetate (1%w/w) and Aloe Vera||Rs. 58.15 for 1 pack|
|Evion 15ml Drops||Vitamin E 50mg||Rs. 9.70 for 1 pack|
Substitutes of Evion LC
The following are alternative drugs for Evion LC:
- NE C Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
- Price – Rs. 89.89
- Orsivit LC Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Orsim Pharmaceuticals.
- Price – Rs. 33.75
Storage requirements for Evion LC
- Store the drug protected from light, moisture and direct heat at cool and dry place.
- Do not freeze the medication.
- Keep at a place where it is out of reach of children
FAQs – 12 Important Questions Answered about Evion LC
Q. What is Evion LC?
Ans. Evion LC is a synthetically derived drug which contains Vitamin E and Levocarnitine as its main active ingredient. Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) and Levocarnitine are antioxidants and are essential in providing nutrition to the body and helps the body to perform various daily activities. Dietary deficiency of vitamin E is rare but people with genetic disorders and low birth weight infant are at increased risk.
Vitamin E is naturally found in food sources like oils, wheat germ, nuts, grains and fruits.
Q. What are the uses of Evion LC?
Ans. Evlon LC use is mainly used as a nutritional supplement and helps in the growth of hair, helps in enhancing vision, repairs damaged skin and enhances the immune system of the body. Evlon also reduces the risk of cancer by blocking harmful free radicals in the body.
Q. What are the side effects of Evion LC?
Ans. It’s major side effects include stomach pain, nausea, lethargy, headache, and dizziness. Other less common side-effects may also include loose motions, allergic reactions etc.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Evion LC to show results?
Ans. Evion LC shows its effect in a few days of therapy. Effects/result depends on the condition being treated. The complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
Q. Should Evion LC be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. It can be taken empty stomach.
Q. Does Evion LC make you drowsy?
Ans. Evion LC might cause drowsiness in a few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Evion LC Tablets?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 4-6 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Evion LC toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to complete the whole prescribed dose of Evion LC even if the symptoms disappear. One should never stop Evion LC without consulting with the doctor.
Q. Does Evion LC effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it does not affect the menstrual cycle but always consults the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Evion LC safe for children?
Ans. Evion LC should only be administered to paediatric population if recommended by the paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms/diseases that I should consider before taking Evion LC?
Ans. Any liver and kidney disorders or bleeding disorders are to be taken into consideration before taking Evion LC
Q. Is Evion LC legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.