Table of Contents
- Things to do in Dharamshala
- 10. Chill at tiny cafes
- 9. Go Shopping
- 8. Visit during a festival
- 7. Meditate at Gyuto Monastery
- 6. Rock climbing, ziplining and Flying Fox
- 5. Camping at Kareri Lake
- 4. Paragliding in Bir-Billing
- 3. Triund Trek
- 2. Watch a Cricket match at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium
- 1. Hanuman Tibba Expedition
- How to Book your travel using Paytm Bus coupons from CashKaro?
Dharamshala is one of the best locations to escape the summer heat. Located in the beautiful Kangra Valley, it is surrounded by lush green forests, meadows and snow-capped peaks, Dharamshala is home to the Tibetan refugee settlement. It has a number of monasteries, Buddhist temples, museums and other places of interest.
Ideal For: Friends, Family
Why Go There: Rich Cultural Heritage, Religious Spots, Pilgrimage
Best Time to Visit: Throughout the year
You can easily book your travel to and within Dharamshala using Paytm Bus bookings. You can also avail Paytm Bus coupons to get discounts on your bookings. If your bags are packed, here are the top 10 things you should do in Dharamshala:
Things to do in Dharamshala
10. Chill at tiny cafes
Dharamshala and a town near McLeodganj that is lined with charming little cafés. You can walk around to explore a place you like or you can visit some popular ones like:
- Café Budan
- Tibetan Mandala Café
- Shiva Café
Do try the Kangra tea and Tibetan food.
9. Go Shopping
Shop from various places like the Kotwali Bazaar, Tibetan Handicraft Center, Green Shop, Village Botique, Palaco Hand Made Crafts, Nowrojee & Sons etc.
What to buy: Antiques, Tibetan jewelry, precious stones, singing prayer bowl, prayer flags, carpets, wall hangings, figurines, dream catchers, leather diaries, chanting beads, lamps, other art and crafts.
8. Visit during a festival
Visiting a place during a fair or festival adds a zing to your tour. There are many festivals and fairs during which you can plan your trip to Dharamshala. Some prominent festivals are:
- Losar Festival – Tibetan New Year, February – March
- Tibetan Institute of Performing Arts Fair – April
- Kangra Valley Summer Festival (Tea exhibition & more) – May
- Drukpa Teshi ( Lord Buddha preached his first sermon to five disciples at Sarnath) – August – September
7. Meditate at Gyuto Monastery
The Gyuto Monastery was founded in 1474 in Tibet and specializes in tantric meditation, ritual arts and Buddhist philosophy. Visit this place to learn more or to forget about the chaos of the city through meditation.
6. Rock climbing, ziplining and Flying Fox
Try some exciting activities like rock-climbing, ziplining and flying fox when in Dharamshala. They’re thrilling and add a lot of fun to your usual site-seeing trip.
5. Camping at Kareri Lake
A trek to Kareri Lake is one of the most astounding experiences one can have while in Dharamshala. While the trek is beautiful, camping beside the lake is an amazing experience altogether. You can swim in the lake and relax, watch nature in its purest form or simply gaze at the sky.
4. Paragliding in Bir-Billing
Bir-Billing is one of the most scenic places for para-gliding. If you’ve always wished to soar high in the skies, this activity should not be missed.
3. Triund Trek
Triud is termed as the crown jewel of Dharamshala and a trek to this place is the most popular activity on every traveler’s bucket list. The hill offers a majestic view of the Dhauladhar mountain range on one side and Kangra Valley on the other. The trek is comparatively easy except for the last kilometer. The best times to take this trek is from March till May and from September till December.
2. Watch a Cricket match at the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium
Watching cricket in any other stadium in India is ordinary, but watching a match here is extra ordinary. It is situated at an altitude of 1, 457m above sea level. The ground makes for a picturesque view as it is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. This stadium is mostly used for Ranjhi Trophy and domestic matches.
1. Hanuman Tibba Expedition
This trek is on top of the list and is not for the faint hearted. If you are a serious adventure lover, only then can you take this trek to Hanuman Tibba. The pyramid peak rises at an elevation of 5860 m and the trekking level is very difficult.
Other places & things to explore:
How To Reach Dharamshala
Nearest Airport: Kangra Airport, Gaggal
Nearest Railway Station: Pathankot
Book A Cab
If you wish to commute using cabs when you’re in Dharamshala, book with the following companies to save money.
Where To Stay in Dharamshala
Udechee Huts | The Sojourn | Villa Paradiso Pink House | The Quartz
Other Useful Links When Booking A Bus:
How to Book your travel using Paytm Bus coupons from CashKaro?
- Visit CashKaro and sign in if you are an existing user, or sign up if you are a new user.
- Search for the Paytm Bus offers using the search bar.
- Select the offer as per your preference and click on Activate Cashback or copy coupon code if applicable.
- Book your bus from the landing page and make payment as usual. Do not forget to paste the coupon code copied. Your cashback will soon be added to your CashKaro account.