Amar Chitra Katha is a household name in India. It was in 1967 by Anant Pai, who wanted to spread awareness about Indian mythology started Amar Chitra Katha based on traditional Indian folk tales. Now, there are numerous comic series about epics, mythology, fables, humor, visionaries and much more. Along with Amar Chitra Katha, Anant Pai also launched Tinkle, a monthly magazine which is also quite popular in India.
Here are some facts about Amar Chitra Katha!
- There are over 400 different comics that are sold in more than 20 languages.
- Amar Chitra Katha has sold more than 100 million copies till date!
- Amar Chitra Katha was founded by Anant Pai after he noticed that Indian students could answer questions about Greek mythology but were unable to answer who Lord Rama’s mother was!
- The original comics were not in full color because of budget restrictions.
- There is a special edition of Mahabharata comic which is available in a 3 set piece having more than 1300 pages.
- Since 2007, the comics are sold under the banner of ACK media and they also have a website.
The simple and beautiful way of storytelling has been loved by kids all over India. It has also brought back awareness about Indian mythology. Bring home an Amar Chitra Katha today for your child!
Buy this magazine for exceptionally low prices at Magzter