Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Femilon?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Femilon?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Femilon?
- Q. Onset time of Femilon and till when does the effect of Femilon stay?
- Warnings When Taking Femilon
- Other rare side effects of Femilon Tablet (increased chances):
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Femilon?
- What are the effects of Femilon on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Femilon
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Femilon
- 3. Effects of Femilon on Lab Tests
- 4. Femilon’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Femilon with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Femilon when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Femilon when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Femilon?
- Storage requirements for Femilon
- Q. What is Femilon?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Femilon to show results?
- Q. Should Femilon be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Femilon make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Femilon doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Femilon effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Femilon safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Femilon?
- Q. Is Femilon legal in India?
1What is Femilon?
Used mainly to prevent or treat problems related to menstruation and as an oral contraceptive. Weight gain, water retention, and mood swings are the major and most common side effects. It should be totally avoided in patients with allergic history or heart and liver disorders.
Femilon Composition: Desogestrel 2 MG + Ethinyl Estradiol 0.02 MG
Manufactured By: Organon.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 230.00 for 21 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Hormonal Contraceptive