Table of Contents
- 1 What is Femilon?
- 2 Uses of Femilon
- 3 How does Femilon work?
- 4 How to take Femilon?
- 5 Common Dosage for Femilon
- 6 When to Avoid Femilon?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Femilon:
- 8 Side-Effects of Femilon
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Femilon Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Femilon
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Femilon
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Femilon?
Used mainly to prevent or treat problems related to menstruation and as an oral contraceptive. Weight gain, water retention, and mood swings are the major and most common side effects. It should be totally avoided in patients with allergic history or heart and liver disorders.
Femilon Composition: Desogestrel 2 MG + Ethinyl Estradiol 0.02 MG
Manufactured By: Organon.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 230.00 for 21 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Hormonal Contraceptive