Table of Contents
- 1 What is Femilon?
- 2 Uses of Femilon
- 3 How does Femilon work?
- 4 How to take Femilon?
- 5 Common Dosage for Femilon
- 6 When to Avoid Femilon?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Femilon:
- 8 Side-Effects of Femilon
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Femilon
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Femilon
- 9.3 3. Effects of Femilon on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Femilon’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Femilon with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Femilon when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Femilon when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Femilon?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Femilon Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Femilon
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Femilon
- 12.1 Q. What is Femilon?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Femilon to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Femilon be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Femilon make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Femilon doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Femilon effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Femilon safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Femilon?
- 12.10 Q. Is Femilon legal in India?
- 13 Authored by –
1What is Femilon?
Used mainly to prevent or treat problems related to menstruation and as an oral contraceptive. Weight gain, water retention, and mood swings are the major and most common side effects. It should be totally avoided in patients with allergic history or heart and liver disorders.
Femilon Composition: Desogestrel 2 MG + Ethinyl Estradiol 0.02 MG
Manufactured By: Organon.
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’.
Price: Rs 230.00 for 21 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Hormonal Contraceptive