Skip to Content
- What is Fesovit?
- Uses of Fesovit
- How does Fesovit work?
- How to take Fesovit?
- Fesovit Common Dosage
- When to Avoid Fesovit?
- Precautions While Taking Fesovit:
- Side-Effects of Fesovit:
- Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 1. Food Interactions with Fesovit
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Fesovit
- 3. Effects of Fesovit on Lab Tests
- 4. Fesovit interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Fesovit with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Fesovit when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Fesovit when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Fesovit?
- Buyer’s Guide – Fesovit Composition, Variant and Price
- Substitutes of Fesovit
- FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Fesovit
- Q. What is Fesovit?
- Q. What are the uses of Fesovit?
- Q. What are the side effects of Fesovit?
- Q. How long does it take for Fesovit to show results?
- Q. Should Fesovit be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Fesovit make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Fesovit doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Is Fesovit safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Fesovit?
- Q. Is Fesovit legal in India?
- Authored By –
1What is Fesovit?
It is predominantly used to prevent or treat Iron, Vitamin B12 deficiencies. Dark colored stools and bitter taste in mouth due to iron content in the drug is the common side effect. It should be totally avoided in case of allergic reactions or sensitive patients and in patients with gastric problems.
Fesovit Composition: Ferrous sulphate 150mg + Folic acid 1mg + Cyanocobalamin 15mcg + Nicotinamide 50mg + Pyridoxine hydrochloride 2mg.
Manufactured By: Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Required (also available as OTC)
Form: Capsules and Syrup
Price: Rs 145 for 30 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin and Multi mineral (Nutritional Supplement).