Fibator Composition – Atorvastatin (10mg) + Fenofibrate (145mg)
Manufactured By – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 190
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Fibator?
Fibator is a combination medicine used for the treatment of combined hyperlipidemia in patients with normal kidney and liver function.
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Netmeds Coupons | Medlife Coupons
Uses of Fibator
Fibator is prescribed for:
Combined hyperlipidemia- an increased amount of bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides and a decreased amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in the blood.
How does Fibator work?
- Fibator reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood.
- It also increases the natural lipid breakdown process with the help of the enzyme lipoprotein lipase which removes LDL and triglycerides from the blood and increases the levels of HDL.
Also Read: Kofarest Composition | Lobate Composition
How to take Fibator?
Fibator is administered orally in the form of tablet once daily, with or without food.
Price of Fibator in India
|Fibator, Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 179|
|Fibator 20, Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 259|
|Fibator 5, Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 124|
|Fibator LS, Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 163|
|Fibator EZ, Strip of 10 Tablets||Rs. 190|
Common dosage of Fibator
The recommended dose is 48-145 mg per day.
When to avoid Fibator & Precautions to take?
- Avoid using Fibator if you are allergic to it or any other inactive ingredients present along with it.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients with renal, gallbladder, liver diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- Fibator may cause an alteration in the blood sugar levels, especially in patients with diabetes mellitus. Muscle
- Fibator may cause muscle breakdown and rhabdomyolysis in some patients, a condition which can be fatal. Alcohol consumption
- Consuming alcohol while receiving this medicine may cause liver and kidney injuries.
- Not recommended for use in children and in patients recovering from a stroke since it may worsen the patient’s condition.
- Caution is advised while receiving this medicine due to the risk of a decrease in the hemoglobin, hematocrit, and white blood cell counts.
- Patients receiving anticoagulants need to be cautious due to the increased risk of excessive bleeding. Cognitive impairment
- Fibator may cause forgetfulness, memory loss, confusion, etc. in some patients. Also these effects are reversible and usually disappear once the medicine is discontinued.
Also Read: Encorate Precaution
Side Effects of Fibator
- Stuffy Nose
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
- Difficulty in falling or staying asleep
Effect on organs?
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Inflammation of the lining of the stomach, abdominal pain, Constipation, flatulence, upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea.
- Central nervous system reactions- Difficulty in sleeping, lack of energy and headache.
- Musculoskeletal reactions- Back pain, leg pain, joint pain, burning feet, and body ache, muscle pain, (rhabdomyolysis).
- Respiratory reactions- Breathing problem and runny nose.
- Other reactions- Abnormal liver function and numbness in legs and paradoxical decreases in HDL level.
Reported allergic reactions?
Allergic reactions may include:
- Trouble breathing
Drug interactions to be careful about?
Co-administration of Fibator with following drugs is not recommended:
- Hypoglycemic agents
- Fibator increases the number of hepatic LDL receptors on the cell-surface, enhancing uptake and catabolism of LDL.
- The anti-hypercholesteremic effect of this medicine is collective and may take up to 3 to 5 days to show its results.
Storage Requirements for Fibator
- Keep it in an air-tight container.
- Store it at 25°C temperature.
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
Pro Tips when taking Fibator
Maintain a strict exercise and diet regimen when receiving this medicine for the best possible effect.
Is Fibator addictive?
Can I have Fibator with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid grapefruit juice.
Can I have Fibator when pregnant?
Can I have Fibator when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Fibator?
What happens if I overdose on Fibator?
Overdose of Fibator may cause unusual symptoms. If experiencing any, call your doctor immediately.
What happens if I eat expired Fibator?
Expired Fibator may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safe side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Fibator?
If you miss a dose of Fibator, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.