Table of Contents
- 1 What is Flavospas?
- 2 Uses of Flavospas
- 3 How does Flavospas work?
- 4 Flavospas Price in India
- 5 How to take Flavospas?
- 6 Common Dosage of Flavospas
- 7 When to avoid Flavospas?
- 8 Drug interactions to be careful about
- 9 Precautions when taking Flavospas
- 10 Side Effects of Flavospas
- 11 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 12 What Are The Effects of Flavospas on Organs?
- 13 Shows Effects / Results in
- 14 Storage Requirements of Flavospas
- 15 Pro Tips
- 16 FAQs
- 16.1 Is Flavospas addictive?
- 16.2 Can I have Flavospas with alcohol?
- 16.3 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 16.4 Can I have Flavospas when pregnant?
- 16.5 Can I have Flavospas when feeding a baby?
- 16.6 Can I drive after taking Flavospas?
- 16.7 What happens if I overdose on Flavospas?
- 16.8 What happens if I eat expired Flavospas?
- 16.9 What happens if I miss a dose of Flavospas?
Flavospas Composition – Flavoxate (200mg)
Manufactured By – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 156.4
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What is Flavospas?
- Flavospas is a urinary tract antispasmodic which helps to relieve the symptoms like uncontrollable and frequent urination
- It is a smooth muscle relaxant which relaxes muscles of urinary bladder
- The active ingredient of flavospas is “Flavoxate hydrochloride” which is available in tablet form for oral administration
Manufactured By – Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Other variants and compositions
|Flavospas 200 mg Tablet||Flavoxate (200mg)|
|Flavospas O 200 mg/200 mg Tablet||Ofloxacin (200mg) + Flavoxate (200mg)|
Buy & Get 20% Off using Pharmeasy Promo Code | Myra Medicines Promo Code
Uses of Flavospas
It is used for:
- Muscle spasms in urinary tract
- Painful urination
- Excessive urination at night
- Inability to control urine flow
- Overactive urinary bladder
- Other urinary symptoms associated with genitourinary disorders (e.g., cystitis, prostatitis, urethritis)
How does Flavospas work?
Flavospas has a relaxant effect on smooth muscles through inhibition of phosphodiesterase, thereby reducing symptoms associated with bladder spasticity.
Flavospas Price in India
|Flavospas 200 mg Tablet – 10 Tablets||Rs 156|
|Flavospas O Tablet – 10 Tablets||Rs 164|
How to take Flavospas?
- Flavospas is administered orally in the form of tablets
- Flavospas tablet should be swallowed as a whole without crushing or chewing it
- Avoid taking empty stomach as it may lead to gastric side effects
Common Dosage of Flavospas
- Common dosage of Flavospas is 200 mg, 1 tab taken three times per day
- The dose can be reduced with improvement of symptoms
When to avoid Flavospas?
- Avoid taking Flavospas if you are allergic to it or to any other component present in it
- Flavospas is contraindicated in patients with esophagus problem, urinary blockage, bowel obstruction and stomach bleeding
Drug interactions to be careful about
Following drugs need to be avoided while taking Flavospas:
Precautions when taking Flavospas
- Caution is required if the patient has a history of enlarged prostate gland, urinary problems, increased eye pressure, heart, liver or kidney diseases or overactive thyroid
- Flavospas should be used with caution in elderly patients due to an increase in the risk of drowsiness and vision disturbances
- Usage of Flavospas may cause dizziness which is why it is not recommended to drive or perform activities involving alertness
- Avoid alcohol consumption as it can increase the risk of adverse effects
- Avoid going out in hot weather, there is a risk of heat stroke while using Flavospas
Side Effects of Flavospas
- Skin rash
- Dry mouth
- Blurred vision
- Fast heartbeat
- Stomach pain
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Symptoms of allergic reactions:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Increased eosinophil count
- Swelling on face, throat or hands
What Are The Effects of Flavospas on Organs?
- Gastrointestinal reactions- Nausea, vomiting and dry mouth
- Central Nervous System reactions- Fainting, headache, mental confusion, especially in elderly people, drowsiness and nervousness
- Cardiovascular reactions- Rapid heart rate and palpitations
- Ocular reactions- Increased eye pressure, blurred vision and visual disturbances
- Genitourinary reactions- Painful urination
Shows Effects / Results in
- Flavospas acts as a smooth muscle relaxant
- Its anticholinergic action reduces the low-level activity of smooth muscle in the bladder, improving retention
- The effect of the medicine can be observed within an hour after oral administration
Storage Requirements of Flavospas
- Keep it in an air-tight container
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture
- Keep it out of reach of children
- Safety and efficacy is not known in children under 12 years of age
- Avoid consuming alcohol and avoid driving while taking this medicine as dizziness is commonly observed with Flavospas
Is Flavospas addictive?
Can I have Flavospas with alcohol?
No as combination of alcohol and Flavospas may increase the risk of adverse effects like dizziness, lightheadedness etc.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Avoid taking fried foods.
Can I have Flavospas when pregnant?
Flavospas should be used in pregnancy when clearly needed.
Can I have Flavospas when feeding a baby?
It is not known whether flavospas is excreted in breast milk therefore it should only be consumed when the benefits outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Flavospas?
What happens if I overdose on Flavospas?
Overdosing of Flavospas may cause blurred vision, difficulty breathingnausea, restlessness, seizures or vomiting.
What happens if I eat expired Flavospas?
Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safer side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Flavospas?
If you miss a dose of Flavospas, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.