Table of Contents
- 1 What is Flaxseed Oil?
- 2 Natural Characteristics Of Flaxseed Oil
- 3 Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Health
- 4 Benefits of Flaxseed Oil For Hair
- 5 How To Apply Flaxseed Oil On Your Hair
- 6 Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Skin
- 7 How To Use Flaxseed Oil On Your Skin?
- 8 Side Effects & Precautions
- 9 Buy Flaxseed Oil
Your body needs extensive care to keep it healthy. Are you tired of your unhealthy lifestyle and frequent health issues? Well, you don’t have to be. You can use various oils to improve your health. Refined oils can have adverse effects on your body. Hence, it is best to use natural oils.
Flaxseed oil is known for its various health benefits and has many uses. You can apply it on your skin, add it in your salad or apply it on your hair for smooth and shiny hair.
What is Flaxseed Oil?
Flaxseed oil is a solvent extracted from a plant called Linum Usitassimum. The color of the oil depends on the methods of extraction. It is yellowish or colorless and is obtained from the dried or ripened seeds of the plant. It is also called ‘Linseed Oil’.
Natural Characteristics Of Flaxseed Oil
- It is rich in fatty acids like Omega-3, Omega-6 and Alpha-Linolenic acid
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Also has anti-oxidant properties
- It is rich in fibers
- It contains minerals like calcium, magnesium and phosphorous
- It is a natural laxative
- Is a natural moisturizer
Lemongrass oil has similar properties and characteristics. Hence, you can use it for numerous health, skin and hair benefits. Read about all the benefits of Lemongrass oil to know how it benefits your body.
Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Health
Reduces Body Weight
Flaxseed oil is rich in healthy and dietary fats. It helps you reduce your appetite by keeping your stomach full. The high fiber content improves your digestion that is essential for weight loss.
Prevents Cardiovascular Diseases
Regular consumption of Flaxseed oil reduces the risks of heart attacks. It helps in lowering your blood pressure and maintains the level of total cholesterol in your body. You can add it to your salad or take 2 tablespoon of flaxseed oil in the morning.
Flaxseed oil has potent anti-inflammatory properties due to its omega-3 acid content. It helps in reducing the harmful effects caused by chemical products by purifying your body from the irritants. You can consume Flaxseed oil daily (morning or evening) to improve your health.
How To Consume Flaxseed Oil?
- You can take 3 tablespoon of Flaxseed oil after your breakfast
- You can add it to your salad (2-3 tablespoon)
- You can add it to cooked vegetable
Benefits of Flaxseed Oil For Hair
Flaxseed oil is rich in vitamins and minerals that remove dandruff and flakiness from your scalp. It helps restore the moisture content of your hair. Regular application (twice a week) of flaxseed oil can reduce the microbial growth in your hair.
Promotes Hair Growth
Flaxseed oil has high omega-3 content that promotes hair growth. It reduces hair fall and dandruff which makes your good hair days last longer. You may mix the oil in your regular shampoo for best results.
Acts As A Hair Conditioner
Flaxseed oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the growth of microbes and head lice. It also retains the moisture content in your hair thereby, making your hair smooth and shiny. Massage your hair with Flaxseed oil twice a week.
Using Other Oils
There are various other oils you can use to enjoy all the benefits they have for your hair. For example, there are many benefits of Hibiscus oil for hair growth. Try and choose the oil that is most effective for you.
How To Apply Flaxseed Oil On Your Hair
There are two methods of Flaxseed Oil application-
- Overnight Oiling
- Oiling and shampooing
- First, dampen your hair so it absorbs the moisture along with the oil
- Make sure to comb your hair properly
- Start massaging your head with your fingertips
- Comb again with the broad side of the comb to evenly spread out the oil
- Leave your hair oiled overnight
- Shampoo the next day
Oiling and Shampooing
- Oil your hair an hour before bathing
- Soak your towel in warm water
- Wrap the towel around your hair
- Wait for 2-3 minutes
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times (soak and wrap the towel)
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo
Benefits Of Flaxseed Oil For Skin
Remedy For Skin Disorders
Flaxseed oil has anti-inflammatory properties that fights chronic skin disorders like rosacea, acne, dermatitis, etc. You can apply it on your skin (face, hands & neck) directly or mix it with your moisturizer. Also, you can drop 4-5 drops of oil on a cotton ball and dab it on your effected areas.
Retains Moisture Content Of Your Skin
Flaxseed oil is a natural moisturizer that retains the moisture content of your skin. Apply 2-3 drops of Flaxseed oil on your skin. You can also mix it with any carrier oil (like coconut oil) of your choice.
Regular application of Flaxseed oil on your face reduces wrinkles and premature signs of ageing. You can directly apply it on your skin (face, hands & neck) or mix it with any moisture or a carrier oil of your choice.
Also Read: Benefits of Onion Oil
How To Use Flaxseed Oil On Your Skin?
- Direct Application
- Add Flaxseed oil to a face pack or cream
- Take 4-5 drops of Flaxseed Oil on a cotton ball
- Dab it to your skin (hands, face & neck)
- Leave it overnight
- Wash your skin the next morning
Add Flaxseed Oil To A Face Pack Or Cream
- Take 4-5 drops of Flaxseed Oil
- Mix it with your face pack or cream
- Apply it on your skin
- Wash your skin (15-20 minutes) if you’ve applied a face pack
Check Out: Uses Of Mustard Oil
Side Effects & Precautions
Flaxseed Oil is a natural oil and it has no side effects. However, you should avoid over consumption or application of Flaxseed Oil. Also, do not heat the oil as it does not have a high smoke point and tends to emit harmful compounds when exposed to high heat.
Buy Flaxseed Oil
Now that you are well aware of the various uses and benefits of Flaxseed oil, you probably want to buy it. At CashKaro, we always strive towards helping buyers save as much money as they can when they shop offline. Hence, for your benefit we have combined a list of best retailers and brands that sell and make Flaxseed oil. Have a look: