Flunarin Composition – Flunarizine 10 MG
Manufactured By – Fdc Limited
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 45.9
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Flunarin?
Flunarin belongs to a group of drugs called “calcium channel blocker” and is primarily used in the prevention of a migraine. It is available in tablet form for oral administration.
Manufactured By – FDC Ltd
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Pharmeasy coupons | Myra Medicines coupons
Uses Of Flunarin Tablet
Flunarin tablet is used for:
- Prevention of migraine attacks
- Reduction of frequency and intensity of migraine attacks
- Prevention and treatment of vertigo
- Refractory epilepsy resistant to conventional anti-epileptic therapy
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Motion sickness
Read More: Deslor compositions | Dramamine composition | Enuff Composition
The active ingredient of Flunarin is “Flunarizine”.
How Does Flunarin Work?
Flunarin blocks the calcium channels thereby inhibiting entry of calcium into the cells and prevents cellular calcium overload. Thus, blood vessels relax, preventing the migraine attacks.
Flunarin Price in India
|Strip of 10 tablets of 10 mg||Rs. 45.9|
|Strip of 10 tablets of 5 mg||Rs. 21.72|
How to Take Flunarin Tablet?
- Flunarin is to be taken orally, with or without food.
- For ideal results, it should always be taken at a fixed time preferably bed time.
- Flunarin tablet should be swallowed as a whole without crushing, chewing or breaking it along with plenty of fluids.
Common Dosage Of Flunarin Tablet
- The recommended therapeutic dosage for Flunarin tablet in adults is 10mg once daily at night.
- For patients above 65years of age and children, 5 mg once daily dose of Flunarin is recommended.
- If the patient responds well to the above-mentioned treatment, then in the maintenance phase, a similar dose can be administered for 5 days in a week with 2 successive medicine free days every week.
- Maintenance phase therapy can be continued for up to 6 months if well-tolerated.
When to Avoid Flunarin Tablet & Precautions To Take?
- Do not take Flunarin if you are allergic to it.
- Do not take Flunarin tablet if you have Parkinson’s disease.
- Do not take Flunarin if you suffer from depression.
- Do not take Flunarin tablet if you have a partial/total bowel obstruction.
- Do not take Flunarin if you have a partial /total urinary obstruction.
- Use with caution in case you have glaucoma.
Side Effects Of Flunarin Tablet
Common side effects of Flunarin tablet include-
- Tingling or numbness of the hands and feet
- Twitching and unusual movement of muscles
- Increased appetite
- Weight gain
- Unusual Weakness
- Excessive sweating
Read More: Flurbiprofen side effects | Longifene side effects | Lorfast side effects
What Are The Effects of Flunarin Tablet on Organs?
- Flunarin may worsen renal (kidney) impairments.
- Flunarin tablet may worsen the condition in people suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
- Flunarin may cause depression, especially in elderly patients.
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Allergic reactions to Flunarin tablet have been reported. Symptoms include:
- difficulty in breathing
- severe skin rashes
- Swelling of face
Seek immediate medical attention in such cases.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About?
Flunarin tablet shows interactions with the following drugs –
- Ethinyl Estradiol
- Oral contraceptives
Shows Effects/Results In
- The onset of action of Flunarin tablet may take a few weeks as the effect of this medicine is cumulative.
- Duration of effect varies on the basis of intended use and form of administration.
Storage Requirements for Flunarin Tablet
- Store at room temperature, away from heat and direct sunlight.
- Keep away from the reach of children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Flunarin Tablet
- Flunarin should preferably be taken at bedtime to lessen the side effects.
- Flunarin tablet is not indicated for use in an acute migraine attack. It is used for prophylaxis measure to reduce the severity and incidence of migraine attacks.
Is Flunarin tablet addictive?
No, Flunarin tablet is not addictive.
Can I have Flunarin tablet with alcohol?
Consumption of alcohol is not recommended when on Flunarin therapy as it may increase the risk of adverse effects like dizziness, sedation so it is a health hazard.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Flunarin tablet when pregnant?
Flunarin tablet is not recommended during pregnancy unless the benefits outweigh the potential risks. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant for case-specific recommendations.
Can I have Flunarin tablet when feeding a baby?
Flunarin tablet is not recommended for use while you are breastfeeding. Consult your doctor for case-specific recommendations.
Can I drive after taking Flunarin tablet?
Flunarin tablet intake is associated with a majority of CNS side effects like dizziness, sedation, decreased alertness. Therefore it may not be advisable to drive a vehicle and operate heavy machinery while on this medication
What happens if I overdose on Flunarin?
Taking more medication or with increased frequency may cause serious side-effects like sedation, increased heartbeat, and agitation. Seek medical attention upon overdosing of medicine.
What happens if I eat expired Flunarin?
A single dose of expired Flunarin may not cause any major adverse effect. However, the potency of the medicine may well have decreased over time.
What happens if I miss a dose of Flunarin?
Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time to take the second dose after that – do not take a double dose.
Also read: Etilaam 0.5mg Tablet | Fefol capsules | Flotral 10mg Tablet