Skip to Content
- Is Flutibact addictive?
- Can I have Flutibact with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Flutibact when pregnant?
- Can I have Flutibact when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Flutibact?
- What happens if I overdose on Flutibact?
- What happens if I eat expired Flutibact?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Flutibact?
Flutibact Composition – Fluticasone Propionate (0.005%w/w) + Mupirocin (2%w/w)
Manufactured By – Glaxo Smithkline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription – Prescription not Required
Form – Cream
Price – Rs 161.45
Quantity – 10 gm in 1 tube
What is Flutibact?
- Flutibact ointment is used to treat a variety of skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, rash etc.
- Flutibact contains a combination of Fluticasone (corticosteroid) and Mupirocin (antibiotic) in water soluble ointment form
Buy & Get 20% Off using 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Uses of Flutibact
It is prescribed for:
- Skin infections
- Allergic disorders
How does Flutibact work?
- Flutibact is a steroid medicine. It blocks the production of chemical messangers (prostaglandins) that make the skin red, swollen and itchy. Inhibition of these prostaglandins improve the skin condition
- It also kills bacteria by stopping the production of essential proteins needed for bacterial survival
Flutibact Price in India
|Flutibact Cream – 10 gm||Rs 162|
How to take Flutibact?
- Flutibact is available in the form of topical application cream to be applied on skin.
- After washing hands and drying the area, a thin layer of cream should be applied over the affected area.
- If the condition does not improve or worsens in 10 days of treatment, discontinue the treatment.
- Therapy with Flutibact should be discontinued gradually and not suddenly.
Common Dosage of Flutibact
Flutibact ointment should be applied once or twice daily depending upon the severity of condition or as prescribed by the doctor.
When to avoid Flutibact?
- Avoid Flutibact if you are allergic to it or to any other ingredient present inside it
- Flutibact is not recommended for use in infections like rosacea, acne vulgaris, perioral dermatitis, pruritus without inflammation, perianal and genital pruritus
- It is contraindicated in primary cutaneous viral, fungal, yeast and bacterial infections and in infants under 3 months of age, including dermatitis and nappy rash
Drug interactions to be careful about
Flutibact is known to interact with following drugs:
- Cyclosporine A
Precautions when taking Flutibact
- It is for external use only, avoid contact with eyes and do not use it on face
- Do not apply on open wounds, dry, chapped, irritated, or sun-burned skin
- Wash your hands before and after applying Flutibact
Side Effects of Flutibact
- Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
- Pruritis (skin itching)
- Skin thinning
- Stretch marks
- Dryness of skin
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Symptoms of allergic reactions:
- Hives, rashes
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling on face, throat or hands
Effect of Flutibact on organs
Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders- Pruritus (itching).
Shows effects / Results in
- Flutibact inhibits the biosynthesis of prostaglandins and leukotrienes minimisings the redness, swelling and pain in the affected area
- It also inhibits bacterial protein synthesis leading to the death of bacteria, preventing further spread of infection
Storage Requirements of Flutibact
- Keep it in an air-tight container
- Keep it away from direct light or moisture
- Keep it out of reach of children
- Flutibact drug is not effective against fungal or viral skin infections
- Occlusal dressings should not be done over Flutibact ointment as it increases the risk of infection
- Avoid its use in children below 12 years of age and infants as long term topical corticosteroid therapy may lead to adrenal suppression
Is Flutibact addictive?
Can I have Flutibact with alcohol?
Interaction of Flutibact with alcohol is unknown.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Flutibact when pregnant?
No as animal studies have shown adverse effects on foetus (abnormality of foetal development).
Can I have Flutibact when feeding a baby?
it should only be used if the benefits outweigh the risks in lactating mothers.
Can I drive after taking Flutibact?
What happens if I overdose on Flutibact?
Overdosing of Flutibact may show symptoms of hypercortisolism.
What happens if I eat expired Flutibact?
Expired drug may become ineffective in treating your prescribed conditions, thus to be on the safer side, it is important not to use expired drug.
What happens if I miss a dose of Flutibact?
If you miss a dose of Flutibact, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double dose for a missed one.