Table of Contents
- What Is Fluvir?
- Uses Of Fluvir
- How Does Fluvir Work?
- How to Take Fluvir?
- Common Dosage Of Fluvir
- When to Avoid Fluvir & Precautions To Take?
- Side Effects Of Fluvir
- Effect on Organs?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to be careful about?
- Shows Effects/Results In
- Storage Requirements for Fluvir
- Pro Tips When Taking Fluvir
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Fluvir addictive?
- Can I have Fluvir with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Fluvir when pregnant?
- Can I have Fluvir when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Fluvir?
- What happens if I overdose on X?
- What happens if I eat expired X?
- What happens if I miss a dose of X?
Fluvir Composition – Oseltamivir Phosphate (75mg)
Manufactured By – Hetero Drugs Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Tablet
Price – Rs 490
Quantity – 10 tablets in 1 strip
What Is Fluvir?
Fluvir contains Oseltamivir as it’s active ingredient.
It is an antiviral drug.
Manufactured By – Hetero Drugs Ltd
Uses Of Fluvir
- Fluvir is used in the treatment of infections caused by influenza virus type A and type B.
- Treatment of acute, uncomplicated influenza in patients 2 weeks of age and older who have been symptomatic for no more than 2 days.
- Prophylaxis of influenza in patients 1 year and older.
How Does Fluvir Work?
Oseltamivir inhibits the function of neuroaminidase enzyme present in the influenza virus and thus prevents new viral particles from being released.
How to Take Fluvir?
Fluvir is available in the form of capsules which are supposed to be taken with water with or without food.
You should never crush or chew the capsule.
Common Dosage Of Fluvir
Adults and adolescents 13 years and older – 75 mg twice daily for 5 days.
When to Avoid Fluvir & Precautions To Take?
- Efficacy of use of Fluvir has not been established in patients who begin therapy after 2 days (48 hrs) of symptoms.
- Fluvir should not be substituted for annual influenza vaccination.
- There is no evidence of efficacy for illness from agents other than influenza viruses types A and B.
Side Effects Of Fluvir
- Abdominal pain
Effect on Organs?
Dose modification is mandatory in patients suffering from kidney diseases.
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Red, itchy bumps might occur as a side effect of allergy to Fluvir.
Drug Interactions to be careful about?
Do not administer Fluvir until 2 weeks following administration of the live attenuated influenza vaccine, unless medically indicated.
Shows Effects/Results In
Fluvir is usually known to show results in 5 days of treatment with Fluvir.
Storage Requirements for Fluvir
Store in a cool and dry place.
Pro Tips When Taking Fluvir
You must always rememenr that Fluvir is not a vaccine. It treats infection by preventing the spread of viral particles.
One must always complete the full course even if the symptoms disappear.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fluvir addictive?
Can I have Fluvir with alcohol?
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Fluvir when pregnant?
Can I have Fluvir when feeding a baby?
Can I drive after taking Fluvir?
What happens if I overdose on X?
Abdominal pain and nausea may occur as a result of overdose.
What happens if I eat expired X?
You must refrain from taking an expired medicine. A single dose of an expired tablet should not cause any adverse event.
What happens if I miss a dose of X?
Continue the next dose as a normal routine. Never take a double dose to make up for the missed dose.