Table of Contents
- 1 What is Follihair?
- 2 Uses of Follihair
- 3 How does Follihair work?
- 4 How to take Follihair?
- 5 Common Dosage for Follihair
- 6 When to Avoid Follihair?
- 7 Precautions While Taking Follihair:
- 8 Side-Effects of Follihair:
- 9 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 9.1 1. Food Interactions with Follihair
- 9.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Follihair
- 9.3 3. Effects of Follihair on Lab Tests
- 9.4 4. Follihair’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 9.5 Q. Can I have Follihair with alcohol?
- 9.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 9.7 Q. Can I have Follihair when pregnant?
- 9.8 Q. Can I have Follihair when feeding a baby?
- 9.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Follihair?
- 10 Buyer’s Guide – Follihair Composition, Variant and Price
- 11 Substitutes of Follihair
- 12 FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Follihair
- 12.1 Q. What is Follihair?
- 12.2 Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Follihair to show results?
- 12.3 Q. Should Follihair be taken on an empty stomach?
- 12.4 Q. Does Follihair make you drowsy?
- 12.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Follihair doses?
- 12.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 12.7 Q. Does Follihair effect my menstrual cycle?
- 12.8 Q. Is Follihair safe for children?
- 12.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Follihair?
- 12.10 Q. Is Follihair legal in India?
- 13 Authored By –
What is Follihair?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions related to hair and hair follicles like hair fall, Alopecia and graying of hair caused by nutritional deficiency. Diarrhea, rashes on the skin and abdominal discomfort are some of the common side effects seen with the use of this drug. It should be totally avoided in case of liver and kidney impairment patients and in cases of skin cancer and stomach ulcer.
Follihair Composition: Iron 8mg + Calcium Pantothenate 50mg + Niacinamide 50mg + Zinc 25mg Dimethionine 40mg + L-lysine 20mg + Biotin 10mg + Manganese 5mg + L-Cysteine 5mg + Copper 2mg + Selenium 50mcg.
Manufactured by: Abbott.
Prescription: Not Required (Available as OTC)
Price: Rs 199 for 10 Tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Multivitamin and Multimineral
Uses of Follihair
Follihair helps to prevent or treat the following conditions related to hair:
- Hair Loss: Used to treat and manage hair loss by preventing further hair loss and aids new growth.
- Grey Hair: Used to treat greying of hair and also prevents further greying of hair.
- Hair follicle: Used to nurture the hair follicle as it provides the nourishment needed by the new hair follicle for its growth.
- New hair: Used to help in the new hair growth by providing the required amount of nourishment to the hair follicle.
- Strength: Used to provide strength to the hair follicles and thereby, preventing hair loss.
How does Follihair work?
- Follihair works by providing the essential nutrients (vitamins and minerals) to the body in appropriate amount.
- Follihair provides the required amount of vitamins and amino acids to the body which inturn helps the growth of hair follicle.
- All these essential and non essential amino acids provide nourishment to the hair follicle and promote its natural growth.
How to take Follihair?
- Follihair is available in the form of tablets mainly.
- Take the tablet orally with water with or without a meal, preferably with or after a meal to enhance drug absorption rate and should never be consumed empty stomach in cases of patients with the gastric problem.
- Do not chew or crush the tablets, instead swallow the tablets as a whole.
- Do not alter the dose as per your own convenience.
- It is recommended for a patient to go through the leaflet inside the package thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Follihair
- Follihair dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Adult dose: One tablet daily for a period of 3-4 months or as advised by the physician depending on the severity of the condition.
- Children: Not advised for children, Pediatric consultation is advised.
- Drug should be consumed at same time every day to have balanced time intervals and appropriate quantity of drug is present inside the body at all times.
Q. What happens if I overdose on Follihair?
Follihair should always be consumed as per the prescribed dose. Overdose can lead to some serious undesirable effects. The doctor or trained medical staff should be immediately consulted in case of overdose.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Follihair?
Follihair should always be taken as per the fixed time schedule and in case of missed dose, always try to consume it as soon as you remember. But, avoid taking the missed dose if it’s already time to take the second dose as it may lead to drug toxicity or drug overdose.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Follihair?
Expired Follihair may not cause any undesirable effect but it is advisable to avoid consuming expired drug as it may not be efficacious enough to provide the needed results and the doctor should be immediately consulted in case of any undesirable symptoms after consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Follihair and till when does the effect of Follihair stay?
Follihair takes time to show its desired effects. When taken properly as per the prescribed dose, Follihair starts to exhibit its effect after 1 month of starting the therapy.
- The dose and duration of the drug as advised by the doctor should be followed strictly for a complete cessation of all the symptoms
- The time taken by the drug to show its effect may vary with every individual.
When to Avoid Follihair?
Do not Consume Follihair if:
- Liver disorders: In known cases of moderate to severe Liver dysfunction or diseases, Follihair should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Kidney disorders: In known cases of moderate to severe kidney dysfunction or diseases, Follihair should be avoided or used only when advised by the doctor.
- Allergy: In known cases of allergy to Follihair or any of its ingredients.
Precautions While Taking Follihair:
- Prolonged use: Do not use it for a longer period of time unless advised by the doctor.
- Allergic Reaction: Allergic reaction, if occurs after taking Follihair should be immediately reported to the doctor or trained medical staff.
- Avoid Dose alteration: Drug alteration should be avoided unless stated by the doctor.
- Concomitant products: Do not mix it with other nutritional supplements unless advised by the doctor.
- Pregnancy: Avoid Follihair or take extra caution while using the drug in pregnant women.
Warnings When Taking Follihair
- Avoid consuming the drug in cases of lactating mother and use extra caution if consuming the drug.
- Do not alter the dose without medical advice.
- Follihair should always be taken as prescribed by the doctor.
- Follihair will not be of any help if the hair loss is hereditary or due to natural ageing.
Side-Effects of Follihair:
The side effects associated with Follihair are:
- Vomiting (Common)
- Nausea (Common)
- GIT disturbances (Common)
- Skin rashes (less Common)
- Bloating ( Common)
- Loss of Appetite ( Common)
- Allergic reactions ( rare)
- Stomach ache ( less Common)
- Liver complications (rare)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Follihair?
Possible allergic reactions reported for Follihair are:
- Rashes (less common)
- Swelling of eye, face, lips, mouth or tongue (less common)
- Breathlessness (less common)
What are the effects of Follihair on organs?
Follihair should always be used with caution while administering the drug in patients with liver and kidney impairment as most of the drugs are metabolized and excreted through these organs.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Follihair. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Follihair. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Follihair
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Follihair
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physiciabout of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Abacavir (moderate)
- Carbamazepine (mild)
- Ascorbic Acid (mild)
- Ace inhibitors (moderate)
- Anti diabetic medication (mild)
- Alendronate (moderate)
- Arginine (mild)
3. Effects of Follihair on Lab Tests
Follihair doesn’t affect any laboratory test results. Do consult with the treating physician before going for any laboratory investigation.
4. Follihair’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any moderate to severe Liver and kidney disorder.
Q. Can I have Follihair with alcohol?
Alcohol consumption is not advisable with Follihair as it may lead to increased chances of side effects like drowsiness. Always consult the doctor before consuming alcohol with Follihair.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item needs to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Follihair when pregnant?
Follihair should only be administered when absolutely necessary and should be used with caution in pregnant women. Always inform the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Q. Can I have Follihair when feeding a baby?
Follihair can be used with caution in case of lactating mothers and it is always advisable to inform your doctor before consuming the drug.
Q. Can I drive after taking Follihair?
Follihair might cause drowsiness or dizziness in some cases and it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery in such cases.
Buyer’s Guide – Follihair Composition, Variant and Price
|Follihair Variants||Follihair Composition||Follihair Price|
|Follihair Tablet||Iron 8mg + Calcium Pantothenate 50mg + Niacinamide 50mg + Zinc 25mg + Dimethionine 40mg + L-lysine 20mg + Biotin 10mg + Manganese 5mg + L-Cysteine 5mg + Copper 2mg + Selenium 50mcg||Rs. 199.00 for 10 tablets|
|Follihair A Tablet||Biotin 10mg + Calcium Pantothenate 5mg + Choline 5mg + elemental copper 1.35 mg + Elemental iron 8mg + Elemental manganese 5mg + Elemental zinc 10mg + Folic acid 150mcg + Grape seed extract 20mg + green tea powder 100mg + L-cysteine 50mg + Melatonin 1mg + Methionine 40mg + Niacinamide 12mg + Saw palmetto 50mg + Soy isoflavones 50mg||Rs. 218 for 10 tablets|
|Follihair 30S Tablet||Biotin 10mg + Calcium Pantothenate 5mg + Elemental calcium 100mg + Elemental iron 14mg + elemental manganese 50mg + folic acid 150mcg + glyceine 12.8mg + L-arginine 23.5mg + L-cysteine 3.9mg + L-glutamic acid 61.8mg + L-histidine 7.7mg + L-isoleucine 14.6mg + L-leucine 23.8mg + L-lysine 19.6mg + L-valine 14mg + Methionine 40mg + Niacinamide 15mg + Tryptophan 3.6mg + Vitamin C 40mg + Vitamin E 5mg||Rs. 550 for 1pack|
Substitutes of Follihair
The following are alternative drugs for Follihair:
- Geriate Tablet:
- Manufactured by – GH Vision Care Lifescience.
- Price – Rs. 330
- Keraboost Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Glowderma Labs Pvt Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 151
- Capglow Tablet:
- Manufactured by – pfedex.
Storage requirements for Follihair
- The drug should be stored at room temperature and should be kept in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Keep the drug in a place, where it is out of reach of children.
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Follihair
Q. What is Follihair?
Ans. Follihair is Multivitamin (nutritional formulation) for enriching the body artificially with all the essential nutrients in an efficient way.
It is used in hair related problems like hair loss, alopecia etc.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Follihair to show results?
Ans. Follihair starts to show its effect within 3-4 months of starting drug therapy.
Q. Should Follihair be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Follihair should preferably be taken after meals and not on an empty stomach as it helps quick drug absorption and better results and also prevents the stomach upset.
Q. Does Follihair make you drowsy?
Ans. Follihair may cause drowsiness in few rare cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Follihair doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of at least 8-12 hours should be there between two doses to avoid Follihair toxicity or overdose.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Follihair should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken. And the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Follihair.
Q. Does Follihair effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Follihair safe for children?
Ans. Follihair is not advisable to be administered in children. Proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician is necessary.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Follihair?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Follihair.
Q. Is Follihair legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.