Table of Contents
- 1 What is Forcan?
- 2 Uses of Forcan
- 3 How does Forcan works?
- 4 Forcan Price in India
- 5 How to take Forcan?
- 6 Common dosage
- 7 When to avoid Forcan?
- 8 Drug interactions to be careful about
- 9 Side effects of Forcan
- 10 Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
- 11 What Are The Effects of Forcan on Organs?
- 12 Effects/Results After Consuming Dolamide
- 13 Storage requirements for Forcan
- 14 Protips
- 15 FAQs
- 15.1 Is it addictive?
- 15.2 Can I have Forcan with alcohol?
- 15.3 Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 15.4 Can I have Forcan when pregnant?
- 15.5 Can I have Forcan when feeding a baby?
- 15.6 Can I drive after taking Forcan?
- 15.7 What happen if I overdose on Forcan?
- 15.8 What happen if I eat expired Forcan?
- 15.9 What happen if I miss a dose of Forcan?
Forcan Composition – Fluconazole 150 MG
Manufactured By – Cipla
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Capsule
Price – Rs 12.45
Quantity – 1 tablet
What is Forcan?
- Forcan is an anti-fungal medicine which is used to treat a wide variety of fungal infections
- Forcan contains Fluconazole as chief ingredient
Manufactured By – Cipla Ltd.
Other variants and compositions
|Forcan 150 Tablet||Fluconazole (150mg)|
|Forcan 200 mg Infusion / Tablet||Fluconazole (200mg)|
|Forcan 50 mg Tablet||Fluconazole (50mg)|
|Forcan TZ 150mg/1000mg Tablet||Fluconazole (150mg) + Tinidazole (1000mg)|
|Forcan Plus Infusion 2 Mg||Fluconazole (2mg)|
|Forcan Baby 50 mg Injection||Fluconazole (50mg)|
|Forcan 10 Mg Suspension||Fluconazole (10mg)|
|Forcan 100 mg Tablet DT||Fluconazole (100mg)|
Uses of Forcan
It is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of fungal infections of-
- Mouth or throat
- Genital tract
- Skin infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworm infections and certain kind of dandruff
How does Forcan works?
- Forcan belongs to azole group of antifungal medicines
- It works by stopping the growth of various types of fungi
- It prevents the fungi from producing the membranes that surrounds the fungal cells
Forcan Price in India
|Forcan 200 mg Capsule – 4 Capsules||Rs 79|
|Forcan 150 mg Tablet – 1 Tablet||Rs 16|
How to take Forcan?
- Forcan is available in the form of tablets and oral suspension
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor
- Forcan tablets – Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew the tablet
- Forcan tablets should be taken with complete meals to avoid stomach upset
- Forcan should be taken 2 hours before or 1 hour after taking antacids as antacids may hinder the absorption of Forcan
- If you are taking drugs that can decrease acidity in stomach (such as ranitidine, famotidine, pantoprazole, omeprazole, Rabeprazole), it is advisable to take the drug with a carbonated cola drink or cranberry juice to improve absorption
- The use of Forcan should be continued as long as recommended by the doctor
- The drug dosage is decided by the physician based upon:
- Health status/medical condition of the patient
- Severity of symptoms
- Reaction to the first dose
- History of allergy/drug reactions
- Consult your doctor before administering in children below 12 years of age.
- Never use more than the recommended dose or for longer periods of time without doctor’s consent.
When to avoid Forcan?
Avoid taking Forcan if you have these conditions:-
- Allergy to Forcan, or any other anti-fungal medicines
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Heart disease (heart failure, coronary artery disease , heart valve disease)
- Lung disease (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Decreased or no stomach acid
- Low levels of potassium or magnesium in blood
- Always inform your doctor if you have reduced testosterone levels, reduced cortisol levels or Addison’s disease
Drug interactions to be careful about
You must inform your doctor about all the drugs, vitamins or herbal supplements you are taking to manage or protect you from drug interactions. All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Forcan include:
- H2 blockers such as cimetidine
- Ergot alkaloids such as dihydroergotamine
- Oral Midazolam
- Statin drugs like Atorvastatin
- Drugs used to treat erectile dysfunction
Side effects of Forcan
All medicines have some side effects. Side effects are possible but do not always occur. Consult your doctor if you feel that you have any of them-
- Gas in stomach
- Fatigue, muscle pain, joint pain
- Nervousness, confusion, depression
- Changes in vision
- Decreased sexual interest
- adrenal gland problem
- decrease in levels of testosterone
- menstrual period changes
- enlarged breasts in men
- Increased liver enzymes
- Rarely, hepatitis can occur
- lowering of white blood cells & platelets
- Forcan cream can cause stinging, swelling, irritation, or redness of the treated skin as a side effect
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions?
Forcan is not recommended if you are allergic to any active ingredient or constituents of it. Possible allergic reactions reported are-
- Sever skin rash
- Difficult breathing
- Swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat
What Are The Effects of Forcan on Organs?
- It can affect your liver so consult your doctor if any of these symptoms appear:-
- Unusual fatigue
- yellowing of the eyes and skin
- dark urine, fever
- nausea and / or vomiting
- pale stools
- and abdominal pain
Effects/Results After Consuming Dolamide
Depends on the condition being treated.
Storage requirements for Forcan
- Tablets should be stored at room temperature 15-25 degree Celsius and protected from light and temperature
- Oral solutions should be stored below 25 C but not frozen
Do not stop taking Forcan or change the dose of this drug without consulting your doctor. You must immediately inform your doctor if you notice any signs of liver disease.
Is it addictive?
No habit forming tendencies have been reported with this medicine.
Can I have Forcan with alcohol?
- This drug may make you dizzy and taking alcohol with it can make you dizzier
- Alcohol may increase the risk of liver problems
Any particular food item to be avoided?
Can I have Forcan when pregnant?
It is not advisable to take Forcan when pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Can I have Forcan when feeding a baby?
Forcan is not recommended for lactating woman as it is known to excrete in the breast milk.
Can I drive after taking Forcan?
- This drug may make you dizzy and weak. Changes in vision can also occur as a side – effect
- Kindly refrain from driving if you suffer from any such side-effects which affect your ability to drive
What happen if I overdose on Forcan?
- Taking more than prescribed dosage can be harmful and can increase the incidence of side effects
- In case of over-dosage, consult your doctor immediately
What happen if I eat expired Forcan?
An expired drug might not be as potent in treating your condition. It is advisable to refrain from using expired drug
What happen if I miss a dose of Forcan?
- You must take the missed dose as soon as you remember it
- But, if it is already time to take the second dose after that – do not take double dose