Table of Contents
- What is Fybogel?
- Uses of Fybogel:
- Fybogel Composition
- How does Fybogel work?
- How to Take Fybogel?
- Fybogel Price in India
- Common Dosage for Fybogel?
- When to Avoid Fybogel?
- Side-effects of Fybogel?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- Shows Effects / Results In:
- Storage Requirements for Fybogel
- Pro Tips When Taking Fybogel –
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Is Fybogel Addictive?
- Can I have Fybogel with alcohol?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Fybogel When Pregnant?
- Can I have Fybogel when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Fybogel?
- What happens if I overdose on Fybogel?
- What happens if I eat expired Fybogel?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Fybogel?
- Similar Reads
What is Fybogel?
- Fybogel belongs to group of drugs known as “laxatives” which are used in constipation to regulate bowel function.
- Active ingredient of Fybogel is “Ispaghula Husk”. It increases the fiber content in the diet thus helping the digestive system function more efficiently.
Save Using: Myra Medicines Promo Code | 1mg Promo Code | Practo Promo Code
Uses of Fybogel:
Read more: Doxolin Uses
Know more: Flucytosine Composition
How does Fybogel work?
- Fybogel attracts water into stool making it softer and easier to pass thereby reducing constipation and straining.
How to Take Fybogel?
- It is advised to take this medicine after food but before going to bed.
- Empty the contents of the sachet in a glass full of water. Stir well and drink. Drink plenty of fluids (approx 2 liter) when taking Fybogel.
Fybogel Price in India
|Specification||Fybogel Price in India|
|Fybogel Powder Orange||Rs. 136|
Common Dosage for Fybogel?
- The patients usually start with a low dose and increase it over the course of next few days for optimum results.
- In adults, the recommended dose is one sachet in the morning and one in the evening after meals
Read more: Dimethicone Dosage
When to Avoid Fybogel?
Fybogel should be avoided in patients with:
- Allergy to ispaghula husk
- Patients with undiagnosed rectal bleeding and bowel blockage
- Patients with phenylketonuria
Read more: Mecobalamin Precaution
Side-effects of Fybogel?
Although side effects with Fybogel are quite uncommon but still they may be observed in few patients. List of possible side effects include:
- Stomach ache
Know more: Glycerine Side Effects
Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Although rare, but allergic reaction to Fybogel have been reported. Common symptoms of allergic reactions include:
- Itchy skin
- Swelling especially on face, lips & throat
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing and
- Loss of consciousness.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About
- It is always advised that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
- All the possible drug interactions might not be listed here. Few common drugs which interact with Fybogel include:
- Thyroid medicines
Shows Effects / Results In:
- The time taken by Fybogel to be effective varies from patient to patient depending on clinical condition of the patient.
Storage Requirements for Fybogel
- Storage at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat unless mentioned in the package insert.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets.
Pro Tips When Taking Fybogel –
- Fybogel contains aspartame which is a source of phenylalanine, thus it should not be used in patients suffering from phenylketonuria.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fybogel Addictive?
- No such tendency has been reported.
Can I have Fybogel with alcohol?
- Consumption of alcohol with Fybogel is not recommended.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
- No such interactions with any food product observed.
Can I have Fybogel When Pregnant?
- Fybogel can be used in pregnant women when the potential benefits justify the potential risks to fetus.
Can I have Fybogel when feeding a baby?
- Fybogel can be used in women who are breastfeeding a child.
Can I drive after taking Fybogel?
- Fybogel does not affect your ability to drive.
What happens if I overdose on Fybogel?
- Taking more medication or with increased frequency will not improve your symptoms earlier, rather it may cause some adverse effects.
What happens if I eat expired Fybogel?
- It is very unlikely for a single dose of expired Fybogel to produce an adverse event. Also the potency of the expired medicine might have reduced.
What happens if I miss a dose of Fybogel?
- Always consume the missed dose as soon as you remember it. But, if it’s already time to take the second dose after that – do not take double dose.