Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Gabaneuron?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Gabaneuron?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Gabaneuron?
- Q. Onset time of Gabaneuron and till when does the effect of Gabaneuron stays?
- Warnings When Taking Gabaneuron
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Gabaneuron?
- What are the effects of Gabaneuron on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Gabaneuron
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Gabaneuron
- 3. Effects of Gabaneuron on Lab Tests
- 4. Gabaneuron’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Gabaneuron when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Gabaneuron when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Gabaneuron?
- Storage requirements for Gabaneuron
- Q. What is Gabaneuron?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Gabaneuron to show results?
- Q. Should Gabaneuron be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Gabaneuron make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Gabaneuron doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Gabaneuron effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Gabaneuron safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Gabaneuron?
- Q. Is Gabaneuron legal in India?
What is Gabaneuron?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like pain due to nerve damage post herpetic neuralgia and also in cases of hot flashes. Xerostomia and sedation effect are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in the case of kidney and liver diseases.
Gabaneuron Composition: Gabapentin 300mg + Methylcobalamin 500mg
Manufactured By: Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Price: Rs 140.00 for 10 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Anticonvulsant + Vitamin.
Uses of Gabaneuron
Gabaneuron serves a great purpose in the prevention or treatment of the following conditions:
- RLS: Used to treat cases of restless leg syndrome (RLS), characterized by an uncontrollable urge to move legs.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: Used to treat severe nerve pain following herpetic infection.
- Neuropathic Pain: Used to manage and treat neuropathic pain caused due to spinal cord injuries.
- Epilepsy: Used as adjuvant therapy in cases of epilepsy.
How does Gabaneuron work?
- Gabaneuron contains Gabapentin and Methylcobalamin as its active ingredient.
- Gabapentin modulates calcium channel activity in nerve cells and reduces pain intensity.
- Methylcobalamin helps to provide the required amount of vitamin to the body and prevents further nerve damage.
How to take Gabaneuron?
- Gabaneuron is available in the tablet form.
- Gabaneuron tablet is usually taken via mouth with a glass of water with or without food.
- The tablet should never be chewed or crushed but should be consumed as a whole.
- The drug should be taken at a fixed time every day.
- The leaflet present in the pack should be read thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Common Dosage for Gabaneuron
- Gabaneuron dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common adult dose is 300mg 3 times a day which is increased gradually by the doctor in divided doses to 900mg a day.
- Pediatrician should be consulted before drug administration to pediatric population as it is not advisable to be administered in children.
- Dose alteration without consultation should be avoided
Q. What happens if I overdose on Gabaneuron?
Overdose of Gabaneuron may lead to undesirable symptoms like dizziness. The doctor or medical staff should be immediately consulted in such cases.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Gabaneuron?
Dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it within 12 hours. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Gabaneuron?
Expired Gabaneuron might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Gabaneuron and till when does the effect of Gabaneuron stays?
- Onset of action starts within 2-3 hours after oral administration and the average duration of action is 21 hours.
- The time taken by the drug to show effect varies with every individual patient.
- Complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
When to Avoid Gabaneuron?
Do not Consume Gabaneuron if:
- Allergy: In cases of known history of hypersensitivity/allergy to Gabaneuron or any similar active ingredients.
- Diabetes: In cases of patients with diabetes.
- Kidney diseases: In cases of patients with moderate to severe kidney impairment.
- Liver diseases: In cases of patients with moderate to severe liver impairment.
Precautions While Taking Gabaneuron
- Allergy: Gabaneuron should not be used in allergic reactions.
- Prolonged use: Chronic use of Gabaneuron unless stated by the doctor should be avoided
- Pregnancy: Gabaneuron should be avoided in cases of pregnant women unless stated by the doctor.
Warnings When Taking Gabaneuron
- If known history of depression, avoid this drug unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Prolonged use should be avoided.
- Equally spaced time interval should be there between two doses.
Side-Effects of Gabaneuron
The side effects associated with Gabaneuron are:
- Fatigue (common)
- Fever (common)
- Nystagmus (uncontrolled eye movement) (less common)
- Peripheral edema (less common)
- Diplopia (common)
- Tremor (less common)
- Ataxia (lack of coordination of muscle movements) (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Drowsiness (common)
- Blurred vision. (common)
- Vision development disorder (Amblyopia) (less common)
- Allergic reactions (common)
- Xerostomia (reduced or no salivary secretion) (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Gabaneuron?
- In case of any allergic signs like
- Pruritis (less common)
- Immediate medical help should be taken in case of any above signs appear.
What are the effects of Gabaneuron on organs?
Gabaneuron should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney impairment as the high dose of drug can further impair the liver and kidneys.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of a certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Gabaneuron. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Gabaneuron. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Gabaneuron
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Gabaneuron
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about of all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Kadian (moderate)
- Vicodin (mild)
- Naprosyn (moderate)
- Loritab (moderate)
- Oramorph moderate)
3. Effects of Gabaneuron on Lab Tests
Gabaneuron does not affect any lab tests as such.
4. Gabaneuron’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or kidney diseases or cases of diabetes and depression.
Can I have Gabaneuron with alcohol?
Gabaneuron, when consumed with alcohol, can cause increased chances of drowsiness and sedation. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Gabaneuron.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Gabaneuron when pregnant?
No, Gabaneuron in pregnant women should be avoided unless absolutely necessary and always the doctor should be informed about such cases.
Q. Can I have Gabaneuron when feeding a baby?
No, Gabaneuron is excreted in human milk and the effects on the infant could be harmful. Therefore the drug should be used with caution and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Gabaneuron?
Gabaneuron usually affects CNS and leads to sedation, dizziness, etc. and in such cases, driving or operating heavy machinery should be avoided.
Also Read: Gaviscon Side Effect | Gemer Side Effect | Glibenclamide Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Gabaneuron Composition, Variant and Price
|Gabaneuron Variants||Gabaneuron Composition||Gabaneuron Price|
|Gabaneuron SR Tablet||Gabapentin 600mg + Methylcobalamin 1500mcg||Rs. 252.60 for 10 tablets|
|Gabaneuron 100mg tablet||Gabapentin 100mg + Mecobalamin 500mcg||Rs. 81.40 for 10 tablets|
|Gabaneuron NT 300mg tablet||Gabapentin 300mg + Nortriptyline 10mg||Rs. 159.50 for 10 tablets|
|Gabaneuron NT 100mg tablet||Gabapentin 100mg + Nortriptyline 10mg||Rs. 74.40 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 30% Discount: Pharmeasy Coupons | Pharmeasy Discount Code
Substitutes of Gabaneuron
The following are alternative drugs for Gabaneuron:
- Mylacobal G Tablet:
- Manufactured by – JMS Healthcare.
- Price – Rs. 137.50
- Nervz G Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 126
- Neucobal G Capsule:
- Manufactured by – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 153
- Gabata Plus Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 120
Storage requirements for Gabaneuron
- The drug should be in a cool, moisture-free place away from direct heat and light.
- Keep the drug where it is out of children’s reach.
Also Read: Envas Price | Etophylline Price
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Gabaneuron
Q. What is Gabaneuron?
Ans. Gabaneuron is an anticonvulsant in nature and is used to treat neuralgias and epilepsy.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Gabaneuron to show results?
Ans. Effects/result depends on the condition being treated, usually, Gabaneuron shows its effect within 2-3 hours of oral administration.
Q. Should Gabaneuron be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Gabaneuron could be taken empty stomach as food does not affect drug absorption.
Q. Does Gabaneuron make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Gabaneuron can cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Gabaneuron doses?
Ans. The ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Gabaneuron should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Gabaneuron.
Q. Does Gabaneuron effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre-existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Gabaneuron safe for children?
Ans. Gabaneuron should not be administered in children without proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Gabaneuron?
Ans. Any liver disorder or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Gabaneuron.
Q. Is Gabaneuron legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored By –