Skip to Content
- Q. What happens if I overdose on Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Q. What happens if I eat expired Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Q. Onset time of Gabapin NT 100mg and till when does the effect of Gabapin NT 100mg stay?
- Warnings When Taking Gabapin NT 100mg
- Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Gabapin NT 100mg?
- What are the effects of Gabapin NT 100mg on organs?
- 1. Food Interactions with Gabapin NT 100mg
- 2. Medicines Interactions with Gabapin NT 100mg
- 3. Effects of Gabapin NT 100mg on Lab Tests
- 4. Gabapin NT’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- Q. Can I have Gabapin NT 100mg with alcohol?
- Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Q. Can I have Gabapin NT 100mg when pregnant?
- Q. Can I have Gabapin NT 100mg when feeding a baby?
- Q. Can I drive after taking Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Storage requirements for Gabapin NT 100mg
- Q. What is Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Gabapin NT 100mg to show results?
- Q. Should Gabapin NT 100mg be taken on an empty stomach?
- Q. Does Gabapin NT 100mg make you drowsy?
- Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Gabapin NT 100mg doses?
- Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- Q. Does Gabapin NT 100mg effect my menstrual cycle?
- Q. Is Gabapin NT 100mg safe for children?
- Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Q. Is Gabapin NT 100mg legal in India?
What is Gabapin NT 100MG?
Used mainly to prevent or treat conditions like pain due to nerve damage trigeminal neuralgia and as adjuvant therapy in cases of epilepsy. Confusion, mood changes, and low white blood cell counts are the major side effects at high repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of kidney and cardiac diseases and nervous system disorders.
Gabapin NT 100mg Composition: Gabapentin 100mg + Nortriptyline 10mg
Manufactured By: Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Prescription: Required as it comes under schedule ‘H’
Price: Rs 124 for 15 tablets.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Antidepressant + Anticonvulsant
Uses of Gabapin NT 100mg
Gabapin NT 100mg serves a great purpose in the prevention or treatment of following conditions:
- Depression: Used mainly to treat mental conditions like depression.
- Shingles: Used to treat cases of shingles.
- Trigeminal Neuralgia: used to treat pain due to nerve damage like in cases of nerve damage.
- Post herpetic neuralgia: Used to treat severe nerve pain following herpetic infection.
- Neuropathic Pain: Used to manage and treat neuropathic pain caused due to spinal cord injuries.
- Epilepsy: Used as an adjuvant therapy in cases of epilepsy.
How does Gabapin NT 100mg work?
- Gabapin NT 100mg contains Gabapentin and Nortriptyline as its active ingredient.
- Gabapentin modulates calcium channel activity in nerve cells and reduces pain intensity.
- Nortriptyline is an antidepressant and blocks the reuptake of noradrenaline and raises its concentration and inhibits pain signals.
How to take Gabapin NT 100mg?
- Gabapin NT 100mg is available in the tablet form.
- Gabapin NT 100mg tablet is usually taken via mouth with a glass of water with or without food as food slight effect on drug absorption.
- The tablet should never be chewed or crushed but should be consumed as a whole.
- The drug should be taken at a fixed time every day preferably at night before going to bed.
- The leaflet present in the pack should be read thoroughly to have a better understanding of the drug.
Also read about other medicine's: Grilinctus syrup | Hifenac - P | Fourderm
Common Dosage for Gabapin NT 100mg
- Gabapin NT 100mg dosage can be decided by the doctor for every individual as per Age, Weight, Mental status, Allergic history and Health status of the patient.
- Common adult dose starts from 300-900mg per day which is increased gradually by the doctor in divided doses to 3600mg a day.
- The common dose for children is usually 25-35mg/kg body weight per day.
- Pediatrician should be consulted before drug administration
- Dose alteration without consultation should be avoided
Q. What happens if I overdose on Gabapin NT 100mg?
The overdose of Gabapin NT 100mg may lead to undesirable symptoms like dizziness, blurred vision, slurred speech. The doctor or medical staff should be immediately consulted in such cases.
Q. What happens if I miss a dose of Gabapin NT 100mg?
The dose prescribed by the doctor should never be missed and if missed, it should be consumed always as soon as you remember it. But, avoid taking a double dose if it’s already time for the second dose after that as it may lead to an overdose of the drug.
Q. What happens if I eat expired Gabapin NT 100mg?
Expired Gabapin NT 100mg might not exhibit effects or any undesirable effects. However, one should abstain from consuming the expired drug.
Q. Onset time of Gabapin NT 100mg and till when does the effect of Gabapin NT 100mg stay?
- The onset of action starts within 24 hours after oral administration.
- The time taken by the drug to show effect varies with every individual patient.
- The complete prescribed dose of the drug should be taken before stopping the treatment.
Also Read other medicine's Dosage: Folvite Dosage | Follihair Dosage
When to Avoid Gabapin NT 100mg?
Do not Consume Gabapin NT 100mg if:
- Allergy: In cases of the known history of hypersensitivity/allergy to Gabapin NT 100mg or any similar active ingredients
- Nervous System: In known cases of nervous system disorder.
- Kidney diseases: In cases of patients with moderate to severe kidney impairment and the patient undergoing hemodialysis.
- Liver diseases: In cases of patients with moderate to severe liver impairment
- Cardiac diseases: In cases of patients with heart problems like cardiac arrhythmias and acute myocardial infarction.
Precautions While Taking Gabapin NT 100mg
- Allergy: Gabapin NT 100mg should not be used in allergic reactions.
- Prolonged use: Chronic use of Gabapin NT 100mg unless stated by the doctor should be avoided
- Caution: should be avoided in heart patients.
Warnings When Taking Gabapin NT 100mg
- If a known history of heart diseases, avoid this drug unless stated otherwise by the doctor.
- Prolonged use should be avoided.
- Equally spaced time interval should be there between two doses.
Side-Effects of Gabapin NT 100mg
The side effects associated with Gabapin NT 100mg are:
- Nausea (common)
- Vomiting (common)
- Weight gain (less common)
- Increased appetite (less common)
- Dizziness (common)
- Fatigue (less common)
- Sleepiness (common)
- Increased heart rate (less common)
- Blurred vision (less common)
- Tiredness (common)
- Confusion (common)
- Mood changes (common)
- Vertigo (less common)
- Low white blood cell counts (less common)
Are There Any Reported Allergic Reactions to Gabapin NT 100mg?
- In case of any allergic signs like
- Immediate medical help should be taken in case of any above signs appear.
What are the effects of Gabapin NT 100mg on organs?
- Gabapin NT 100mg should be used with caution in patients with liver or kidney impairment as the drug is mainly metabolized in the liver and excreted through kidneys.
- Gabapin NT 100mg affects the CNS (central nervous system) and causes dizziness, fatigue, and sedation.
Drug Interactions to be Careful About
It is always advisable to be careful of certain drug to drug or drug to food interactions when consuming Gabapin NT 100mg. Always be aware of the food items, other drugs or lab tests while consuming Gabapin NT 100mg. We explore these n details below.
1. Food Interactions with Gabapin NT 100mg
No particular food item to be avoided.
2. Medicines Interactions with Gabapin NT 100mg
All the potential drug interactions might not be listed here. It is always advisable that the patient must inform the physician about all the drugs/products you use. You must notify the doctor about the herbal products that you are currently consuming. You should never alter the drug regimen without your doctor’s approval.
The common drug interactions have been noticed with the following drugs:
- Alcohol (mild)
- Morphine (moderate)
- Antacids containing magnesium/ aluminum hydroxide- gap of 2 hours should be kept between antacids and Gabapin NT 100mg (mild)
3. Effects of Gabapin NT 100mg on Lab Tests
Gabapin NT 100mg affect white blood cells.
4. Gabapin NT’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
Any Liver or heart diseases.
Q. Can I have Gabapin NT 100mg with alcohol?
Effect of Gabapin NT 100mg, when taken with alcohol, are sedation, dizziness. Therefore, the doctor should always be consulted before taking alcohol with Gabapin NT 100mg.
Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
No particular food item to be avoided.
Q. Can I have Gabapin NT 100mg when pregnant?
Gabapin NT 100mg in pregnant women should be used only if necessary and always the doctor should be informed about such cases.
Q. Can I have Gabapin NT 100mg when feeding a baby?
Gabapin NT 100mg is excreted in human milk and the effects on the infant could be harmful. Therefore the drug should be used with caution and the doctor should always be informed
Q. Can I drive after taking Gabapin NT 100mg?
Gabapin NT 100mg usually affects CNS and leads to sedation, dizziness etc. and in such cases, driving or operating heavy machinery should be avoided.
Also Read: Gemcal Side Effect | Glimepiride Side Effect | Glycomet GP2 Side Effect
Buyer’s Guide – Gabapin NT 100mg Composition, Variant and Price
|Gabapin NT Variants||Gabapin NT Composition||Gabapin NT Price|
|Gabapin NT 400mg||Gabapentin 400mg + Nortriptyline 10mg||Rs. 356 for 15 tablets|
|Gabapin 100mg tablet||Gabapentin 100mg||Rs. 100 for 15 tablets|
|Gabapin ME 300mg tablet||Gabapentin 300mg + Methylcobalamin 500mcg||Rs. 168 for 10 tablets|
|Gabapin SR 450mg Tablet||Gabapentin 450mg||Rs. 246 for 10 tablets|
|Gabapin Plus 300mg Tablet||Gabapentin 300mg + Mecobalamin 500mcg + Alpha lipoic acid 100mg||Rs. 174 for 10 tablets|
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Practo Medicines
Substitutes of Gabapin NT 100mg
The following are alternative drugs for Gabapin NT 100mg:
- Pentanerv NT 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 79.5
- Neuropill NT 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by Ordain Healthcare
- Price – Rs. 69
- Gabantin NT 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Price – Rs. 220
- Gabasol Nt 100mg Tablet:
- Manufactured by – Solis Pharma.
- Price – Rs.185
Storage requirements for Gabapin NT 100mg
- The drug should be in a cool, moisture-free place away from direct heat and light.
- Keep the drug where it is out of children’s reach.
FAQs – 10 Questions Answered about Gabapin NT 100mg
Q. What is Gabapin NT 100mg?
Ans. Gabapin NT 100mg is an antidepressant and anticonvulsant in nature and is used to treat neuralgias and epilepsy.
Q. How effective it is/ How long does it take for Gabapin NT 100mg to show results?
Ans. Effects/result depends on the condition being treated, usually Gabapin NT 100mg shows its effect within 24 hours of oral administration.
Q. Should Gabapin NT 100mg be taken on an empty stomach?
Ans. Gabapin NT 100mg could be taken empty stomach as food does not affect drug absorption.
Q. Does Gabapin NT 100mg make you drowsy?
Ans. Yes, Gabapin NT 100mg can cause drowsiness/ sleepiness in few cases but it varies with every individual.
Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Gabapin NT 100mg doses?
Ans. Ideal time gap of 4-6 hours should be there between two doses.
Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
Ans. Gabapin NT 100mg should be consumed as prescribed by the doctor and in case of any severity of symptoms, immediate medical help or consultation should be taken and the doctor should be the one to decide when and how to stop the cycle of Gabapin NT 100mg.
Q. Does Gabapin NT 100mg effect my menstrual cycle?
Ans. No, it generally doesn’t affect the menstrual cycle but one should always consult the doctor in case of pre existing menstrual problems before consuming the drug
Q. Is Gabapin NT 100mg safe for children?
Ans. Gabapin NT 100mg can be administered in children but proper consultation and recommendation by the Paediatrician should be taken.
Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Gabapin NT 100mg?
Ans. Any liver disorder, heart patients or allergic reactions are to be taken into consideration before taking Gabapin NT 100mg.
Q. Is Gabapin NT 100mg legal in India?
Ans. Yes, it is legal in India.
Disclaimer – The information provided above is to the best of our research and knowledge. However, you are recommended to consult a physician before consuming the drug.
Authored by –