Table of Contents
- What is Gardasil?
- Uses of Gardasil
- How does Gardasil work?
- How to Take Gardasil?
- Gardasil Price In India
- Common Dosage & when to take Gardasil?
- When to avoid Gardasil?
- Side effects of Gardasil?
- Reported Allergic Reactions?
- Drug Interactions to Be Careful About?
- Is Gardasil Addictive?
- Any particular food item to be avoided?
- Can I have Gardasil when Pregnant?
- Can I have Gardasil when feeding a baby?
- Can I drive after taking Gardasil?
- What happens if I miss a dose of Gardasil?
- Storage of Gardasil
Gardasil Composition – Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant (NA)
Manufactured By – Msd Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Prescription – Prescription Required
Form – Injection
Price – Rs 3259
Quantity – 0.5 ml in 1 vial
What is Gardasil?
Gardasil contains Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine.
Buy & Get Minimum 20% Discount: Coupons For Netmeds | Netmeds Voucher Code
Uses of Gardasil
Gardasil is a vaccine indicated in for the prevention of the following diseases:
- Cervical, vaginal and vulvar cancer in females,
- penile cancer in males
- Anal and throat cancer in females and males,
- genital warts in both females and males
How does Gardasil work?
- The active substance in Gardasil is Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18).
- It helps to develop immunity by producing antibodies to protect against any infections.
How to Take Gardasil?
- Gardasil is available in the form of injectable suspension.
- The suspension is injected into the muscle by a trained healthcare professional.
Gardasil Price In India
|Vial of 0.5 ml Injection||Rs 3259|
Also Read: Flomax Price | Exelon Price
Common Dosage & when to take Gardasil?
Recommended dosage for Gardasil – 0.5-mL suspension for intramuscular injection at the following schedule: 0, 2 months, 6 months.
When to avoid Gardasil?
Gardasil should not be used or should be used with caution in the following conditions:
- Allergic to any of its components, including a severe allergy to yeast.
- HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women
- Individuals with Bleeding Disorders
- Decreased immunity
Side effects of Gardasil?
Gardasil may produce multiple side effects, although they may not be common in all the patients. Commonly observed side effects:
- Redness or swelling at the injection site
- Loss of consciousness,
- throat pain,
- stomach pain
Also Read: Herceptin Side Effect | Imdur Side Effect
Reported Allergic Reactions?
Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any of its ingredients. Allergy with Gardasil may exhibit following symptoms:
- Chest tightness
- Shortness of breath
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Drug Interactions to Be Careful About?
- Drug interactions refer to effect of drugs on each other and on human body following ingestion. Large numbers of medicine have shown interaction with each other.
- It is advised that the patient must always inform the physician about all the medicines/over the counter products/vitamin supplements used.
- Consult your doctor before administering any other drugs concomitantly with Gardasil.
- Immunosuppressive therapies may reduce the immune responses to vaccines, including
- alkylating agents,
- cytotoxic drugs,
Is Gardasil Addictive?
No such tendency has been reported for Gardasil.
Any particular food item to be avoided?
No alteration in its action seen with any food product.
Can I have Gardasil when Pregnant?
Gardasil should not be administered during pregnancy.
Can I have Gardasil when feeding a baby?
- It is not known whether Gardasil is excreted in human milk.
- Gardasil should be used in breastfeeding women only if the potential benefits outweigh the risks.
Can I drive after taking Gardasil?
Few patients on Gardasil might exhibit nausea and dizziness. Such patients should use Gardasil with caution while driving or operating heavy machinery.
What happens if I miss a dose of Gardasil?
The medicine may not work well if you miss a dose because, for effective working of the drug, a certain amount of drug must be present in your body at all times.
Storage of Gardasil
- Storage at room temperature away from direct heat and light.
- Keep medicines away from children and pets