Table of Contents
- 1 What is Gemcal?
- 2 Uses of Gemcal
- 3 How to take Gemcal?
- 4 Common Dosage for Gemcal
- 5 When to Avoid Gemcal?
- 6 Precautions While Taking Gemcal
- 7 Side-Effects of Gemcal
- 8 Drug Interactions to be Careful About
- 8.1 1. Food Interactions with Gemcal
- 8.2 2. Medicines Interactions with Gemcal
- 8.3 3. Effects of Gemcalon Lab Tests
- 8.4 4. Gemcal’s interactions with Pre-existing Conditions/Diseases
- 8.5 Q. Can I have Gemcal with alcohol?
- 8.6 Q. Any particular food item to be avoided?
- 8.7 Q. Can I have Gemcal when pregnant?
- 8.8 Q. Can I have Gemcal when feeding a baby?
- 8.9 Q. Can I drive after taking Gemcal?
- 9 Buyer’s Guide – Gemcal Composition, Variant and Price
- 10 Substitutes of Gemcal
- 11 FAQs – 10 Important Questions Answered about Gemcal
- 11.1 Q. What is Gemcal?
- 11.2 Q. How long does it take for Gemcal to show results?
- 11.3 Q. Should Gemcal be taken on an empty stomach?
- 11.4 Q. Does Gemcal make you drowsy?
- 11.5 Q. What should be the time gap between the consumption of 2 Gemcal Tablets?
- 11.6 Q. Should I complete the whole cycle of the medicine even if cured?
- 11.7 Q. Does Gemcal effect my menstrual cycle?
- 11.8 Q. Is Gemcal safe for children?
- 11.9 Q. Are there any symptoms that I should consider before taking Gemcal?
- 11.10 Q. Is Gemcal legal in India?
- 12 Authored By –
1What is Gemcal?
It is a medicine which is used for prevention or treatment of calcium and vitamin deficiencies like rickets, osteoporosis and Fanconi syndrome etc. Increased thirst & urination and photophobia are the major side effects at repetitive doses. It should be totally avoided in case of kidney diseases, and in patients with increased calcium levels (hypercalcaemia).
Gemcal Composition: Calcitrol 0.25mcg + Calcium carbonate 500mg + Elemental Zinc 7.5mg.
Manufactured By: Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
Prescription: Not required as it is available as OTC
Form: Tablets, capsules, suspensions.
Price: Rs 260 for 15 capsules.
Expiry/Shelf Life: 24 months from the date of manufacturing
Type of Drug: Nutritional supplement.