Table of Contents
- 1 Giloy Price
- 1.1 Benefits of Giloy for Skin
- 1.2 1. Anti-Aging Agent
- 1.3 2. Treats Skin Disorders
- 1.4 Benefits of Giloy for Health
- 1.5 1. Increases Immunity
- 1.6 2. Helpful in Prolonged Fever and Cough
- 1.7 3. Aids in Digestion
- 1.8 4. Treats Diabetes
- 1.9 5. Reduces Stress Levels
- 1.10 5. Treats Arthritis Symptoms
- 1.11 6. Acts as an Aphrodisiac
- 1.12 7. Treats Eye Problems
- 1.13 8. Treats Allergic Rhinitis
- 1.14 Properties of Giloy
- 1.15 How to Apply Giloy?
- 1.16 On Skin
- 1.17 Giloy Dosage: How much of it is safe?
- 1.18 Side Effects and Precautions
- 1.19 5 Important Questions About Giloy Answered
- 1.20 Where to Buy
Giloy is an herbaceous vine native to tropical regions of India, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. Also known as half-leaved moon seed, Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) is an ayurvedic herb having amazing medicinal benefits. The benefits accrued by this wondrous herb are such that it is called ‘Amrita’ in Sanskrit.
Similar to Giloy you may also read: Safed Musli | Shatavari Kalpa
|Kapiva Tulsi Giloy Juice – 1 L||Rs 270|
|Patanjali Giloy Juice – 500 ml||Rs 80|
Benefits of Giloy for Skin
1. Anti-Aging Agent
Giloy has anti-aging properties that considerably reduce pigmentation, pimples and signs of aging such as wrinkles and fine lines.
2. Treats Skin Disorders
Giloy acts as a detoxifying agent and treats skin issues such as acne, eczema and leprosy.
Benefits of Giloy for Health
1. Increases Immunity
Giloy acts as an immunity booster. This wonder herb also has rejuvenating properties. Its antioxidant properties help in removing toxins from the liver and kidney. Its antibacterial properties help in fighting liver and urinary tract problems.
2. Helpful in Prolonged Fever and Cough
Giloy is anti-pyretic in nature. It increases the blood count and fights dengue symptoms. Even symptoms of jaundice can be relieved by consuming Giloy. The herb clears the lungs and relieves cough and even asthma. You can combine Giloy extract with honey to treat malaria.
3. Aids in Digestion
The Giloy herb can be used as a home remedy in treating digestive issues. The juice of this herb can be taken with buttermilk to treat piles condition.
4. Treats Diabetes
Giloy is a hypoglycaemic agent. This herb is useful in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes by reducing blood pressure and lipid levels.
5. Reduces Stress Levels
Giloy can be combined with other herbs to make a health tonic. Its adaptogenic properties, make Giloy an excellent stress and anxiety reliever. It has a soothing and calming effect on mind and protects the brain cells from free radical damage.
5. Treats Arthritis Symptoms
Giloy has anti-inflammatory and anti-pyretic properties which help in treating varied symptoms of arthritis such as joint pain.
6. Acts as an Aphrodisiac
Giloy has libido boosting properties which can spice up sex life.
7. Treats Eye Problems
Giloy can help one get rid of spectacles by enhancing clarity. Simply boil the herb in some water. Let the concoction cool down and then apply the mixture all over your eye lid.
8. Treats Allergic Rhinitis
Allergic Rhinitis is a condition marked with runny nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, red and watery eyes, and so on. Various allergens such as dust, pollution, pollen, hay, etc., trigger this condition. Giloy in the form of pills can be very effective in relieving the symptoms of this condition.
Properties of Giloy
- Enhances haemoglobin by increasing red blood cells
How to Apply Giloy?
Treatment of Wounds and Cuts
- Make a fine paste of Giloy leaves
- Heat castor oil or neem oil in a pan and add the Giloy paste to it
- Fry the mixture for few minutes
- Let the mixture cool down
- Apply it on the wound and dress the wound with a bandage
How to Consume Giloy?
- Take 1 tablespoon of dry stem powder and mix it with a cup of water
- Boil the mixture and reduce the quantity by half
- Filter the mixture
- Consume the concoction once daily just before consuming food
Giloy is also available in the market in the form of capsule and tablets for oral consumption.
Giloy Dosage: How much of it is safe?
Stem powder: 3–6 gm/day by dividing the dose
In water: 15–60 ml/day by dividing the dose
Side Effects and Precautions
- Though Giloy is used to treat diabetes, it can further lower glucose levels if other medicines are taken along with it.
- The consumption of Giloy should be strictly monitored during pregnancy
5 Important Questions About Giloy Answered
Can I consume Giloy & Amla juice every morning and night?
Giloy and Amla have a lot of skin, health and hair benefits. It is good to consume Giloy and Amla juice every morning and night, however, it is recommended to consult a health care practitioner before consuming Giloy and Amla juice.
How is Giloy juice useful for weight loss?
Giloy juice is beneficial for weight loss as it helps to boost immunity which in turn enhances metabolism. If you consume Giloy with a healthy diet and exercising schedule, then it may be beneficial for weight loss. You must consult a doctor before consuming Giloy.
How useful is Giloy for cancer?
Giloy helps in detoxification which helps in strengthening the immune system. It can only help to reduce the risk of cancer in humans. However, only a comprehensive treatment from a qualified health care practitioner can cure cancer.
Is Giloy good for dengue fever?
Yes, Giloy is good for dengue fever as it is anti-pyretic in nature. It also helps to increase immunity due to its amazing antioxidant properties. However, a proper treatment from a health care practitioner is necessary to cure dengue fever besides consuming Giloy.
Where to Buy
Best Brands that Sell Giloy
- Sun Seeds
- Madren Healthcare LLP
- Bhumija Lifesciences